2022/23 Roster Thread XIII: Where the 13th Floor Has Been Located

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I’m just catching up on Fletcher’s comments and I can’t stop laughing. How the hell is this guy still employed? We live in banana land.

How can you be so far up your own ass?!

Also, have we supported the Flyers waiving Bellows yet? Because yesterday a certain someone was pumping him up because Torts was and that was after just a week before saying they were done with him.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Who would Anisimov take time from? Only possibility is Lacyznski at 4C, and if you're gonna keep him at center he's better off in the top 6 in LHV, given he's only played 48 games the last two years, is bouncing back from two hip surgeries, and needs to rediscover his offensive game.

Lycksell should come up, but only if they can give him top 9 minutes.
Farabee is a year younger, so he ain't playing over him.
JVR when he comes back needs to be showcased for the TDL.
Laughton the same, if not the TDL, maybe the summer.
So it'll be a tough fit until the TDL, they tried him at RW (just as crowded) and he looked uncomfortable.
Play him Deslaurier's 8 minutes a night? He'd be better off on the 1st line in LHV.

The team could easily be using this roster in a week or two:

Laughton-Hayes-Konecny
JVR-Frost-Tippett
Farabee-Cates-Atkinson
Lycksell-Sedlak-Laczynski
Everyone there is a long-term contract, a young player, or a sell piece. But we know MacEwen and Deslauriers aren't leaving (thank god!), certainly not both any given night, so what is the point of adding Anisimov. It doesn't make sense. It does nothing short-term; it absolutely does nothing long-term. I didn't even mention Allison. This team has no planning, period.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Nah, this team doesn't have a loser vibe. I've seen lots of teams go belly up and spend the second half of the season going through the motions, the veterans collecting a paycheck and checking tee times, the young players running around like chickens with their heads cut off b/c the coaching staff is spending more time polishing their resumes than coaching. Like last season.

This is just a team lacking in talent, but the fact they're playing even over the last 13 games at 5x5 shows they've got structure in place and the players are buying in - and Torts willingness to bench anyone at any time keeps the veterans on their toes - because even if they want to leave, if they can't pad their stats and half ass it, they have to play hard to get the PT to have a chance to keep their value up.

It was obvious last season that the team knew Yeo was "dead coach walking" and treated him as such.
Torts ain't going nowhere, but some players are.
It's just past the first quarter of the season.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The team could easily be using this roster in a week or two:

Laughton-Hayes-Konecny
JVR-Frost-Tippett
Farabee-Cates-Atkinson
Lycksell-Sedlak-Laczynski
Everyone there is a long-term contract, a young player, or a sell piece. But we know MacEwen and Deslauriers aren't leaving (thank god!), certainly not both any given night, so what is the point of adding Anisimov. It doesn't make sense. It does nothing short-term; it absolutely does nothing long-term. I didn't even mention Allison. This team has no planning, period.
Laczynski is 25, MacEwen is 26, MacEwen has clearly outplayed Laczynski. He's not as skilled but a much better forechecker and faster.
People just don't like MacEwen 'cause he ain't pretty, but he is effective in a limited role.
Right now, Laczynski needs more ice time than he's getting, and the best place for it would be LHV.

I wouldn't put JVR with Frost, Farabee or Lycksell, Lycksell would be a waste of time on the 4th line, he's an offensive skill player, he needs to play up in the lineup. Allison should be on the 4th line when he returns, let him work his way into shape, and his style of play fits a 4th line role. Frost needs wings who can skate with him and/or get the puck for him, JVR does neither.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Who would Anisimov take time from? Only possibility is Lacyznski at 4C, and if you're gonna keep him at center he's better off in the top 6 in LHV, given he's only played 48 games the last two years, is bouncing back from two hip surgeries, and needs to rediscover his offensive game.

So it'll be a tough fit until the TDL, they tried him at RW (just as crowded) and he looked uncomfortable.
Play him Deslaurier's 8 minutes a night? He'd be better off on the 1st line in LHV.

Oh how quickly we've gone from "Anisimov would never play they are rebuilding" to "It's fine that he plays."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Nah, this team doesn't have a loser vibe. I've seen lots of teams go belly up and spend the second half of the season going through the motions, the veterans collecting a paycheck and checking tee times, the young players running around like chickens with their heads cut off b/c the coaching staff is spending more time polishing their resumes than coaching. Like last season.

This is just a team lacking in talent, but the fact they're playing even over the last 13 games at 5x5 shows they've got structure in place and the players are buying in - and Torts willingness to bench anyone at any time keeps the veterans on their toes - because even if they want to leave, if they can't pad their stats and half ass it, they have to play hard to get the PT to have a chance to keep their value up.

It was obvious last season that the team knew Yeo was "dead coach walking" and treated him as such.
Torts ain't going nowhere, but some players are.

Did you miss the losing streak or what

Also, Fletcher is the biggest loser I've ever seen.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Laczynski is 25, MacEwen is 26, MacEwen has clearly outplayed Laczynski. He's not as skilled but a much better forechecker and faster.
People just don't like MacEwen 'cause he ain't pretty, but he is effective in a limited role.
Right now, Laczynski needs more ice time than he's getting, and the best place for it would be LHV.
MacEwen isn't effective, nor is he being used in a limited role. He's been gifted top 6 minutes that no other team in the league would dream of giving him.

Last edited:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Torts wasn't "Leaning" on Bellows, he benched him, gave him another shot, Bellows played better, good metrics but no production, then makes a dumb penalty (probably was warned about that), Torts decides he's seen enough, he has other prospects he'd rather give the PT to.

Anisimov makes sense b/c this team lacks centers - the same people bitching about him were bitching about Cates playing center and Hayes as a 2C - gee, get your stories straight! How are you going to develop young forwards if they don't have centers? And no, rushing Desnoyers is not the answer. People were projecting him to LW, so last thing he needs to be is rushed at center.

There are no easy answers for this team this year, other than Couts going to Lourdes.

Fletcher is either placating Scott (who probably knows he's getting pushed into retirement) or delusional, or both. Who knows?

Interesting that Torts goes out of his way to praise Briere, maybe he knows something . . . like who is going to get rid of the players he doesn't want.
Wait , What , only 3 days ago you had Bellows as 2nd line LW when everyone gets back healthy . This is why we can't take anything you say about player evaluation seriously .

Make a claim with some reasoning behind it and stick by it . Sometimes you will be right and sometimes you will be wrong but at least we can respect an opinion . This constant flipping and flopping to meet the new narrative of the day just gets tiring .

I sometimes do agree with what you say it's not all bs but talking out of both side gets my head spinning and I can't stand any more spinning than what,s already going on .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
MacEwen isn't effective, nor is he being used in a limited role. He's been gifted top 6 minutes that no other team in the league would dream of giving him.
He wasn't "gifted" top six minutes, they ran out of bodies with both top six RWs out, Allison out, so they were down to Tippett, MacEwen and switching Farabee from his natural side.
And MacEwen has been effective, last 13 games, CF 54.42%, xGF 53.70%, 1-3 4 at 5x5.
Now is he top 6? Of course not. He's a 4RW, maybe 3RW on an "energy" line with a more skilled center.

Sure Allison is better, on the rare occasion he's in the lineup.
Laczynski, not right now, I think he needs to take it up another notch.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wait , What , only 3 days ago you had Bellows as 2nd line LW when everyone gets back healthy . This is why we can't take anything you say about player evaluation seriously .

Make a claim with some reasoning behind it and stick by it . Sometimes you will be right and sometimes you will be wrong but at least we can respect an opinion . This constant flipping and flopping to meet the new narrative of the day just gets tiring .

I sometimes do agree with what you say it's not all bs but talking out of both side gets my head spinning and I can't stand any more spinning than what,s already going on .
No I didn't, people here make up shit on a regular basis.

Bellows was getting a chance for more PT b/c he earned it (and b/c there were few viable alternatives), he improved but simply wasn't able to finish - when your calling card is offense, you'd better offend.

I had no problem giving Bellows minutes with Frost and Tippett, all three are auditioning for next season.
We'll see what happens, if he goes to LHV, it may be to swap spots with Lycksell.

The center problem is real, we have unproven Frost, converted Cates, career 4C Sedlak, less than 100% Laczynski (not skating like two years ago), Hayes (defense???), Laughton (I prefer LW). Next year, maybe Couts, maybe Gauthier, maybe Desnoyers.

• Haha
Reactions: Cody Webster

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I wouldn't put JVR with Frost, Farabee or Lycksell, Lycksell would be a waste of time on the 4th line, he's an offensive skill player, he needs to play up in the lineup. Allison should be on the 4th line when he returns, let him work his way into shape, and his style of play fits a 4th line role. Frost needs wings who can skate with him and/or get the puck for him, JVR does neither.

And MacEwen, until age 26, was the 2nd worst offensive player in the league in his 2 full-time call-ups. The fact he scored some fluky points for the league worst offense in a top 7 role, along with PP2 time, means nothing. He's already regressing to a 25 point pace, and for top 7/PP usage that's horrible. And should continue to plummet because he's a fringe player. As @VladDrag has said numerous times, Laczynski already grades as the best defensive forward on the team, does that mean nothing to you?

This "don't play young players on the 4th line" argument is such crap, sorry. And I'm not even getting into the grit/grind logic. Lycksell has shown he's too good for the AHL, and he's 23 years old. Giving him 11-12 minutes a night in the NHL, so then he can adjust and take a bigger role possibly after trades sounds pretty sensible to me. They're the league worst offense with a maimed roster; god forbid he play more than a 4th line role some nights, if he looks good.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lycksell has played 12 games in the AHL, should I lecture you about small samples?
If he comes up, I'd like to see him replace Bellows on the Frost line, not play on the 4th line.
But when JVR returns, things get crowded.

You do realize Torts doesn't give a shit what a player did in the CHL, or on Florida or in Philly last year.
He has the luxury of playing everyone, deciding what he likes from what he sees NOW, who should get shipped out, who goes back to LHV for more seasoning.
He doesn't care about your opinion of MacEwen, as long as MacEwen does what he's asked to do, he'll stick around - like the rest of the team.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Lycksell has played 12 games in the AHL, should I lecture you about small samples?
If he comes up, I'd like to see him replace Bellows on the Frost line, not play on the 4th line.
But when JVR returns, things get crowded.

You do realize Torts doesn't give a shit what a player did in the CHL, or on Florida or in Philly last year.
He has the luxury of playing everyone, deciding what he likes from what he sees NOW, who should get shipped out, who goes back to LHV for more seasoning.
He doesn't care about your opinion of MacEwen, as long as MacEwen does what he's asked to do, he'll stick around - like the rest of the team.
Well he’s not the GM so he doesn’t get to do either of those.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011

With the way this team is, and will be, despite what injuries they are suffering, there is no excuse not to call up any young guy able to be called up. Not just for a game. For a long look. 15-20 games in the show is not going to hurt development of anyone. (Development, who the f am i kidding.) You throw a lot of numbers and stats out along with your opinion, like above with who you think they should move or think they may move, and i appreciate it. Although the flyers having anything to do with Anisimov on the main roster is a waste of time/resources, and brain cells fletcher cannot afford to waste. Let the vets who are here (laughton, hayes, provo, farabee, sanhiem, etc.) play. Moveble parts that are easily replaced like macewen, jackson cates, sedlak, willman, brown, etc are doing nothing but wasting ice time that could be used to see younger guys. i dont care how many games some of the prospects have played in the nhl, but i know how many the above-mentioned players have, hundreds, and they are for the most part shit. I'd rather take my chances looking at every prospect possible at this level. to see what we have, as opposed to the pile of shit we know we have. This of course is just my humble opinion.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
And MacEwen, until age 26, was the 2nd worst offensive player in the league in his 2 full-time call-ups. The fact he scored some fluky points for the league worst offense in a top 7 role, along with PP2 time, means nothing. He's already regressing to a 25 point pace, and for top 7/PP usage that's horrible. And should continue to plummet because he's a fringe player. As @VladDrag has said numerous times, Laczynski already grades as the best defensive forward on the team, does that mean nothing to you?

This "don't play young players on the 4th line" argument is such crap, sorry. And I'm not even getting into the grit/grind logic. Lycksell has shown he's too good for the AHL, and he's 23 years old. Giving him 11-12 minutes a night in the NHL, so then he can adjust and take a bigger role possibly after trades sounds pretty sensible to me. They're the league worst offense with a maimed roster; god forbid he play more than a 4th line role some nights, if he looks good.
Just looking at the numbers now xGAR numbers now. He's defending his way into the most valuable forward on the team.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Just looking at the numbers now xGAR numbers now. He's defending his way into the most valuable forward on the team.

The irony in a front office that ONLY cares about defense and a coach who ONLY cares about defense......and they don't grasp or properly value what they have defensively. It's appropriate, really.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
No I didn't, people here make up shit on a regular basis.

Bellows was getting a chance for more PT b/c he earned it (and b/c there were few viable alternatives), he improved but simply wasn't able to finish - when your calling card is offense, you'd better offend.

I had no problem giving Bellows minutes with Frost and Tippett, all three are auditioning for next season.
We'll see what happens, if he goes to LHV, it may be to swap spots with Lycksell.

The center problem is real, we have unproven Frost, converted Cates, career 4C Sedlak, less than 100% Laczynski (not skating like two years ago), Hayes (defense???), Laughton (I prefer LW). Next year, maybe Couts, maybe Gauthier, maybe Desnoyers.
Post number 544 you have line up posted stating Bellows on second line . You post so much you can't remember . And Allison can put the biscuit in the basket so why do you bury that on the 4th line and say he is suited for a 4th line role .

Reactions: Curufinwe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad