2022/23 Roster Thread XVII: The Days are Getting Longer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Torts would never do a dumb line change
mmm mmm
Its only practice and we'll see if it happens. But even looking at line combos what part of let see how Brown plays with Bee and Frost makes any sense? Allison of course is the pick. Bellows, he is not going to make it but if you want to try Bellows I get it. 90% chance of failure but you can try. Brown is definition of dead weight that you are begging to get a 6th/7th at the deadline.
It's called "practice" for a reason.

Torts has been running out the same group for a while, but I'm sure he likes to look at things in practice, and I think sometimes HCs will try different combos in practice just to shake players out of their comfort zone.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Cuck realized the importance of signing core pieces like TdA and Nic D instead of wasting money on pretty boy trinkets like Johnny Hockey. Cuck is special that way.
If this team went full rebuild, trade risto at last year's deadline, no ada trade and no johnny signing and admit they are starting over, At least I can make a case.

Picking ada and Fisto and 44 was beyond the worst choice. You had to reach the 7th circle of hades and then SAY 4 YEARS FOR 44!!!!

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Not signing JG was the best thing Fletcher has done so far
I have to disagree. The rebuild could be shorter if you add a player like Gaudreau to build around. Just look at the Rangers when they brought in Panarin.
You still need to make smart moves which probably wouldn't happen under Fletcher, but at least there would be something to build around.

Reactions: Rebels57

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Fletcher signing JG does not help with the rebuild when the organization refuses to rebuild. All it does it put us in worse cap troubles where Fletcher would be forced to move players with assets for cap space. The Rangers were in a completely different position than we are when they signed Panarin.

Reactions: BernieParent

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I’d rather have Gaudreau than Risto + DeAngelo, I know that. Fletcher didn’t choose to not sign Gaudreau, as if he had the longest view in the room. He butchered the cap and assets to the point he couldn’t.

Fletcher is beyond desperate to keep his job; Gaudreau would’ve helped keep his job, both on-ice and with the crypt keeper advisors. He would’ve signed him in a nanosecond if he had the cap space. But he didn’t because being a GM is really doggone hard, dontchaknow.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Uhhhh what. It wouldn’t help the rebuild, it would have hurt it.

He’s nowhere near enough to fix the team on his own and having a player like him here only delays the rebuild from starting.

It was a horrible mistake to let him sign elsewhere if the GM trying to compete now - which Fletcher inarguably is, don’t let the “we’re rebuilding” liars fool you - which is what makes it so good for us. Fletcher f***ed himself over with his own stupidity by accidentally doing the right thing.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Fletcher signing JG does not help with the rebuild when the organization refuses to rebuild. All it does it put us in worse cap troubles where Fletcher would be forced to move players with assets for cap space. The Rangers were in a completely different position than we are when they signed Panarin.
If you have a gm that knows what to do with a cap you are correct.

But if you are asking would I rather have Johnny/rookie d/800k forward, and keep all the picks
OR
fisto ada 44 and losing a ton draft pick capital

Then its Johnny

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
FE202558-B942-473D-B1FC-1761DF0F7314.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events