2022/23 Roster Thread XVIII: The bats have left the bell tower

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I'll level with you - pun intended:

1)The TV is too big for the mantle. Should've gone a little smaller.
2)The TV is only that high due to minimum clearance issues with the fireplace. Any lower, and I'd have to have the fan running the whole time the fireplace is on and while it's not terribly loud, it's distracting.

The builders that put obvious spots for tvs above fireplaces should be classified as terrorists.

but in reality..my tv is about eye level

Fczeq5gagAELRck

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I'm going to crack up when Chuck doesn't trade Provorov to the Oilers. This is such a slam dunk. We're talking a grapefruit sized play-basketball and of those 4 foot plastic hoops. They're so desperate for defense and a deep run for McDavid and Draisaitl. You could probably squeeze 1sts out.

What he decides to do (or likely not do) is going to be HILARIOUS

Reactions: BiggE

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I'm going to crack up when Chuck doesn't trade Provorov to the Oilers. This is such a slam dunk. We're talking a grapefruit sized play-basketball and of those 4 foot plastic hoops. They're so desperate for defense and a deep run for McDavid and Draisaitl. You could probably squeeze 1sts out.

What he decides to do (or likely not do) is going to be HILARIOUS
On March 3rd, he’ll trade JVR for a 3rd and then head out to the Golden Corral with Flahr

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I come here to see how high everyone’s tv is. Yours is right on the border of too high, but still acceptable.

Yes, this is my hot dog/sandwich issue.

Mine is way too f***ing high. Over the mantle in our new house, it's probably 5.5' off the ground. Meanwhile the coach we ended up with is like a waiting room couch, back is super low. It's f***ed up. There's no way for me to comfortably sit and watch the TV. Wife thinks I am insane for wanting to "waste money" replacing the couch with a reclining one already, but I think I'll waste much more money getting neck surgery if this isn't resolved.

Other solution is to bring the TV down off the wall, get another piece of furniture to host it and a large piece of art to fill the over-the-mantle space and then rearrange the room. But the couch still blows.

First house, first rodeo.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The builders that put obvious spots for tvs above fireplaces should be classified as terrorists.

Fczeq5gagAELRck

Yeah, the room set up necessitated it basically. We could have put it on exactly one wall in our great room, which would've seen the fireplace blocked by our couch. The other side of the room has skylighys and would've made nightmares for screen viewing.

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I don’t want Cuck making any trades. What I want is for Dave Scott to grow a pair and fire him and his fat ass sidekick today. And, if that chaw spitting fossil Bob Clarke doesn’t like it, block his phone and let him stew in Florida.

My memories of the Flyers go back to the early 70s and this is as bad as its ever been.

Incompetent GM
League’s worst developmental dept
League’s worst medical/training staff
An outdated and out of touch prick of a coach
A horrific roster devoid of top end talent
A weak prospect pool and no 2nd round picks til the 2nd coming.

It’s an absolute disgrace. For the love of God, please stop buying tickets, stop buying merch and stop watching games. An empty arena and a massive loss in revenue is the only thing that will ever get Comcast’s attention.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
TVs don't belong on the wall - this is one of my few hills to die on between my wife and I.

I do not and never will mount a TV on the wall. They belong on convenient eye level, which is TV stand level. And it's idiotic to mount a TV on that level.

Anyone with a mounted TV will be put in The Musher when my regime is ascendant

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I do not and never will mount a TV on the wall. They belong on convenient eye level, which is TV stand level. And it's idiotic to mount a TV on that level.

We've already made sure this doesn't happen. I'm putting you in a prison where the TV is just under the ceiling

....and making you watch Flyers re runs.

Edit: and what's with you heathens using entertainment centers like its 1990 still. You gonna play music for me on your compact disc's next?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don’t want Cuck making any trades. What I want is for Dave Scott to grow a pair and fire him and his fat ass sidekick today. And, if that chaw spitting fossil Bob Clarke doesn’t like it, block his phone and let him stew in Florida.

My memories of the Flyers go back to the early 70s and this is as bad as its ever been.

Incompetent GM
League’s worst developmental dept
League’s worst medical/training staff
An outdated and out of touch prick of a coach
A horrific roster devoid of top end talent
A weak prospect pool and no 2nd round picks til the 2nd coming.

It’s an absolute disgrace. For the love of God, please stop buying tickets, stop buying merch and stop watching games. An empty arena and a massive loss in revenue is the only thing that will ever get Comcast’s attention.

I've toiled my pointless life away as a Football Team fan, and I can unhappily say that this is worse than DC has ever been. And that's been really, really bad. The Commodes have at least always had legit star players who are worth watching and usually at least one creative and fun coach. Everything up top was an unwashed fetid disaster, but they always managed to find some real players.

The Flybags have the ruptured septic tank swamp of management. They have a parade of unimpressive coaches who are certainly all told that they need to focus on defense instead of anything fun or game-winning. They don't even have the star players. Those are gone. TK is cool, but he's it. Frost is fun, but he's a 3rd liner anywhere competent. Tippett made himself interesting, but he's in that same boat. The defense is a bunch of middle pairing dudes at best. And because of their priorities and development process, they ensure it's pointless to be thrilled about anyone because they put a hard ceiling on everyone, and good luck to any player trying to break through.

It's incredibly bleak.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We've already made sure this doesn't happen. I'm putting you in a prison where the TV is just under the ceiling

....and making you watch Flyers re runs.

Can you do this to me now? I'm already watching the Flyers with maximum visibility. Making it so I can't see them while holding my head normally is an upgrade.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Having Torts is just odd. In a lot of scenarios, I view the game and the fine details in the same way as him - I love and like to teach NZ/DZ play where you don't give an inch. Love hearing about accountability, teamwork, and discipline, in an organization where there is none - love that too. I like that he explicitly talks about the sad state that this team is in - last night he compared us to NJD a few years ago, love to hear that because it's true. We are YEARS away.

But then he keeps talking, and I just can't with this guy. I follow pretty much every press conference, he'll say a few things I really like and genuinely agree with - and then you see pregame notes and he does something bizarre, is inconsistent with the scratches/lineup, throws a temper tantrum after the game, and you are left being like - "but you said this 2 nights ago"? It's like he almost loses his way or gets bored and tries to over manage. I literally don't find any consistency in his management style because of his lineup decisions - are the scratches based on merit? They can't be.

In terms of a soccer comparison - Torts would be a manager who they bring in mid-season to avoid relegation because he cleans up a lot of the easy mistakes/faults in NZ/ aka low hanging fruit - Torts is not the guy in today's game who is going to get you in the upper tier of a title race.

Special thanks to everyone who has really helped me better understand the advanced stats metrics/analytics - I have asked one question to myself all year "are they harder to play against than last year?" - I actually think they are, but - it doesn't mean ANYTHING because the small jump in play has gotten them in no-mans-land, and out of the Bedard sweepstakes.

They have the wrong GM (duh) and coach in place.

Torts the idea is just way better than Torts the reality - and again, I love a lot of his principles and core values, I genuinely mean that.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

This post is GB and Deady level. Absolute rubbish.

• Haha
Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad