2022/23 Roster Thread XVIII: The bats have left the bell tower

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I think there's a lot of people today that are soft as butter but generally I don't think I'd consider hockey players that. Lots of these guys will go out and still take a puck to the face to win a championship. I can understand moving on from players who don't want to deal with contact but I imagine Farabee's camp just wants him to be 100%.

This is some stupid ass version of Eric Lindros 2.0.

Arizona had Gretzky as their coach. Perhaps that?

It is Gretzky. You're gonna have players motivated to play for him even if he is completely clueless.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
That's actually a pretty interesting thought. I've been following the NHL for 40+ years. I don't remember a single instance of an NHL organization attempting to make the coach the face of any team in the league - ever. Even with various awful teams with zero talent. Can anyone think of an example of this before Torts and the flyers right now?
I'll extend it to in all sports ever. With every "star" coach comes a star player. Jordan, Brady, Mahomes, Jeter etc etc etc. Never has a coach been anointed like the flyers are right now. That's how out of touch they are

chadateit

Jan 11, 2021
I'll extend it to in all sports ever. With every "star" coach comes a star player. Jordan, Brady, Mahomes, Jeter etc etc etc. Never has a coach been anointed like the flyers are right now. That's how out of touch they are
I think you can argue that Bellicheck (or however the f*** you spell that) might fit the bill. And football is all about coaching, way more than the NHL. Of course, I don't follow football at all, so I could be wrong.

Reactions: DancingPanther

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Bill Parcells came in as the all-savior of the Cowflops when he was their coach, and Jon Gruden with the Raiders.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I think you can argue that Bellicheck (or however the f*** you spell that) might fit the bill. And football is all about coaching, way more than the NHL. Of course, I don't follow football at all, so I could be wrong.
Belichick had Brady.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Bill Parcells came in as the all-savior of the Cowflops when he was their coach, and Jon Gruden with the Raiders.
Parcells is fair, but he also had Witten. I was young for that though so I'm not certain how Witten was marketed to their fanbase/in football

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Imagine giving Torts the keys to a franchise in 2023.
Having the keys to this franchise is akin to having the keys for an outhouse.

That's actually a pretty interesting thought. I've been following the NHL for 40+ years. I don't remember a single instance of an NHL organization attempting to make the coach the face of any team in the league - ever. Even with various awful teams with zero talent. Can anyone think of an example of this before Torts and the flyers right now?
Possibly Don Cherry in Colorado. But that was a long time ago and it did not go well.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
This is the most disheartening thing I have read about the Flyers. :laugh:

Every single thing the Flyers have done for years has been the wrong thing. This is like flipping heads 1000 times in a row. Can we get a tails just one time, please? :laugh:
At the end of AV's tenure, I thought at least it can't get this bad. I can't believe how many times I have thought that.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
"Nobody wanted to watch this at 8pm last night. Maybe we'll see if the 8am crowd is more(less?) Apathetic..?"
20230225_081911.jpg
."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad