Patriots/NFL 2024 Regular Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Brady couldn't play forever, It was him more than the Krafts
No one would ever be able to be at the same level without Brady, but I believe that Belichick had been succession planning for a smoother transition into the post-Brady era and Kraft meddled with both that and with the rebuild effort, leaving the cupboards bare.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Bill was planning to trade Mac Jones when he still had value and sign Baker Mayfield and Kraft vetoed it

that and this past offseason they failed to hire a GM and are just having Eliot Wolf handle the job, they're big coaching search resulted in just promoting Mayo and after going into free agency with $100 million in cap space their big accomplishments were re-signing JAGs from a 3 win team and leaving $50 million of cap space on the table

Reactions: McGarnagle

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
“Everybody calling for Maye to get in there, pick apart Jacoby, finding all the throws where they think somebody is running wide open. I’m sure Jacoby missed some throws,” James White said on the “Money Down Podcast” on Monday. “I’m sure he’s scrambled when he probably shouldn’t have. But that’s what happens when nobody’s blocking up front; you don’t trust it. You don’t trust it. Your eyes be in the wrong place every now and then. Y’all think you gonna throw a rookie out there and he just gonna go out there, and shred it up and handle business? I don’t think so. Your best offensive lineman David Andrews got hurt in the first quarter of the game. You’re playing with a lot of backups up front. I don’t see why anybody’s trying to say Drake Maye needs to go out there and play. It’s just too much going on.”

Patriots Fans Won't Love New England Legend's Drake Maye Take

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
“Everybody calling for Maye to get in there, pick apart Jacoby, finding all the throws where they think somebody is running wide open. I’m sure Jacoby missed some throws,” James White said on the “Money Down Podcast” on Monday. “I’m sure he’s scrambled when he probably shouldn’t have. But that’s what happens when nobody’s blocking up front; you don’t trust it. You don’t trust it. Your eyes be in the wrong place every now and then. Y’all think you gonna throw a rookie out there and he just gonna go out there, and shred it up and handle business? I don’t think so. Your best offensive lineman David Andrews got hurt in the first quarter of the game. You’re playing with a lot of backups up front. I don’t see why anybody’s trying to say Drake Maye needs to go out there and play. It’s just too much going on.”

Patriots Fans Won't Love New England Legend's Drake Maye Take
Play Maye, don't play Maye. I don't care. I said at the end of last year, that Washington was going to be the barometer for the Patriots on the rebuild. Both teams sucked last year, both were 4-13, both changed coaches and both had cap space to play with. Hell, I'd argue that Washington was an even bigger shit-show of a roster than New England was last year.

Lots of football left to play and we'll see how both teams end up. But if I'm a New England fan, I'm grading my team's progress against Washington's, because they started in the exact same spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad