2022/23 Roster Thread XVIII: The bats have left the bell tower

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’m enjoying the excellent coaching job Dave Hakstol is doing in Seattle.

Another board scapegoat unfairly crucified.

Acknowledgment? No. Just move on to the next victim.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I’m enjoying the excellent coaching job Dave Hakstol is doing in Seattle.

Another board scapegoat unfairly crucified.

Acknowledgment? No. Just move on to the next victim.

Nothing Hakstol does there changes how bad he was here. He sure didn't shine in Toronto either.

You know, you don't have to constantly lie all the time either. It has been acknowledged.

Speaking of lies, how come you're defending Fletcher? You said you'd admit he needs to go if the team were in its current spot. It appears you lied about that. What gives? Are you a liar?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
saw-gerrera-rogue-one.gif

“Unfairly crucified,” f*** out of here with that shit.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
coyotes, sabres, oilers plan, yeah ok, im not going to wait 20 to 25 years for a cup building that way, if you want live in that world maybe you should root for those teams then. flyers arent tanking, get over it or root for someone else.
looks at the time since the last Flyers cup win...

OOOOFFFFFFF.......

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
The reason people enjoyed the old teams was because they won, the goon stuff added to the entertainment of them winning. Alot of the older fans that were casuals didn't know or realize that they were actually good at hockey and played great as a team together. They thought they won because they could beat up people. Sadly those teams never got or get the credit for being as good as they were and are remembered as goons who won because of beating up the other teams, this was used by the league and teams as an excuse for them winning. In the end all most fans want is for their team to win, if they just come for fighting and hits they aren't really fans of the team or the sport. The Flyers having them ring the bell when a fight happens during home games tells you who is pushing this old beat up the other team and win thing, I don't think it's the majority of the fan base, It's management.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
It's been 13 f***ing years since this team was last truly competitive, and they almost didn't make the playoffs that year! What's the definition of insanity again?

You deserve this f***ing team.
the insanity is you wanting this team to be complete trash like phoenix and expect to be a contender in two years, yeah that they will work very well because you cant be patient. it's people like you that's ruining this sport over a dumb trophy.

• Haha
Reactions: Petr Svoboda Mullet

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
It's been 13 f***ing years since this team was last truly competitive, and they almost didn't make the playoffs that year! What's the definition of insanity again?

You deserve this f***ing team.

Him and G.B both.

the insanity is you wanting this team to be complete trash like phoenix and expect to be a contender in two years, yeah that they will work very well because you cant be patient. it's people like you that's ruining this sport over a dumb trophy.

You clearly have a tough time reading.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Arizona is exactly two spots behind us in the standings. So much for trying to win.

By the way, no one is calling for us to be Arizona, and no one expects to win anything in 2 years. I'd just like to watch a smartly run competitive hockey team before I die, which is not currently the track the team is on, and I'm only in my 40's. Also, weren't you rambling on about not wanting the team to be bad for 20 or 25 years, meanwhile, we're already more than halfway there? Now you're gonna try to claim the high ground on patience?

This team is in quicksand. The more it vainly thrashes around to try to get out of it, the more it sinks and the harder it is to climb out. It needs a complete overhaul in management and in its guiding organizational philosophy or else we're going to end up suffocated.

At this rate, Arizona is our future. That's exactly what this brain trust is driving the team into. We'll have neither cap space, nor a good roster, nor a good farm system, nor any draft picks left, nor any interest left over from a decaying fanbase in what is arguably the most competitive sports market in the country with 4 other teams (that's right, there's a fourth now) all more competitive and better run and a better investment for your time and money. Once we bottom out--and we will eventually--we're going to have to initiate a rebuild because no other path will even be available to us. All that will have been accomplished is that we will have kicked that particular can down the road 5 years, needlessly wasting 5 years of all of our lives on an unwatchable product with no hope.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Arizona is exactly two spots behind us in the standings. So much for trying to win.

By the way, no one is calling for us to be Arizona, and no one expects to win anything in 2 years. I'd just like to watch a smartly run competitive hockey team before I die, which is not currently the track the team is on, and I'm only in my 40's. Also, weren't you rambling on about not wanting the team to be bad for 20 or 25 years, meanwhile, we're already more than halfway there? Now you're gonna try to claim the high ground on patience?

This team is in quicksand. The more it vainly thrashes around to try to get out of it, the more it sinks and the harder it is to climb out. It needs a complete overhaul in management and in its guiding organizational philosophy or else we're going to end up suffocated.

At this rate, Arizona is our future. That's exactly what this brain trust is driving the team into. We'll have neither cap space, nor a good roster, nor a good farm system, nor any draft picks left, nor any interest left over from a decaying fanbase in what is arguably the most competitive sports market in the country with 4 other teams (that's right, there's a fourth now) all more competitive and better run and a better investment for your time and money. Once we bottom out--and we will eventually--we're going to have to initiate a rebuild because no other path will even be available to us. All that will have been accomplished is that we will have kicked that particular can down the road 5 years, needlessly wasting 5 years of all of our lives on an unwatchable product with no hope.

Not long before the Wings move ahead of the Flyers as well.

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016
It’s amazing how much of a shit hole this franchise is in. JVR will most likely be moved and recoup the 2nd rounder we traded for that asshole TDA.

Other than JVR, who are they going to even consider. Konency is the only other player who probably has value. Provorov too but he’s more an off-season move I would figure with his publicity and bullshit this year.

Any chance Kevin Hayes gets traded if we retain 16% to bring his cap down to $6M? Almost surely we would get nothing in return.

They are up shits creek without even a f***ing boat right now. Franchise is probably at least 3/4 years from even being competitive for a playoff opportunity. It’s horrific the state of this team and their future.
Sell? Chuckles is going to be a buyer at the trade deadline. They’re only 8 points out 😂

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017

if that's the way the feel then why are wasting your time trashing the organization on here when they are not going to do what you want? are you that afraid to root for another team or just stop watching them?

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
if that's the way the feel then why are wasting your time trashing the organization on here when they are not going to do what you want? are you that afraid to root for another team or just stop watching them?
I have stopped watching. That's the problem, because this was the only team I truly f***ing cared about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad