2022/23 Roster Thread XVIII: The bats have left the bell tower

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Trade them all for futures. Seeler, TK, Hart, Ersson, The Guy Who Stands Up For What He Believes In, Hayes at full retention, JVR, Frost, Sanheim. Literally sell everyone off. But don't let Tuck Leper do it. Let me do it

You all should be very happy I'm not GM

Reactions: BiggE

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

On the pod he essentially said he thought it was bullshit when coaches would do this back when he played. He didn’t go on a “soft generation” type of rant.

He said he never really saw the upside of doing this. He said you’re essentially crossing into that personal realm & not motivational anymore. He said coaches can play dumb after the fact like Tortorella did but they know what they did going into it. He said they know these guys hometowns. He said he just sees these type of moves as all downside because you can really run the risk of pissing off the entire locker room to the point they give up on you.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

On the pod he essentially said he thought it was bullshit when coaches would do this back when he played. He didn’t go on a “soft generation” type of rant.

He said he never really saw the upside of doing this. He said you’re essentially crossing into that personal realm & not motivational anymore. He said coaches can play dumb after the fact like Tortorella did but they know what they did going into it. He said they know these guys hometowns. He said he just sees these type of moves as all downside because you can really run the risk of pissing off the entire locker room to the point they give up on you.

Imagine being such a dickhead that Chris dipshit Therien is on the correct side of the issue against you.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Imagine being such a dickhead that Chris dipshit Therien is on the correct side of the issue against you.

He started it off with “I have to watch what I say here”. My mind automatically went to here comes a millennial rant but to my surprise he went the other way. I think he was being careful though in that he didn’t want to portray it like he knows something that’s happening currently with this case, just in his personal experience it could very well go in that direction.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He started it off with “I have to watch what I say here”. My mind automatically went to here comes a millennial rant but to my surprise he went the other way. I think he was being careful though in that he didn’t want to portray it like he knows something that’s happening currently with this case, just in his personal experience it could very well go in that direction.
Yeah, that’s what I would have expected too.

Guess a blind clock finds the nut twice a day after all.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Listening to today’s 32 Thoughts. Friedman’s take on the situation is more damming than the others.

He said he would have figured the organizational plan for Farabee would be to just write this season off given the injury/surgery circumstances. Finish the year as best as you can & start next year fresh.

He said the people he’s talked in Philadelphia said “that’s not happening”. He then went on to say Tortorella is the face of the franchise & isn’t going anywhere anytime soon so he does have stroke in that regard. So he essentially implied Tortorella isn’t gonna let up here.

He said he thinks the concern on Farabee’s camp end is that they feel this is Tortorella’s MO & he’s unlikely to change so they aren’t really crazy about the possibility of going through multiple years of this.

Friedman ended it saying things could always change but that’s his read on it right now. He said the organization is hoping they can repair the relationship between Tortorella & Farabee so they’re not at the point where the organization wants to cut ties.

He did say Tortorella & Lecavalier repaired a poor relationship back in the day before they went on to win the Cup. But he did add the caveat that it was a long time ago & not a lot of today’s young players would be receptive to what was demanded like Lacavalier had to back then.

chadateit

Jan 11, 2021
Listening to today’s 32 Thoughts. Friedman’s take on the situation is more damming than the others.

He said he would have figured the organizational plan for Farabee would be to just write this season off given the injury/surgery circumstances. Finish the year as best as you can & start next year fresh.

He said the people he’s talked in Philadelphia said “that’s not happening”. He then went on to say Tortorella is the face of the franchise & isn’t going anywhere anytime soon so he does have stroke in that regard. So he essentially implied Tortorella isn’t gonna let up here.

He said he thinks the concern on Farabee’s camp end is that they feel this is Tortorella’s MO & he’s unlikely to change so they aren’t really crazy about the possibility of going through multiple years of this.

Friedman ended it saying things could always change but that’s his read on it right now. He said the organization is hoping they can repair the relationship between Tortorella & Farabee so they’re not at the point where the organization wants to cut ties.

He did say Tortorella & Lecavalier repaired a poor relationship back in the day before they went on to win the Cup. But he did add the caveat that it was a long time ago & not a lot of today’s young players would be receptive to what was demanded like Lacavalier had to back then.
Charlie O has an article in the Athletic today with quotes from Farabee directly saying he wants to be in Philly and part of the solution. More quotes from Tortorella saying he likes Farabee and sees him as part of the solution, and that he thinks not training this offseason is a big part of his struggles.

Of course Torts goes on to talk shit about Farabee's agent, blaming him for this "nonstory"

At least publicly, Tortorella and Farabee are strongly saying there's no desire to move him from either side. I wish we had a GM with a bias for action and communication.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Charlie O has an article in the Athletic today with quotes from Farabee directly saying he wants to be in Philly and part of the solution. More quotes from Tortorella saying he likes Farabee and sees him as part of the solution, and that he thinks not training this offseason is a big part of his struggles.

Of course Torts goes on to talk shit about Farabee's agent, blaming him for this "nonstory"

At least publicly, Tortorella and Farabee are strongly saying there's no desire to move him from either side. I wish we had a GM with a bias for action and communication.

ASF touched on this in his podcast. He said Farabee did the right thing by saying the right things there but said there’s certainly a riff behind the scenes.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Tortorella is the face of the franchise

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Ff4c2a739-9184-4f72-b5ba-64f8ee71960e_400x300.gif

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Imagine your team being so bad and hopeless that you have to claim the coach is the face of the franchise. This Is the lens that Fletcher and company view the team through. The head coach is the face of the franchise, not a player

There will be unprecedented turnover in all facets of the organization if I was GM I swear to God

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

This is the most disheartening thing I have read about the Flyers. :laugh:

Every single thing the Flyers have done for years has been the wrong thing. This is like flipping heads 1000 times in a row. Can we get a tails just one time, please? :laugh:

chadateit

Jan 11, 2021
Imagine your team being so bad and hopeless that you have to claim the coach is the face of the franchise. This Is the lens that Fletcher and company view the team through. The head coach is the face of the franchise, not a player

There will be unprecedented turnover in all facets of the organization if I was GM I swear to God
That's actually a pretty interesting thought. I've been following the NHL for 40+ years. I don't remember a single instance of an NHL organization attempting to make the coach the face of any team in the league - ever. Even with various awful teams with zero talent. Can anyone think of an example of this before Torts and the flyers right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad