2022/23 Roster Thread XVII: The Days are Getting Longer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
All the whining about the Nick Seeler signing, & now he’s probably the biggest league-minimum bargain in the entire NHL, & has another year on the contract, to-boot.

Going to get them at least a 3rd if they trade him.

Where are the condescending “I was told…” posts.
We were told that he was going to play in the AHL or as a 7th defensemen so... sweet dunk, bruh.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
We were told that he was going to play in the AHL or as a 7th defensemen so... sweet dunk, bruh.
OH THE HUMANITY.

Some message board posters said to other message board posters that they thought Seeler would play a 7th defenseman role.

And instead Seeler has gone above & beyond to play a very solid #6 role, become arguably the biggest league-minimum bargain in the NHL, & probably garner at least a 3rd round pick at the deadline!!

Can you believe the dastardly audacity of these message board posters!

To lie & deceive other innocent naive message board posters, who truly believed in the others’ knowledge of lineup decisions!

And then, gasp!, Seeler proves to be BETTER than anticipated!! A nightmare of willful deception.

Reactions: tucson83

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Man the revisionist history today is AH-MAHZ-ING
Let me see if I got it all right:

1. Kevin Hayes is an all star center who multiple GMs would love to immediately acquire

2. Seeler is the missing link to many a contender’s D group and will land at least a 3rd

3. The Flyers are soooo deep at center that they can afford to move Hayes to wing

4. Torts is a Jack Adams candidate

and, most important of all

5. We must all bask in the glory that is Cuck Fletcher

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
OH THE HUMANITY.

Some message board posters said to other message board posters that they thought Seeler would play a 7th defenseman role.

And instead Seeler has gone above & beyond to play a very solid #6 role, become arguably the biggest league-minimum bargain in the NHL, & probably garner at least a 3rd round pick at the deadline!!

Can you believe the dastardly audacity of these message board posters!

To lie & deceive other innocent naive message board posters, who truly believed in the others’ knowledge of lineup decisions!

And then, gasp!, Seeler proves to be BETTER than anticipated!! A nightmare of willful deception.
Bruh, relax. You're the one that pointed out condescending "I was told..." posts.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hayes is scoring around his norm, and has a low secondary assist and Sh%. So it's very sustainable, at a top 2nd line level.
And his defense is much better at LW, where he doesn't have to skate as much nor has the same defensive responsibilities as at center.

Last 25 games (since he was put on the LW with Laughton and Allison (MacEwen for a half dozen games):
CF 50.81%, CFrel +3.22, xGF 54.85%, xGFrel +7.72.
Teams will look at him as a LW who can fill in at center for a few games in case of injury.

Why I like what I've seen from Ginning in a few AHL games more than Zamula:

Ginning doesn't skate as well or pass as well as Zamula, but he's far more physical and knows his limitations.
Plays a safe game, makes the first pass out of the D-zone and doesn't get caught up ice.

Zamula's problem is mental, he's been turning over the puck too much, and for a guy who isn't a dynamic offensive player, being careful with the puck is a must, he has to be efficient to have value. He's not going end to end, and he's always going to struggle with the physical part of the game in the D-zone and along the boards. So he has to be smart and crisp with the puck.

Zamula has more upside, but when you're 22, potential starts to become a dirty word. He's only 2 months younger than Ginning.

Ginning +18 in 40 games, Zamula -4 in 22 games, on the same team.
At some point it stops being a statistical fluke and starts indicating something about how they play the game.

ES
Ginning 40g 2-11 13
Zamula 22g 0-4 4

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
@Appleyard.
How would you compare Andrae's game with York.

Both are a bit undersized but stout, neither has Sanheim/TDA speed, but both seem to be functional skaters with good edge work and good offensive instincts.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
That was July, before they even hit TC, before Torts evaluated the team, and before I evaluated Tort's history.
I was working off what we saw last spring, when the games "didn't count."
Nice try.

York looked like dog crap in TC, and Attard showed that his spring showing was a no pressure fluke, he has NHL offensive skills but ECHL defensive fundamentals - he'll be back and eventually will get a shot at the top 4, when he can be trusted on defense.

Zamula has been a disappointment, period. Hogberg I think was dinged earlier, but has been a AHL+ type the last couple seasons.

The surprise is Ginning, after years of him being trashed, he's turned out to be a solid 3rd pair prospect, playing a safe, defense first game, more like L Schenn and Gudas. Guess playing 250 SHL games does help development.
So you hadn't looked into his history yet, but the day he was signed you had already been posting his history, so this doesn't make much sense

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Not intended for me, but in my viewings of Andrae, he is less finesse & more force than Cam York.

York is an agile touch passer who uses his feet, stick, & positioning defensively. Not much physicality to his game.

Andrae has more hardness & directness to his game. Uses his body defensively, leverages guys with his low center of gravity, embraces contact, hard shot, not going to make spin moves with the puck like York.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So you hadn't looked into his history yet, but the day he was signed you had already been posting his history, so this doesn't make much sense
I didn't look into how he handled the roster, the rate he played young players.

My initial look was to see if the accusations that he was a "defense first" HC that stifled offense rang true, which they didn't.
He runs a high tempo, aggressive forecheck where D-men are encouraged to attack the O-zone, but also puts a lot of emphasis on back checking and shot blocking. Not exactly the same approach as Hakstol and AV.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Hayes is scoring around his norm, and has a low secondary assist and Sh%. So it's very sustainable, at a top 2nd line level.

Deady, no. Please don't do this. This is the highest Points/60 of his career by a solid margin. And a mile over his previous Flyers seasons.

What you're seeing is a combination of an above average 5v5 scoring season plus an above average PP scoring season occurring simultaneously. That Voltrons into this at All Situations:

image.png

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
According to Kevin Allen, there is a team that is very interested in Hayes. This leaves me with some questions.

1. Does Cuck have a brother who is also running an NHL team?

2. Is Cuck going to be the first GM in NHL history to make a trade with himself?

3. If a GM really wants Hayes, could he possibly be talked into taking Fisto as well?

4. Is Kevin Allen on drugs?
5. What sport does this team play?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I actually just read that Ginning is comparable to Gudas. I don't believe I did, but I think I did.

His skill set suggests he'll age gracefully, unlike Voracek

WHAT?! Your imagination suggests this is more like it. We already got a glimpse at a 1/4 step lost Hayes last season, with his core issues, and he was a trainwreck in everything but one dimensional cherry picking. Are you confusing Hayes for Giroux?

Hayes is a middle 6 player whose entire game is contingent on not exactly intelligent risk/reward gambles, predicated on using his physical tools to improvise. When age decline hits, that's not a parachute of a skill-set. He's not particularly good on the PP; he's already been totally removed off the PK and center duties. He's not a multi-dimensional player, with tricks up his sleeve; he's almost infuriatingly inflexible. But we're supposed to believe he'll age gracefully because.....?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I actually just read that Ginning is comparable to Gudas. I don't believe I did, but I think I did.

WHAT?! Your imagination suggests this is more like it. We already got a glimpse at a 1/4 step lost Hayes last season, with his core issues, and he was a trainwreck in everything but one dimensional cherry picking. Are you confusing Hayes for Giroux?

Hayes is a middle 6 player whose entire game is contingent on not exactly intelligent risk/reward gambles, predicated on using his physical tools to improvise. When age decline hits, that's not a parachute of a skill-set. He's not particularly good on the PP; he's already been totally removed off the PK and center duties. He's not a multi-dimensional player, with tricks up his sleeve; he's almost infuriatingly inflexible. But we're supposed to believe he'll age gracefully because.....?
Hayes is literally aging ungracefully before us lol

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
@Appleyard.
How would you compare Andrae's game with York.

Both are a bit undersized but stout, neither has Sanheim/TDA speed, but both seem to be functional skaters with good edge work and good offensive instincts.

Andrae is more physical and aggresive at the blue line. York has a better gap and overall better defensively as a result.
York is a far better skater. York is for me in top ~25% of NHL Dmen skating wise in terms of full skating skill-set. Andrae will be probably in ~40th centile or so even with improvements.
Skills wise? Probably a similar level of raw talent.
York has a better IQ.

York can be a very good #2 Dman I think. Like a top ~40-50 Dman in the NHL.
Andrae? I think his ceiling is a #3 who can QB a PP. Will always have flaws but can be a good NHLer.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Core Piece Nick Seeler? Who fills an archetype role these morons think is vital and irreplaceable?

Seeler was drafted by Flahrcher. He’s spent 9 years in Flahrcher’s organizations, never skipping a contract. No chance he can part with one of his try hard babies. He’s even on a 2 year deal. They’re a bubble team now, remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad