2022/23 Roster Thread XVIII: The bats have left the bell tower

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
The guy was dominate. The loserness of this franchise has blinded some of you guys.
Competing under pressure and winning does factor into it. The QB of football teams have huge outcomes on the games.

Do you want the whole rant? This is a genuine question. A No is completely acceptable and probably the smart move. :laugh:

Brady is a defensible choice to be clear. So are Marino and Unitas. I could even understand the Brees angle. But it's Peyton and it's not close.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Do you want the whole rant? This is a genuine question. A No is completely acceptable and probably the smart move. :laugh:

Brady is a defensible choice to be clear. So are Marino and Unitas. I could even understand the Brees angle. But it's Peyton and it's not close.

Peyton, Brees, Brady. That order. I will not negotiate for this.

The Olds would get their own ranking. I split pre millennium and post.

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

I'd prefer not to read a wall of text. ;)

Peyton is a decent argument to make.

The guy was complete garbage on his last super bowl win though.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The guy was dominate. The loserness of this franchise has blinded some of you guys.

Competing under pressure and winning does factor into it. The QB of football teams have huge outcomes on the games.
I don’t care about Brady or who is the best QB.

Team wins are never proof of individual quality in any team sport.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Peyton, Brees, Brady. That order. I will not negotiate for this.

The Olds would get their own ranking. I split pre millennium and post.
Got to diagree here. Brady perennially had his teams in the conference championship and usually with less at receiver, rb, etc. Also made the Super Bowl at a huge percentage of seasons played. Manning usually choked in the playoffs and was basically a slightly better version of Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson when he won in Denver. Brees is great but not on Brady’s level in terms of winning.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I don’t care about Brady or who is the best QB.

Team wins are never proof of individual quality in any team sport.

That's a loser mentality. Winning is essential in sports, that's the only reason the game is played. People don't celebrate losses. They don't give accolades to losers (participation trophies).

To pretend taking a team to 10 superbowls and winning 7 and then dismiss an individual's quality on influencing the game is well ... rubbish.

I can't believe that is something someone would even say here.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Oh I didn't see the participation trophies thing. This is my fault for engaging that horseshit. My apologies.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Oh I didn't see the participation trophies thing. This is my fault for engaging that horseshit. My apologies.

Dismissive of the argument based on that huh?

His point was/is terrible. People don't remember Jim Kelly at all and that was a guy who took the Bills to 4 Superbowls back to back. (A very impressive feat I might add)

Reactions: FLYERSFAN18

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
73e020f56c4a86221823bc32113b4316d2-25-ben-affleck-sad-smoke.2x.w710.jpg

It’s 2023. How is this kind of argument still happening?

Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad