2022/23 Roster Thread XVIII: The bats have left the bell tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
73e020f56c4a86221823bc32113b4316d2-25-ben-affleck-sad-smoke.2x.w710.jpg

It’s 2023. How is this kind of argument still happening?

Probably because it has validity?

Especially so in a sport that isn't as dynamic like hockey.

Tom Brady didn't have any influence on the Patriots coming back and beating Atlanta... Nope. Didn't happen.

Reactions: FLYERSFAN18

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Got to diagree here. Brady perennially had his teams in the conference championship and usually with less at receiver, rb, etc. Also made the Super Bowl at a huge percentage of seasons played. Manning usually choked in the playoffs and was basically a slightly better version of Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson when he won in Denver. Brees is great but not on Brady’s level in terms of winning.

He didn't have less, though. And he had elite coaching. There is nothing Brady did that Brees and Peyton couldn't have done in the same situation. I have doubts Brady performs as well in their spots.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
He didn't have less, though. And he had elite coaching. There is nothing Brady did that Brees and Peyton couldn't have done in the same situation. I have doubts Brady performs as well in their spots.
He definitely had less at skill positions other than the 18-1 season.

Brady put his team in position to win way more often than not when given the opportunity that’s why he is know for game winning drives and playoff success.

Manning was good but he didn’t have that same ability to play his biggest in the biggest games. I mean he won two Super Bowls. One as a spare part in Denver and another against Rex Grossmann who might be the worst QB to start a Super Bowl this millennia.

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
Dismissive of the argument based on that huh?

His point was/is terrible. People don't remember Jim Kelly at all and that was a guy who took the Bills to 4 Superbowls back to back. (A very impressive feat I might add)

No, my apologies for not being clear. It has nothing to do with your argument. I think you can't stop shitting yourself in cultural outrage long enough to talk about dopey sports and are therefore not worth my time.

Brady put his team in position to win way more often than not when given the opportunity that’s why he is know for game winning drives and playoff success.

You would be surprised at how much this narrative is driven by FG kicking, both for and against. Really. Brady was an absolutely fantastic QB and also incredibly lucky in some of these swingy areas. That doesn't diminish his career at all. But it does help put things in perspective when ranked against other Tier 1 QBs.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
No, my apologies for not being clear. It has nothing to do with your argument. I think you can't stop shitting yourself in cultural outrage long enough to talk about dopey sports and are therefore not worth my time.

You've got a bad sense of judgment if you think I have any cultural outrage. Participation trophies are just a stupid funny thing to say (I remember receiving those dumb things as a kid).

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
He definitely had less at skill positions other than the 18-1 season.

Manning was good but he didn’t have that same ability to play his biggest in the biggest games. I mean he won two Super Bowls. One as a spare part in Denver and another against Rex Grossmann who might be the worst QB to start a Super Bowl this millennia.
A SPARE PART IN DENVER

Is Peyton "choking in the playoffs" the most ridiculous trope ever? Maybe that vs Lebron choking in the playoffs? Both are nonsense

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Rex Grossman was Super Bowl MVP for the colts, lost to the Saints, absolutely embarrassed by Seattle, and a game manager in the win for Denver. Not exactly the best performances in the Super Bowl.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

You would be surprised at how much this narrative is driven by FG kicking, both for and against. Really. Brady was an absolutely fantastic QB and also incredibly lucky in some of these swingy areas. That doesn't diminish his career at all. But it does help put things in perspective when ranked against other Tier 1 QBs.
I honestly believe that about 60% of the reason I come here still is solely for these Jojo posts.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
At each moment for self-reflection, the Flyers keep driving forward on their highway of feces. They refuse to take the exit ramp at each chance. If this season closes spectacularly bad to the point Fletcher is out, the next ramp coming up, before a fiery crash when the highway ends, is whether to let Torts have a large say on roster in a post-Fletcher front office — the whole idea of having “Torts Guys.”

Even in the unlikely best case scenario the team blows up the front office for good, I think Tortorella is a seat filler for a full rebuild for another 1-2 years, short of fighting a player or going into a coma from a horse roundhouse kick. They just cannot make any trade or signing in which he factors in. But as I was saying about not taking the off ramp, the next (il)logical step for Dave Scott and the advisor cockroaches is to let him do just that under a stooge like Briere. At the end of that, the Bill Meltzers out there will be wishing they were in the middle of a tiny little decade long rebuild.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I come here to see how high everyone’s tv is. Yours is right on the border of too high, but still acceptable.

Yes, this is my hot dog/sandwich issue.

I'll level with you - pun intended:

1)The TV is too big for the mantle. Should've gone a little smaller.
2)The TV is only that high due to minimum clearance issues with the fireplace. Any lower, and I'd have to have the fan running the whole time the fireplace is on and while it's not terribly loud, it's distracting.

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad