2022/23 Roster Thread XVIII: The bats have left the bell tower

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Sent Cates a request to do a “Chuck Fletcher impression”

He declined my cameo request, and 20$.

61E0B810-BBC0-494A-9F82-7C68C7D9AB6E.png

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Charlie is painting a picture that the idea of guys like Clarke, Homer, etc. are apart of them problem isn’t foreign to Comcast. However Comcast doesn’t think they could sell a departure of those guys to fans/media so it’s not really on the table at this point. So they’re essentially hoping these guys figure it out. :laugh:
so like everyones been saying.

the only thing that saves this thing is death of the old boys members ..

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
RadioShack still has cool things and have been working to try and keep up with the times.

The Flyers are the strange tiny five foot wide storefront in the mall between RadioShack and Hallmark that sells shoelaces, TV Guides, and Werther's-tier candy.
Hey I used to print TV Guides they went the same way the Flyers are going, obsolete.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I cant believe most of hextall fans worry more about their hof prospects rather than winning a cup. I swear even if tampa wins the cup, you are still going to defend hextall's moves rather than looking at what other teams have done to built their cup contender, all because of ego and not about winning.

#Authenticbot v 0.83

(big time enjoying the ironic contrast between the past posts and current mindset)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The Dinos need Comcast more than Comcast needs them. Eventually Comcast or another owner will sweep the Dinos out of the organization and they’ll be JAGs walking around town. It would be best for their legacies to walk away from management than to be known as the clowns that ruined the franchise.

Too late

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Well. Honestly, looking at how this fanbase rejoices after trading away "weak captain" Giroux and how it celebrates "omg hitz Ristolainen / omg fights Deslauriers", I can sort of understand how a CEO can be intimidated by I guess Flyers history icon, err how these f***heads would react... f*** this
Can’t they just take a poll with STH?

-Are you more or less likely to renew with a large scale FO turnover?

-With a rebuild?

-Staying with the current course?

Either it is shown the change is good, or we wait for a generation to change things.

Kraken tried to pick the worst players on purpose to be bad. They are already better than the flyers.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

-With a rebuild?

Either it is shown the change is good, or we wait for a generation to change things.

Kraken tried to pick the worst players on purpose to be bad. They are already better than the flyers.

The trouble is that any STOs left are probably a group of people who think the team is one four or five Deslauriers and Ristos away from contending.

They're already too terrified of losing the one small group they have left to bother cleaning house and expanding the fanbase.

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017

-With a rebuild?

You’re way overestimating this fanbases understanding of hockey. I’d be willing to bet the majority of Flyers fans think they need MORE Clarke and Holmgren involvement.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
so like everyones been saying.

the only thing that saves this thing is death of the old boys members ..
Pretty sure I got my pee pee slapped for saying things like this a few years ago.

But it's the truth, only Clarke's death will result in significant change. Its the one out the older STH would accept.

Guy is only 73, probably have at least 10 years (or more) before that sweet release.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

-With a rebuild?

Speaking to the CBO last year, I said to him that the reason I was opting out was because the team focuses on the wrong things when building a team in the 21st century. He responded by asking what I meant by that and I said that “they focus on size and grit and don’t care about skill.” He then laughed and responded that “for every time he hears that he hears the exact opposite in that the team doesn’t have enough grit or size.” I then asked are those people old that say that? He laughs and said “you’re not wrong about that.”

Moral of the story is that they’re f***ed.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They cater to the 50+ crowd on this subject because they’re really the only ones that buy season tickets anymore. The 40- crowd is less likely to buy season tickets. So that’s why they’re afraid of doing something drastic like getting rid of the Bullies within the FO. They’re afraid of the potential blowback like when they got rid of the Kate Smith statue.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The trouble is that any STOs left are probably a group of people who think the team is one four or five Deslauriers and Ristos away from contending.

They're already too terrified of losing the one small group they have left to bother cleaning house and expanding the fanbase.

You’re way overestimating this fanbases understanding of hockey. I’d be willing to bet the majority of Flyers fans think they need MORE Clarke and Holmgren involvement.

Speaking to the CBO last year, I said to him that the reason I was opting out was because the team focuses on the wrong things when building a team in the 21st century. He responded by asking what I meant by that and I said that “they focus on size and grit and don’t care about skill.” He then laughed and responded that “for every time he hears that he hears the exact opposite in that the team doesn’t have enough grit or size.” I then asked are those people old that say that? He laughs and said “you’re not wrong about that.”

I think I clearly do overestimate the fan base. I’m not active on FB or anything, but it seemed like to me they are not terrible these days. Everyone seems to hate Fletcher at least. It’s obvious how much speed kills this team.

Maybe they should just do what is the clear right option to win and worry about making 5 yo fans instead of keeping the 70 yo fans.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Even if Deadhead and Ghosty had guns to their heads, they would admit Chuckles is garbage. There is no reason to keep him on, his superiors and advisors are just awful.

They’re cowards. They don’t even have the balls to go out & publicly back Fletcher & they won’t fire him either with the deadline approaching. You’re letting a lame duck GM handle your deadline. Charlie was saying yesterday do you even want Fletcher doing anything more than just selling off the expiring contracts? They don’t even have a plan regardless of the rationale of said plan. They’re just hoping for problems to solve themselves magically.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Is it possible that Hilferty and Camillo take the reins of this organization and do an overhaul over the next few months? They can’t be satisfied with the decline in attendance/revenue. The Flyers were and should be a cash cow in Philly. Fletcher & Co. are a ship of fools to have blown this.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Is it possible that Hilferty and Camillo take the reins of this organization and do an overhaul over the next few months? They can’t be satisfied with the decline in attendance/revenue. The Flyers were and should be a cash cow in Philly. Fletcher & Co. are a ship of fools to have blown this.

Probably not. Hilferty by all accounts isn’t even going to really be that involved with the Flyers. He’s strictly there for business on behalf of Comcast Spectacor. It sounds like he’s there to increase/maintain business relationships with local partners.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

Cater to the boomer's who will pass away soon, and alienate the next generation of fans so no one will replace them.

Genius marketing strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad