2022/23 Roster Thread XVIII: The bats have left the bell tower

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019

Attachments

• they-are-who-we-thought-they-were.jpg
    they-are-who-we-thought-they-were.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I called this, not just making the AHL playoffs, but having Ersson get a lot of PT since he basically missed last season. Phantoms were rolling out an ECHL goalie and the results were as expected.

Reactions: captainpaxil

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I called this, not just making the AHL playoffs, but having Ersson get a lot of PT since he basically missed last season. Phantoms were rolling out an ECHL goalie and the results were as expected.
Wasn't the revolving door supposed to start at New Years? Funny it may be starting now only because of #injuries.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
“Who we are” is a horrible roster, with horrible coaching, and absolutely no future.

Worst franchise in the league and it’s not close.

I think the Canucks are up there with them. Pretty much a mirror situation, absolute garbage name-brand defensemen who make too much money, complete lack of direction, alienated fanbase, decided that the solution to their problems was hiring a gorilla coach. Hell, they even did the Vigneault-to-Tortorella dance 5 years before the Flyers did, and they have Mike Yeo in the building just in case!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: BiggE

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I think the Canucks are up there with them. Pretty much a mirror situation, absolute garbage name-brand defensemen who make too much money, complete lack of direction, alienated fanbase, decided that the solution to their problems was hiring a gorilla coach. Hell, they even did the Vigneault-to-Tortorella dance 5 years before the Flyers did, and they have Mike Yeo in the building just in case!!!!!!!!!

I’d love to swap teams with the Canucks.

Demko vs Hart make goaltending irrelevant.

They actually have some pieces for a young talented core while the Flyers have hoards of secondary vanilla dog shit.

If someone could find out where Dave Scott buys his groceries. Thank you.

I honestly hate this team. If someone could just find Cates, Sanheim or Seeler along the boards and light them the F up. Destroy this franchise.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wasn't the revolving door supposed to start at New Years? Funny it may be starting now only because of #injuries.
No. Go back and actually read what I wrote after looking at Torts' history.
He starts 3-4 young players, and has cameos for prospects at the end of the year.
Next season, rinse and repeat.

He's not into the "play prospects whether they're ready or not" which is one reason teams like Buffalo remain mired in mediocrity - they rush their prospects to placate their fans and slow their development.

Foerster for example, hasn't shown he's NHL ready, Wisdom needs another season, Zamula is playing better lately as is Attard, but no need to rush either player. Wylie is still marginal, Ginning adjusting to NA hockey. Lycksell and Desnoyers are clearly the top two position players on LHV and both are up. But I'm not sure Lycksell wouldn't be better off with more seasoning.

Ersson is a 1B right now, but why play him in the NHL, win a couple games you'd lose with Sandstrom, and keep him from getting the PT he needs to develop after losing lot's of PT?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No. Go back and actually read what I wrote after looking at Torts' history.
He starts 3-4 young players, and has cameos for prospects at the end of the year.
Next season, rinse and repeat.

He's not into the "play prospects whether they're ready or not" which is one reason teams like Buffalo remain mired in mediocrity - they rush their prospects to placate their fans and slow their development.

Foerster for example, hasn't shown he's NHL ready, Wisdom needs another season, Zamula is playing better lately as is Attard, but no need to rush either player. Wylie is still marginal, Ginning adjusting to NA hockey. Lycksell and Desnoyers are clearly the top two position players on LHV and both are up. But I'm not sure Lycksell wouldn't be better off with more seasoning.

Ersson is a 1B right now, but why play him in the NHL, win a couple games you'd lose with Sandstrom, and keep him from getting the PT he needs to develop after losing lot's of PT?

What a ridiculous amount of backpedaling.

So after telling us all about how there was going to be a revolving door because Tortorella has ordered a rebuild and LOVES playing youth, you're lying to us and claiming you actually meant he doesn't prefer playing youth.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
What a ridiculous amount of backpedaling.

So after telling us all about how there was going to be a revolving door because Tortorella has ordered a rebuild and LOVES playing youth, you're lying to us and claiming you actually meant he doesn't prefer playing youth.

He's trying to find the veterans he wants to keep around to lead thr New Torts Order. Try and keep up, Biff.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It’s crazy to me that these old f***s are so lazy that they’re not even willing to learn basic information about the sport, even when it would obviously help them be more successful, keep their jobs, and make more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad