2022/23 Roster Thread XVII: The Days are Getting Longer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Nonsense. If they really thought he was a starter, they'd have paid him (or someone else would have) better - you don't give players you think are starters two way deals. He had no leverage b/c his career said AHL+/7th starter.

Sometimes players surprise.
dont underestimate the savvy of chuck fletcher though.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Some believe Hayes actually deserved to be on the all-star team, I find that hilariously funny.
It was him or tk. Which do you want to showcase for a summer trade?
Boston is the obvious destination but oddly Columbus is supposedly looking to get better sooner rather than later and has far more interesting pieces. Playing with Johnny hockey or home might get around the limited ntc

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It was him or tk. Which do you want to showcase for a summer trade?
I don't think the teams picks their ASG representative. The NHL does. Yeah, TK is having a better season than Hayes, but it's not a massive gap.

It seems like the people who hated Hayes last season for being injured and not scoring much, are now just as mad that he isn't injured and is pacing for a career high of 73 points in 81 games. :laugh:

Reactions: tucson83

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I don't think the teams picks their ASG representative. The NHL does. Yeah, TK is having a better season than Hayes, but it's not a massive gap.

It seems like the people who hated Hayes last season for being injured and not scoring much, are now just as mad that he isn't injured and is pacing for a career high of 73 points in 81 games. :laugh:
I was counting the days of his nmc he's not my type of player.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Has there been any hints of roster movement coming out of the AS break? Since MacEwan is out for five weeks with a broken jaw, someone should have been called up to take his place unless they are going to roll with the inept Bellows and use 12 forwards.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They've got a lot of young forwards pushing for jobs next year, Brink, Foerster, Lycksell, Desnoyers, maybe Gauthier.
Kaplan is probably 2-3 years away.

Trade JVR at the TDL.
The smart play is give Hayes a lot of PT and scoring opportunities, then sell high this summer.
Put a healthy Atkinson back in the lineup next year then deal him with one year left in the summer of 2024.

One interesting decision will be JOB, he looked like a lock not to be signed, but is coming on strong,
Last 5g 2-5 7 +6. He's on a line with Tuch and Peterson, neither of which are having great seasons, so he's not being carried.
8 games left, then conference and NCAA playoffs (BC should go deep). So they have time to see if the improvement is for real.

Speed, stout body, if he's finally developing as a center, would give need middle six depth.
A 2024 2nd might not show up until 2028.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
is probably 2-3 years away

bart-say.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’ve gotta think the 2nd rd pick has more value to the Flyers than a JOB who turns 24 next November.

At the very least it carries more trade flexibility.

Let someone else sign him. He shouldn’t be a difficult player to replace.

Reactions: BernieParent

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Anyone heard anything about Tanner Laczynski or has there been any updates or a timeline for his return from injury?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He should be back shortly, headed to AHL b/c he's not in NHL shape so he'll need to rehab and get his legs back.
Laczynski at 100% is a NHL player, at 75% AHL plus at best.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
"My fondest hope here is that if I turn on the TV, Johnny Gaudreau and Kevin will be on the same line, which would be just like they were at @BC_MHockey

Actually I am down with this. If Columbus wants to make a deal to reunite these guys on a line, I'm all for it. Dial up Kekalainen and get it done. As long as there's no retention, the return is relatively inconsequential.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Forward lines at practice today:
JVR-Cates-Konecny
Hayes-Laughton-Tippett
Farabee-Frost-Brown
Deslauriers-Allison-Bellows

Brown line 3 LOL. This team tries so hard to sabotage their young players.

You're taking that seriously?
Since when was Allison a center?
More like Torts just looking at different combos.
For one thing, injuries happen in games, and suddenly you're shuffling lines, having players practice with different teammates prepares you for these changes - and with the TDL coming up in a few weeks - you might want Frost with Farabee as an option if JVR is traded.

"My fondest hope here is that if I turn on the TV, Johnny Gaudreau and Kevin will be on the same line, which would be just like they were at @BC_MHockey

Actually I am down with this. If Columbus wants to make a deal to reunite these guys on a line, I'm all for it. Dial up Kekalainen and get it done. As long as there's no retention, the return is relatively inconsequential.
I'm all for retention if it sweetens the return (Lehtera) - we shouldn't worry about cap room - we have no business being in the market for free agents.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
You're taking that seriously?
Since when was Allison a center?
More like Torts just looking at different combos.
Torts would never do a dumb line change
mmm mmm
Its only practice and we'll see if it happens. But even looking at line combos what part of let see how Brown plays with Bee and Frost makes any sense? Allison of course is the pick. Bellows, he is not going to make it but if you want to try Bellows I get it. 90% chance of failure but you can try. Brown is definition of dead weight that you are begging to get a 6th/7th at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad