GDT: 2022 NHL Draft (And Trade Rumors) - Montreal - July 7 - July 8

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Lot of hate seemingly around Gauthier but everything I am reading is that he has a pretty high potential, just question is whether he reached it, no? In a draft that seems pretty thin I think I would rather swing for the fences with Guathier than take a "safer" pick like one of the d-men.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Lot of hate seemingly around Gauthier but everything I am reading is that he has a pretty high potential, just question is whether he reached it, no? In a draft that seems pretty thin I think I would rather swing for the fences with Guathier than take a "safer" pick like one of the d-men.
I listed in the last thread why I don't think he's a good pick, like someone else said, he's basically Owen Tippett

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

tw1022

Dec 16, 2014
Will any prospects reach their potential ceiling in Philly? Not a very good pattern of development here. For me, their development failure is why I wouldn't hate them trading the pick for a young established player.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It makes perfect sense to go after DeAngelo one year after we had to pay a high draft pick to get rid of Ghost.
I don't think I could take this guy on my team. I can tolerate bad players, but I can not tolerate certified lowlife assholes.
Maybe he was relatively well-behaved off the ice in Carolina, but everytime I see him on the ice acting tough I want to puke.

Reactions: Audible Velvet

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Hawks are also talking to teams about Dach (Jackets are one of teams)

Davidson is truly blowing it up and building team he wants it looks like

Kane/Toews control own paths if they want to follow Keith route. Jones is going to be face of franchise during rebuild it appears and be elder statesman with the kids on D in coming years

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
DeAngelo legitimately is an all offense guy. He’s good at that but he is actively bad defensively. It’s not just a stereotype, the numbers support it too. That’s just funny given the Flyers current defense core assuming Ellis can’t go 100% or at all. I just have no faith in the Flyers being able to leverage his strengths & weaknesses for the better end sum result.

We gave up assets to dump Ghost and then about a year later ... bahahahahaha :laugh:

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I don't think Emily Kaplan is talented.
Lol I don't mean her

Provy plays best when you pair him with an offensive guy, provy is really good when he doesn't have to worry about being offensive, even though he has shown the ability to chip in, so I think him and Tony d would be a good pair, but that's just my opinion, even if it's not a popular one

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I don't think Emily Kaplan is talented.
Did4jJ-U0AA0EMx.jpg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Might that be because the organization very much lacked these types of shoot-first forwards when Fletcher arrived, while there were several perceived "creators" in the pipeline, i.e. Farabee, Frost, Vorobyev?
And how does Bobby Brink fit the archteype here?
Bobby Brink had 35 goals in 43 games in the low scoring USHL in his draft year. He also played with Fletcher's son.

I don't think Fletcher took those players thinking he needed shoot-first players. He (and Flahr) took them thinking that's what wins games.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think I could take this guy on my team. I can tolerate bad players, but I can not tolerate certified lowlife assholes.
Maybe he was relatively well-behaved off the ice in Carolina, but everytime I see him on the ice acting tough I want to puke.
There doesn't seem to be any accounts that Hurricanes players had issues with him off the ice, what was revealed about him in this past year is how badly he unraveled emotionally in the playoffs, the Rangers and Bruins (and their fans) obviously got to him. That ain't gonna fly here, we're way more willing to turn on our own players vocally. And I'm not someone who thinks Torts is like some hardline Keenan type, but I also know he isn't gonna put up with poor defensive players.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
Flyers already have a "suspect" locker room, can't see DeAngelo helping that atmosphere.....but then, WTF do I know :sarcasm:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well if Dach is getting moved you can add another name to the list of disappointing picks around #5 made in the last 10 years.

Wanted Byram and we needed Keith heir

It was dumb selection at time and looks far worse

Dach is not a terrible hockey player (He is reasonably good defensively) but he isn't good C and may never work out as a C and a 3rd line winger with limited offensive game is not what a team should walk away with from 3rd overall

As a Hawk fan I am fine with moving Dach at this point as his value may further degrade if Hawks can get something good tonight for him

Sure, he could turn it around and become what we hoped he would be but chances of that seem to be less likely especially after his wrist injury

I meant the flyers section.

Oh, I thought you meant HF crash which is yearly event at big moment

As for you guys' maybe Fletcher actually doesn't do anything drastic and makes good pick and no major trades in coming weeks

Who is consensus that Flyer fans want to see taken at #5?

Reactions: VladDrag

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Wanted Byram and we needed Keith heir

It was dumb selection at time and looks far worse

Dach is not a terrible hockey player (He is reasonably good defensively) but he isn't good C and may never work out as a C and a 3rd line winger with limited offensive game is not what a team should walk away with from 3rd overall

As a Hawk fan I am fine with moving Dach at this point as his value may further degrade if Hawks can get something good tonight for him

Sure, he could turn it around and become what we hoped he would be but chances of that seem to be less likely especially after his wrist injury

Oh, I thought you meant HF crash which is yearly event at big moment

As for you guys' maybe Fletcher actually doesn't do anything drastic and makes good pick and no major trades in coming weeks

Who is consensus that Flyer fans want to see taken at #5?

The issue is, we can’t stand pat. We have to do something. This team is poo poo on a stick.

I don’t want to pick at 5. I want it traded.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The issue is, we can’t stand pat. We have to do something. This team is poo poo on a stick.

I don’t want to pick at 5. I want it traded.

I thought you guys a few weeks ago wanted to make pick and not do anything drastic

I thought you guys were all pissed off at the notion Flyers were going to try and go for it with this GM/Coach and roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad