GDT: 2022 NHL Draft (And Trade Rumors) - Montreal - July 7 - July 8

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

volnoir

Nov 13, 2015
Character issues aside, DeAngelo would have been a no brainer over Ristolainen. Maybe even over the Ellis now in hindsight.
This would also go against everything this board tells me in that the Flyers only sign high character guys who are lacking of talent.

Reactions: BernieParent

sauce88

Jul 6, 2011
This would also go against everything this board tells me in that the Flyers only sign high character guys who are lacking of talent.
Well Fletcher did last year, the team went very far as you could see.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

To be fair he didn’t have issues in Carolina so they could see that as a sign of him being reformed.

I’m talking about fighting with teammates here as I think it’s fair to say the Flyers & most other front offices don’t really care about his political viewpoints. That’s more fan manufactured than them.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
If nothing else it will be entertaining to see some lose their minds over DeAngelo's political views.

I'm fully on board team rebuild, so I'd prefer to stay away because he's a decent player. Would help the PP.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
If nothing else it will be entertaining to see some lose their minds over DeAngelo's political views.

I'm fully on board team rebuild, so I'd prefer to stay away because he's a decent player. Would help the PP.
Same but I'd be ok with signing him, I'm surprised he's not trying to trade Ellis for burns lol to redeem that historically bad trade he made years ago in minny

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

volnoir

Nov 13, 2015
Also he grew up a 30 min drive from Philly so I could see him wanting to sign close to home as well.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
DeAngelo legitimately is an all offense guy. He’s good at that but he is actively bad defensively. It’s not just a stereotype, the numbers support it too. That’s just funny given the Flyers current defense core assuming Ellis can’t go 100% or at all. I just have no faith in the Flyers being able to leverage his strengths & weaknesses for the better end sum result.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Foerster and Tuomaala absolutely fit the mold described. York and Andrae are defensemen which clearly I'm not referencing. Straight line wingers that shoot. That's my point.

Yeah ok, they aren't all huge (Tuomaala), but it's clear he values that archetype more than creators.
Might that be because the organization very much lacked these types of shoot-first forwards when Fletcher arrived, while there were several perceived "creators" in the pipeline, i.e. Farabee, Frost, Vorobyev?
And how does Bobby Brink fit the archteype here?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Havent been keeping up in this thread much but, do we like Jiricek or naw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad