2022/23 Roster Thread XVIII: The bats have left the bell tower

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Tarasenko yes ...they are easy to compare due to both being wings. BTW currently PPG Tarasenko is 107 and JvR is 156 among forwards... Not a huge difference. You are talking low top line right wing and high 2nd line left wing. Then add in Tarasenko shoulder injury history?

Centers fetch a little better returns based on history

AND why even bring in defensemen???
You’re nuts if you think JVR is on the same level as Tarasenko.

JVR: 585 pts in 918 career GP
Tarasenko: 557 pts in 651 career GP

JVR last season: 38 pts in 82 games
Tarasenko last season: 82 pts in 78 games

This season:

JVR: 23 pts in 39 games
Tarasenko (pre-trade): 29 pts in 38 games

There isn’t a person in the league who would say JVR is of equal value to Tarasenko.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Teams in on JvR....

Minn and Winnipeg are probably your best shot for a good pick back.

Let's look at pp2 on each.

Could JvR be an upgrade over Marcus Foglino or Ryan Hartman for Minn and Sam Ganger for Winnipeg?

Capitalize on his strengths and pit those teams against each other in a bidding war using 50% retention to sweeten the deal.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Tarasenko yes ...they are easy to compare due to both being wings. BTW currently PPG Tarasenko is 107 and JvR is 156 among forwards... Not a huge difference. You are talking low top line right wing and high 2nd line left wing. Then add in Tarasenko shoulder injury history?

Tarasenko had 82 points last season AFTER his shoulder injuries.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
There’s just no way JVR will garner a late 1st.

Late 1sts are for O’Reilly & Orlov. A # 2 caliber center & a # 2 caliber defenseman.

JVR is not in that tier.

How come you're leaving out a chunk of value in the ROR and Orlov trades? They got a bunch more than a late first.

Of course you're choosing to be deceptive and pretending the value they got is only a late first. How come you are choosing to be deceitful?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Whom do the Flyers have that you’d trade for a late 1st (& whom teams would want for a 1st)?

Provorov - Jets , Vegas, Sens, Oilers,
Tippett - Not sure
Farabee , Torts hates him,,,31 other teams
Hayes, mpst likely un-moveable
Sanheim in bigger deal as Torts hates him, 31 other teams
Risto, we paid more so he must be worth it.
TDA, we paid more so must be worth it

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
So reading all this stuff about Farabee and Seravelli and I'm wondering if maybe Schmuck dropped that info to create a bit of turmoil for Tortorella to deal with. I wouldn't push it past Schmuck because that seems like something he would do to save his own ass. That's a play right out of the Clarke book of management. Throw a player under the bus AND have the coach deal with it.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I see where you’re coming from, but the late 1st better not be the motivating factor for trading TK or Provorov. No more Brayden Schenn trades.
Agreed, GB. They are only worth moving if the return is too good to pass up.

There’s just no way JVR will garner a late 1st.

Late 1sts are for O’Reilly & Orlov. A # 2 caliber center & a # 2 caliber defenseman.

JVR is not in that tier.
For the right trading partner, JvR + 3rd or + Seeler might, but I agree that, on his own, he would likely not bring back a 2023 1st.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
So reading all this stuff about Farabee and Seravelli and I'm wondering if maybe Schmuck dropped that info to create a bit of turmoil for Tortorella to deal with. I wouldn't push it past Schmuck because that seems like something he would do to save his own ass. That's a play right out of the Clarke book of management. Throw a player under the bus AND have the coach deal with it.
Most likely Seravalli goaded Farabee’s agent & it worked.

Farabee & JVR have the same agent, so he probably prodded the agent on Farabee while trying to get a deadline scoop on JVR.

Frank got his clicks.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Orrrrrr…. Maybe Farabee isn’t happy with the way the season has unfolded and his agent is reporting what he said to him.

Agents don’t just release this type of news, they usually will go through the player to see if they are ok with them letting the media know.

This is the simplest and most likely thing.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
But he's one good hit from another recurrance as we have seen him have how many shoulder issues in his career?
That's a reason not to give him a five year extension. I don't think that affects his value as a rental for the next couple of months.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Orrrrrr…. Maybe Farabee isn’t happy with the way the season has unfolded and his agent is reporting what he said to him.

Agents don’t just release this type of news, they usually will go through the player to see if they are ok with them letting the media know.
I’m not crazy about Farabee’s season either. If his neck is still an issue, he shouldn’t be playing. If he’s healthy, he’s having a bad season and needs to improve. Fighting publicly with Torts does no one any good. If it’s just Seravelli is just stirring the turds for clicks, screw him. In fact screw him anyway.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I’m not crazy about Farabee’s season either. If his neck is still an issue, he shouldn’t be playing. If he’s healthy, he’s having a bad season and needs to improve. Fighting publicly with Torts does no one any good. If it’s just Seravelli is just stirring the turds for clicks, screw him. In fact screw him anyway.

Eh, I disagree. But only kinda. He should be playing to try and work it into shape and sort out the kinks.

But at the same time he should be given f***ing leeway instead of the usual idiotic Flyers routine of pushing an ailing player into something worse. Unfortunately the coach is a weak manbaby stuck in 1999 like everyone else running the team.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Eh, I disagree. But only kinda. He should be playing to try and work it into shape and sort out the kinks.

But at the same time he should be given f***ing leeway instead of the usual idiotic Flyers routine of pushing an ailing player into something worse.
Definitely in on the latter. If he’s not 100% healthy, he should not be on the ice. His call; not the trading staff, coach or FO. He’s always been a guy that wants to play. He’s not faking anything if he says that he’s not ready to go. If the Flyers can’t live with his decision then do what Buffalo did with Eichel, move him.
If he is fine, then he needs to up his game. His play has been weak

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Definitely in on the latter. If he’s not 100% healthy, he should not be on the ice. His call; not the trading staff, coach or FO. He’s always been a guy that wants to play. He’s not faking anything if he says that he’s not ready to go. If the Flyers can’t live with his decision then do what Buffalo did with Eichel, move him.
If he is fine, then he needs to up his game. His play has been weak
Most NHL players don't fight the front office when they ask if they are willing to play at less than 100%. It's part of the stupidity of the hockey culture. If they think they have a chance to play they will.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
No need to b e silly people.

Players often take awhile to get back to themselves after having serious surgeries. Like Giroux's hip....it was expected that it would take a year to get back the strength that he once had. No need to overthink this. He had a serious neck surgery. He deserves some slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad