2022/23 Roster Thread XX: Heading into the Homestretch

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
If they pick 13th, they take Suzuki
c5b6cb6b-0349-4ab3-b055-b5f69ec6064a-1656434946844.jpg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I don't like it, so everyone must be lying about it. Hell of a defense mechanism.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Agreed. Better conversation would be how do the Flyers clean up this mess. Who should stay? Who should go? What can the club reasonably expect to get in exchange for these guys?

I think the meaningful answer here is that it depends on how they're valued around the league and by which teams. They don't have anyone who should be untouchable. With pieces like Provorov and Sanehim, you don't just need interested teams. You need the ones that have the right assets. Setting out to trade any one specific player is something I would criticize heavily.

They also don't have anyone who absolutely can't come back unless there are real problems with Hayes. But I'm not taking back Gudbranson to do it unless real assets are coming back. Hayes and Tortorella can be adults about it.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I don't like it, so everyone must be lying about it. Hell of a defense mechanism.
It’s ironic because we’re not the ones that are using a defense mechanism here.

You’re ignoring legitimate reasons to cast doubt on it being reality because you can’t possibly believe that you’re wrong.

We don’t give a shit about Hextall being wrong. We’ve all talked about for years how terrible of a job he did despite being constantly told that we are Hextall stans.

It’s how the organization and Clarke have operated for years. It’s pure propaganda to protect the shield and their buddies.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Ignoring their scouts to take the alleged "consensus" #2 in Nolan Patrick was the biggest mistake this franchise has made in years, and they're paying for it dearly.

So I really don't support that they rely on an alleged "consensus" instead of doing their own work.

Granted, the JOB pick was way outside the consensus, and ended up a bust, but that was a Hextall/Pryor pick.

I actually think their drafting under Flahr is going to end up looking pretty good. But admittedly still to be determined.

How many more times are you going to voice this garbage take considering you so fervently defended and loved the Patrick pick at the time?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Bob Clarke would definitely tell you they had Suzuki if they stayed at #13.

Actually, the scouts had Jason Robertson and Robert Thomas tied at 13. Suzuki was next.

After Hextall was canned, a new manager came in, with the same scouting staff, and declared Ratcliffe an untouchable level prospect from that class. Makes you think.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ah yes, January 2021. No reason you don't hear about disorder in who to draft in 2017 until this point. None at all.

Very strange coincidence that no one talks about this until years after Patrick is drafted.

Veeeeeerrrrrrry strange.

The Fletcher Era saw the leakiest FO we've known in ages. But that bombshell magically stayed secret.

Reactions: Tripod

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My favorite part about the Patrick pick totally ruining the franchise discourse is they were slated to pick 13th. Yes, it stings, even if they made the chalk pick. But it’s also not as if they went scorched earth for that pick. Fletcher traded the 13th overall pick (+) to rent a 3rd pair defenseman.

It was a stroke of superb luck in the first place. And it’s impossible to separate Patrick’s brain issues — he looked like he was on the path to being at least a useful player in his first 2 seasons. Him “busting” is complicated. And if the Flyers didn’t win the 2nd pick, I also don’t expect them to trade Schenn. Which means this talent deprived team would not have Farabee or Frost.

In the end, it’s an immeasurably boring topic with nothing to learn. It’s a tactful distraction.

Even more fun is the argument that the Schenn trade was some massive Hextall loss. Because Farabee doesn't exist or something and until he suddenly changed course to play the world's worst attempt at a gotcha, he adamantly insisted Frost is a bust.

• Wow
Reactions: Larry44 and Magua

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If they pick 13th, they take Suzuki, so they still might have traded Schenn during the draft.

But at this point, whining about Holmgren, Hextall or Fletcher is pointless. Ancient history.
All that matters is the rebuild going forward.

I have no idea why you assume they'd take Suzuki.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yup. All a grand conspiracy cooked up by Bob Clarke and spread to various reporters across the NHL. Evil bastard.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yup. All a grand conspiracy cooked up by Bob Clarke and spread to various reporters across the NHL. Evil bastard.

Not a conspiracy. Just one dude lying followed by others in the org contradicting him.

Constantly misrepresenting what is being said makes your position look bad and harms your credibility.

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad