GDT: 2022 NHL Draft (And Trade Rumors) - Montreal - July 7 - July 8

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I don't really get it from Ottawa's perspective? Especially with how cheap they are with letting their stars walk. DeBrincat has to want to stay in 2 years, and I'm not sure why he does.
Maybe they're banking on Stootzly/DeBrincat being their own poor man's (lol) McDavid/Draisaitl? 2 great players on an otherwise bad team to build around?

That's all I got. I'm not awfully familiar with the Sens' pipeline but it does seem an odd choice.

Do they actually go after Giroux as is being reported to crack a playoffs window open?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't really get it from Ottawa's perspective? Especially with how cheap they are with letting their stars walk. DeBrincat has to want to stay in 2 years, and I'm not sure why he does.

Short term they get some excitement and extra ticket sales, and then medium term they probably trade him at the 2024 deadline.

Reactions: Magua

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Yeah, seems to me they've paid a lot for a guy they're gonna shrug off shortly. I imagine the Estate of Eugene Melnyk isn't going to be more free-spending.

1eb5edbcc6800c086bc24a7fce50d3b007909ea4_hq.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Maybe they're banking on Stootzly/DeBrincat being their own poor man's (lol) McDavid/Draisaitl? 2 great players on an otherwise bad team to build around?

That's all I got. I'm not awfully familiar with the Sens' pipeline but it does seem an odd choice.

Do they actually go after Giroux as is being reported to crack a playoffs window open?

It's actually crazy how talented Ottawa could be if they didn't light top 2 rounders on fire the last few years to get grit and size. They have a lot of sneaky good forward talent.

Maybe this changes after Melnyk passed.

Maybe? But they're not a financially sound team, I believe. I don't know how that changes overnight. Their attendance was dead last; Melnyk's daughters "run" the team now, with no plans to sell. They'll eventually get a new rink, but that's years and years away.

Ottawa basically positioned themselves to need to sign DeBrincat to $9MM x 8 years.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
It's actually crazy how talented Ottawa could be if they didn't light top 2 rounders on fire the last few years to get grit and size. They have a lot of sneaky good forward talent.

Maybe? But they're not a financially sound team, I believe. I don't know how that changes overnight. Their attendance was dead last; Melnyk's daughters "run" the team now, with no plans to sell. They'll eventually get a new rink, but that's years and years away.
One of my buddies who isn't a hockey koalabrain was saying he's feeling optimistic. Said essentially the same thing - sneaky talent. Could be a step forward this year.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
They have to be forcing Toews/Kane to ask for a trade. Jones NMC hasn’t kicked in yet, wouldn’t surprise me to see teams kicking the tires on him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad