2022/23 Roster Thread XVII: The Days are Getting Longer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Oh no, it'll be Fletcher's fault as soon as Briere is hired and it will be played off as if they were critical of Fletcher the entire time.
Oh, it's Fletcher fault the same way it's Hextall's fault and before him Holmgren.
Same old same old since 2012.

Hopefully we'll finally do things right, in 2018 should have moved Voracek, Ghost and JVR while they still had value.

For people complaining about Deslauriers, Brown and MacEwen:

2018: Weal, Weise, Knight, Varone, Vorobyev, Lehtera played 182 games. You can puke now.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Oh, it's Fletcher fault the same way it's Hextall's fault and before him Holmgren.
Same old same old since 2012.

Hopefully we'll finally do things right, in 2018 should have moved Voracek, Ghost and JVR while they still had value.

For people complaining about Deslauriers, Brown and MacEwen:

2018: Weal, Weise, Knight, Varone, Vorobyev, Lehtera played 182 games. You can puke now.

Nothing Hextall or Holmgren did as a GM caused Fletcher to do such a terrible job now; a worse job than both of them, especially since the best players now are leftovers from their tenures.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What regressions? What this had shown me is the board grossly overvalued Hextall's draft picks. Has Twarynski made the Kraken lineup?

What in the Sam Hill revisionist history is this? YOU were the one who raved about Twarynski’s junior production and his AHL tenure and his preseason, as WE told you he sucked. And yet you raved. You had every marginal prospect pencilled into your future lineups. 2 years from now you’ll be telling us how we all overvalued Ginning and Ratcliffe.

Last edited:

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
What in the Sam Hill revisionist history is this? YOU were the one who raved about Twarynski’s junior production and his AHL tenure and his preseason, as WE told you he sucked. And yet you raved. You had every marginal prospect pencilled into yiur future lineups. 2 years from now you’ll be telling us how we all overvalued Ginning and Ratcliffe.
I’m shocked any of you are still engaging with Cuck’s stepson. The ignore feature is a wonderful thing.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
What in the Sam Hill revisionist history is this? YOU were the one who raved about Twarynski’s junior production and his AHL tenure and his preseason, as WE told you he sucked. And yet you raved. You had every marginal prospect pencilled into yiur future lineups. 2 years from now you’ll be telling us how we all overvalued Ginning and Ratcliffe.
It’s truly amazing.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What in the Sam Hill revisionist history is this? YOU were the one who raved about Twarynski’s junior production and his AHL tenure and his preseason, as WE told you he sucked. And yet you raved. You had every marginal prospect pencilled into your future lineups. 2 years from now you’ll be telling us how we all overvalued Ginning and Ratcliffe.
Raved? Twarynski looked like he'd be a good fit for the 4th line.
Bunnaman actually progressed, his problem is his hands are as bad as MacEwen but he's slower.
Vorobyev was allergic to contact.

I thought they'd get a solid 4th line out of these guys.
The same way some of you have overrated Laczynski, who has had maybe two stretches of good weeks over the past two years.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Raved? Twarynski looked like he'd be a good fit for the 4th line.
Bunnaman actually progressed, his problem is his hands are as bad as MacEwen but he's slower.
Vorobyev was allergic to contact.

I thought they'd get a solid 4th line out of these guys.
The same way some of you have overrated Laczynski, who has had maybe two stretches of good weeks over the past two years.

Sure sounds like a bad development process to have so many guys fall short of expectation.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bad development only if they go elsewhere and suddenly rebound after a year of good coaching.
We've seen this from numerous players, though sometimes it's just maturity, a kid decides to listen.
I'd be interested in Vorobyev, for example, after three seasons in the KHL where they stress defense, maybe he finally realized he's not the next Kaprizov.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Bad development only if they go elsewhere and suddenly rebound after a year of good coaching.
We've seen this from numerous players, though sometimes it's just maturity, a kid decides to listen.
I'd be interested in Vorobyev, for example, after three seasons in the KHL where they stress defense, maybe he finally realized he's not the next Kaprizov.

Uh no. It can take more than a year for a player to catch up on the years of erosion inflicted by the Flyers. While peers around the league are learning how to play NHL hockey, Flyers prospects are focused on bulking up and getting pucks deep.

Reactions: BiggE

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
It's funny that you're trying to act like these two GMs are equivalent at bringing in bad players. Fletcher has far outstripped Hextall.

Nothing leads you out of mediocrity to superiority like living the way of "WELL HE DID SOME BAD TOO (and I am not absolving that guy from any blame btw)"

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Or that we got a premium asset in addition with taking lehtera. But don’t let that get in the way of a good argument. Wait—not a good one.

Thompson was brought in at a loss.

VDV was brought in for free at least, too.

These things aren't 1:1 comparisons and I don't know why our time is being wasted by pretending they are. Oh, right, yes I do; everything Fletcher has ever done must be defended. That's why.

Nothing leads you out of mediocrity to superiority like living the way of "WELL HE DID SOME BAD TOO (and I am not absolving that guy from any blame btw)"

Same reasoning as the "Zito made a bad move, so the dozen awful moves by Fletcher are fine" defense.

Reactions: BiggE and kudymen

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

austin-powers.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Thompson or Lehtera, pick your poison.
Cool, the problem has been there for a decade like I pointed out earlier with roster building.

I don’t know why you feel the need to play the game that you’re some savant with these ideas when the entire board has wanted to burn every single person involved in this organization at the stake for years while you defend them at every turn.

I’m not even going to bother getting into the intricacies of your comparison to point out how far off they are.

NateThompson44

<3 APPLEYARD <3
Feb 16, 2019
London
Where’s Nate Thompson? Is he in the league?
it’s been a tough year, but my conditioning has never been better.

I now skate as fast as the 300 pound defenseman in my beer league who eats nothing but McDonalds. Improvement!

I think I would provide a real culture uplift to the team. Still waiting on Chuck to call me back….

His loss if he doesn’t, as im prepping for a comeback next year

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I’m shocked any of you are still engaging with Cuck’s stepson. The ignore feature is a wonderful thing.
Its the fun of watching Battlefield Earth on Rifftrax. You know this is the worst piece of slop u have ever seen in your life. You know you are risking iq points listening. But its such a train wreck you can't turn away. When Travolta allows Barry Pepper to be smart you know its the dumbest plot devise in all of cinema. But its dumb in a way that is soooooo hilarious even if it is not on purpose. That is the people who say of course rebuilding teams trade 2 3 4 for one dimentional d-men. That is the joy of seeing its ok to give stiff goons 4 year deals on rebuilding teams.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad