2022/23 Roster Thread XVII: The Days are Getting Longer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Contrarians probably drooling over this nothing letter that management ghost wrote for Torts.
"Now, I'm not going to lie to you - and I want to be clear about this - we're not there yet. This year was the first step in building the future of the Flyers and restoring our reputation as one of the most respected teams in Hockey."

Gee, sure sounds like "rebuilding" to me. Notice NO mention of playoffs, no mention of "we're a competitive team again," no aggressive reload.

So who is running this team?
Like clockwork.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Oh look. The Flyers did something stupid & the contrarians are defending it.

**trigger warning: man in drag**

When the Flyers are choking on their own mediocrity:

help-is-on-the-way-dear-mrs-doubtfire.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Rebuilding teams do not trade 1 2 plus for Risto
Rebuilding teams don;t sign above player long term at 5m per making him untradeable,
Rebuilding teams do not trade 2 3 4 for one dimensional d-men
Rebuilding teams do not give 4th line goons with no scoring ability 4 year deals
Risto was done before Torts was hired.

Reactions: renberg

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I wish the team would post more letters like this . I really get a kick out of coming on there seeing people melt down . It actually cheers me up lol .

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Gudas is a guy I'd look at this off season. Braun is cooked tda should be moving on(2nd rounder?) and seeler is miscast as a regular. Veteran bottom d is a need. Schenn will be pricey and brings the same things. I'm sure there's other names out there but familiarity might be a selling point for a team that sucks like we do

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
"Now, I'm not going to lie to you - and I want to be clear about this - we're not there yet. This year was the first step in building the future of the Flyers and restoring our reputation as one of the most respected teams in Hockey."

Gee, sure sounds like "rebuilding" to me. Notice NO mention of playoffs, no mention of "we're a competitive team again," no aggressive reload.

So who is running this team?
it's weird because to me, from the get torts made it pretty clear it was a rebuild. even contradicting some things fletcher said. it's like the front office has some rule where they can't say rebuild. but torts don't give a shit. im not patting the coaching staff on the back but there pretty much the only reason the team is doing better this year, with respect to some players progressing just a bit.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
“First step” is such a vague phrase that can mean many things. A rebuild is an asset management thing. They haven’t shown that part at all, which means vague coach speak phrases are meaningless.

I pity the people who are too naive to see a PR money grab play for what it is.
well said. asset management comment you made holds alot of weight. i didn't even consider this at all and when i read it i felt like a dumbass. im sure torts believes everything he said but it doesn't matter at all.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The Torts letter keys you know who is in charge. Fletcher and the oldsters days are over. We’ve seen an alignment between Torts and Briere several times in the press. It could be that Camillo is in with them.
There was an interesting article in the Athletic today on the Beanpot tournament and modern hockey. It stressed the maneuvaribility of forwards and defensemen as in how each have to cover for each other depending on where the puck is.
I think that that is where Torts is going with this. Most of the current Flyers roster can’t handle this and need to go. Guys on D have to be rovers plus like Werenski was for Torts in Columbus and Attard can be here. Guys on O need to be able to get back and defend when necessary a la Cates and, more often now, Frost. It’s a transition in the game that is taking hold. Skills trump size. Unfortunately Fletcher and Flahr missed that memo.
I’m may be out to lunch here with my positivity but I think that Torts gets what’s going on with today’s game. He may not like some of the stuff like the Michigan play but he’s hip to the fact that the game is no longer the Dino play. Look for some interesting/shocking changes coming here from what we’ve seen in the past in the next six months. If not, the franchise is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad