2022/23 Roster Thread XVIII: The bats have left the bell tower

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I hate this team. I used to watch Hockey religiously. When hockeystreams was a thing I used to watch game after game, but ultimately I loved the Flyers. They have been so pathetic for so long with no hope of improving because of incompetence at all levels that something I used to love is now an afterthought. I am apathetic to a sport I grew up with and loved, while I actively am angry and hate the team in its current form. They are so far from even being redeemable too. It's not a situation that will change anytime soon. I hate it. So frustrating.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I hate this team. I used to watch Hockey religiously. When hockeystreams was a thing I used to watch game after game, but ultimately I loved the Flyers. They have been so pathetic for so long with no hope of improving because of incompetence at all levels that something I used to love is now an afterthought. I am apathetic to a sport I grew up with and loved, while I actively am angry and hate the team in its current form. They are so far from even being redeemable too. It's not a situation that will change anytime soon. I hate it. So frustrating.
well said....

my interest level outside of the forum here is as low as its ever been..

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Since Doofus won’t be able to deal away many players, the 4th of February ought to be demotion and release day. It’s time to bring up Foerster, Desnoyers, Brink, Attard and even Zman. There’s more to gain by having those guys log NHL time than hoping that the Phantoms sneak in for a quick and out AHL playoff.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The reason teams that are struggling can find these kind of guys is they have PT to spare.
Tage Thompson was in a similar boat, up and down even with Buffalo, struggled until last season when he was 24 years old - and broke out in style.
Between 21 and 23, 104g 12-10 22 (ES)
24: 78g 26-24 50
25: 55g 19-25 44

I think watching Tippett progress with PT, that there is top 6 potential there as he gains experience, the game slows down for him, and he doesn't rush things as much. He's got an elite physical package, just has to turn physical talent into on ice production and cut back on the gaffes.
Tippett is basically hitting his best case scenario. That’s great of course, but there was value left behind at the time of the G deal. Florida played Chuck hard to with the 2023 1st. That obvious.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Since Doofus won’t be able to deal away many players, the 4th of February ought to be demotion and release day. It’s time to bring up Foerster, Desnoyers, Brink, Attard and even Zman. There’s more to gain by having those guys log NHL time than hoping that the Phantoms sneak in for a quick and out AHL playoff.

That'll endanger their playoff push. They think playing youth is a problem to be avoided.

Reactions: BiggE

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

Enjoy this post lots. I used to find guys the last few years that I’d hang on to even when the organization was trash. Fun Raffl, Voracek, and Giroux. Early career Ghost and Prov.

Now? I hate em all even TK who has always been a loveable Arvidsson clone for me. Aside from him it’s vanilla trash lead by the Crown Jewels in Farabee or Sanheim. Guys I liked but really, asparagus had more excitement at this point.

Even HF. Loved it here, and as the time went on I low key wanted to watch it burn because it was also the Flyers. It’s sick. Yet here we are. :laugh:

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
WSH will retool for sure, but not rebuild. They already said they'll try and stay competitive enough so OV can break the record

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Had to do it after hearing it on a podcast today and BOOM on the first spin.

Tank.png

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
You keep hearing teams want JvR. They will bid against each other eventually someone will throw a first. But Chuck needs to do the work to start that bidding war.
There’s just no way JVR will garner a late 1st.

Late 1sts are for O’Reilly & Orlov. A # 2 caliber center & a # 2 caliber defenseman.

JVR is not in that tier.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Let’s say for the sake of this argument that the answer to that question is no one…

Is the General Manager that has been here for 4+ years responsible for that?
Well, they certainly have players teams *would* trade a 1st for.

TK, Provorov, Sanheim, Farabee, Hart, Tippett, Cates, Laughton, York.

The question is if the Flyers *should* trade any of those players for a 1st.

I say no, unless we’re talking a very early 1st.

But the expiring contract/rental types?

They don’t have any this year who will garner a first. That’s just a timing thing & the norm for most clubs. Some years you do, but most years you aren’t going to have an expiring Giroux or O’Reilly or Orlov or Tarasenko or Kane.

I’d say that if you want a 1st, your best shot is Hayes.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
There’s just no way JVR will garner a late 1st.

Late 1sts are for O’Reilly & Orlov. A # 2 caliber center & a # 2 caliber defenseman.

JVR is not in that tier.
He won't get one because Fletcher won't do the work. So don't do a victory lap when he gets a second.

We'll get the quote that the second was the best he could get and the ball washers will lick away.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
There aren't any whom I would deal for just a 1st; however, I would trade Konecny or Provorov for a bigger package including a late 1st.
I see where you’re coming from, but the late 1st better not be the motivating factor for trading TK or Provorov. No more Brayden Schenn trades.

He won't get one because Fletcher won't do the work. So don't do a victory lap when he gets a second.

We'll get the quote that the second was the best he could get and the ball washers will lick away.
You are making up a false trade value for JVR so you can complain.

Do you think JVR is on the same level as O’Reilly, Tarasenko, & Orlov?

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I see where you’re coming from, but the late 1st better not be the motivating factor for trading TK or Provorov. No more Brayden Schenn trades.

You are making up a false trade value for JVR so you can complain.

Do you think JVR is on the same level as O’Reilly, Tarasenko, & Orlov?
Tarasenko yes ...they are easy to compare due to both being wings. BTW currently PPG Tarasenko is 107 and JvR is 156 among forwards... Not a huge difference. You are talking low top line right wing and high 2nd line left wing. Then add in Tarasenko shoulder injury history?

Centers fetch a little better returns based on history

AND why even bring in defensemen???

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Whom do the Flyers have that you’d trade for a late 1st (& whom teams would want for a 1st)?
Provorov and TK. Probably Laughton. Couldve probably also gotten a 1st for Risto last year (Chariot got a first). Couldve sold Samheim if they fidnt sign him. I still think they could get a late 1st for JVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad