2022/23 Roster Thread XVIII: The bats have left the bell tower

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Pretty funny Torts had to come out and say they are sellers. I could see Fletcher telling him he thinks we could make the playoffs and Torts forcing them to sell by stating it today and in the recent past several times.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What a ridiculous amount of backpedaling.

So after telling us all about how there was going to be a revolving door because Tortorella has ordered a rebuild and LOVES playing youth, you're lying to us and claiming you actually meant he doesn't prefer playing youth.
Go back and look what I wrote four months ago after reviewing what Torts did at other stops.
He starts a few young players, looks at some others at the end of the season.
He's started Frost, Cates, Tippett, Allison in the top 9 as well as York. That's five new starters.
Next season they'll probably have 3-4 more.

Last 20 games he'll look at some AHL players and see how close they are to being NHL ready for next season.
Desnoyers and Lycksell are the first, if Seeler or Braun are traded, Zamula, Ginning and/or Attard will get their look see.

Deep down, I believe Clarke doesn’t want a great team that could possibly win because it would diminish his own legacy.

Ok, it might not be deep down. It may be his surface level thinking.
Nah, he's just stuck in the 80s when they had money and a "name" and could compete every year.
He conveniently forgot that they spent five years rebuilding after getting rid of himself and Holmgren, and became a top team once again.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Remember when Vigneault said he doesn’t evaluate players at the end of seasons because they’re meaningless games? That turd is still being paid $5MM until next season. Thanks, Chuck.
Hey, it's less than the 6.4 million they still own Bryzgalov and he has not played for the Flyers in 10 years.

Sad that 2 men that have made these decisions are still in upper Mgt positions.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Go back and look what I wrote four months ago after reviewing what Torts did at other stops.
He's started Frost, Cates, Tippett, Allison in the top 9 as well as York. That's five new starters.

Last 20 games he'll look at some AHL players and see how close they are to being NHL ready for next season.
Desnoyers and Lycksell are the first, if Seeler or Braun are traded, Zamula, Ginning and/or Attard will get their look see.

Nah, he's just stuck in the 80s when they had money and a "name" and could compete every year.
He conveniently forgot that they spent five years rebuilding after getting rid of himself and Holmgren, and became a top team once again.
What did you write six or seven months ago?

Why are they in the lineup?

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

4 months ago you were already backpedaling and getting called out for it. I'm reviewing what you claimed in the summer.

You've been backpedaling since Game 1. That's when all your utopian claims began unraveling fast.

Reactions: Tripod

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Some people here criticize "dinos" for supposedly not adapting to new times and new information,

Yet these same people will denigrate and "gotcha!" a person years later for changing their opinion after years of new information.

(Look at how the prospect group was rated in 2018! Haha!)

Yeah, do you still go by the 1980s Food Pyramid, too?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Have you said that you were wrong on the matter?

Instead we get "I never said that."

Come on, man.
I said I looked into Torts' previous stops and this is what I found.
I was surprised that he didn't make major changes, that it was more of an incremental process.

Come on, man, homework isn't that hard with the internet. Some people are lazy.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I said I looked into Torts' previous stops and this is what I found.
I was surprised that he didn't make major changes, that it was more of an incremental process.

Come on, man, homework isn't that hard with the internet. Some people are lazy.
It's easy to say I was wrong and with new information I now see...

As an Economist you should know that...

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I think this needs to be posted here as well...

Suck it, haters

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Suck it, haters

Who hated on G?
Think they got a good return, three years from now G will be 38, Tippett will be 26.
And if Florida struggles next year, that could be a good 1st rd pick.

Spencer Knight and Bob don't seem to be the answer, and depth is an issue.
Traded 3 1st rd picks, a 2nd and 3rd the next three seasons and will probably miss the playoffs.
They'll have $11M in cap room next season, but need to rebuild their defense and add depth to their forward group.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You mean you never do research and correct yourself?

Of course not.

Of course I do. Unlike you, I make a point of making my error known.

You've been trying to pretend you argued the same thing the whole time. After months of claiming I didn't do my research (I had), and it turned out I was right, you're trying to pretend you were saying something completely different.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Some people here criticize "dinos" for supposedly not adapting to new times and new information,

Yet these same people will denigrate and "gotcha!" a person years later for changing their opinion after years of new information.

(Look at how the prospect group was rated in 2018! Haha!)

Yeah, do you still go by the 1980s Food Pyramid, too?

That isn't remotely what happened.

How come you're still defending management? Why did you lie about that?

Reactions: Tripod

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Suck it, haters

Weird, I was told players never do better after leaving for a place that doesn't vigorously oppose skill and creativity.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
You mean you never do research and correct yourself?

Of course not.

In all of your time here, I have seen you admit that you were wrong on exactly two occasions, one of which was years ago and I had to browbeat and corner you into it. You have no interest in trying to correct yourself. You only have an interest in try to lawyer your way out of having to admit that you were wrong, which you are nearly all of the time.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

Suck it, haters

another Zinger for Chuckles...

ps. Ghost says hello aswell... hahhaah...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad