2022/23 Roster Thread XIII: Where the 13th Floor Has Been Located

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
giphy.webp

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The new snow the goalie episode is strongly worth a listen for ASF's info regarding Fletcher.

Basically, he's out before the deadline - and those convos are happening right now.
You want me to voluntarily audio-waterboard myself?

Noooooo thanks. You already shared the entire podcasts-worth of info in that one sentence.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Post number 544 you have line up posted stating Bellows on second line . You post so much you can't remember . And Allison can put the biscuit in the basket so why do you bury that on the 4th line and say he is suited for a 4th line role .
Absolutely adore this post but hey, people here make up shit all the time, amirite?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
It's like a weird ex girlfriend thing with Hextall. No one is talking about him except you. Whoever you is

There is at least, some slight glimmer of hope that Briere is less of ass kisser than he’s shown so far and that once he’s actually in a position of power, he’ll pull a 180 but I’m not the least bit convinced that he won’t just be a puppet for the Advisors.
And if he does, he'll he fired. No outcome is good no matter who is GM with Clark around.

The copium huffing around here is nuts

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
It's like a weird ex girlfriend thing with Hextall. No one is talking about him except you. Whoever you is

And if he does, he'll he fired. No outcome is good no matter who is GM with Clark around.

The copium huffing around here is nuts

Lol. Alright. You really read what I had to say and interpreted it to be copium?

Or are we actually trying to argue that the GM position carries no weight behind it whatsoever? If that’s the case, then you’re basically saying Dead is right in saying Cuck has had no power the past 4 years and it’s all Clarke’s and Homer’s fault.

Hextall had leeway in making some smart moves. I expect it to be the same when and if Briere gets into that position. Whether he actually exercises his power and does something good for once though, is a different matter. Which again, in theory is possible.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
No offense to Briere but I want zero parts of him being GM. It’s not necessarily his fault but the advisors are the ones that want him there which to me is reason enough to not want him in that spot.
Unless Clark dies the only- and I mean ONLY- result of a Briere GM tenure is ruining his legacy as a Flyer. Just another punch to my gut

Lol. Alright. You really read what I had to say and interpreted it to be copium?

Or are we actually trying to argue that the GM position carries no weight behind it whatsoever? If that’s the case, then you’re basically saying Dead is right in saying Cuck has had no power the past 4 years and it’s all Clarke’s and Homer’s fault.

Hextall had leeway in making some smart moves. I expect it to be the same when and if Briere gets into that position. Whether he actually exercises his power and does something good for once though, is a different matter. Which again, in theory is possible.
It's copium

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
No offense to Briere but I want zero parts of him being GM. It’s not necessarily his fault but the advisors are the ones that want him there which to me is reason enough to not want him in that spot.

Agreed. But again, humans are by nature deceiving and been ass kissers before to land into positions of power before changing up their game. I don’t see why it’s being completely ruled out from the get go when you really aren’t in Briere’s head.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

I'm willing to give him a chance. I'm hoping ownership has seen hard numbers from various sources about fan engagement being down - and they'll support a Briere regime that is focused on un-doing Fletcher's tenure.

I don't know who is a wrestling fan here, but I am hoping it's similar to HHH now running WWE creative with Vince McMahon forced out...it's a whole new era, even though he was stuck under Vince's bad era for a while.

Also, I just want Briere to succeed because I think he's a nice guy. Could suck as a GM though - I dunno.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Thanks. It should be pretty clear at this point that I don't really want to argue because you've already put words into my mouth, and we won't really be talking about the same things.

Just as much as you are clearly one hundred percent aware of my mental state bud. Cheers.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Agreed. But again, humans are by nature deceiving and been ass kissers before to land into positions of power before changing up their game. I don’t see why it’s being completely ruled out from the get go when you really aren’t in Briere’s head.

It might not be fair to him but to me that’s where we’re at with this organization. It needs a complete purge in the front office. I want someone who will come in & do their own thing without the current Flyers country club within the front office.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
It might not be fair to him but to me that’s where we’re at with this organization. It needs a complete purge in the front office. I want someone who will come in & do their own thing without the current Flyers country club within the front office.

I mean FWIW, I think if we use Hextall under Homer's tenure, there's room for Briere to have a totally different approach to the org than Fletch but we just haven't seen it. Who knows.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
There is at least, some slight glimmer of hope that Briere is less of ass kisser than he’s shown so far and that once he’s actually in a position of power, he’ll pull a 180 but I’m not the least bit convinced that he won’t just be a puppet for the Advisors.
I'm still not convinced that there are advisors in the background pulling the strings. Why would it be in comcast's interest to hire a GM who's just a puppet and then act in public like he has all the power? Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad