2022/23 Roster Thread XIII: Where the 13th Floor Has Been Located

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm still not convinced that there are advisors in the background pulling the strings. Why would it be in comcast's interest to hire a GM who's just a puppet and then act in public like he has all the power? Makes no sense.
There’s literal reports stating that they’re involved in a collaborative way and Fletcher is a fan of it. It’s undeniable. They’re in lockstep with Fletcher because they’re cut from the same cloth.

It’s nice to have a bunch of people agreeing with everything you want to do.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I’m listening to this now. So it just happen to be part of the discussion. ASF claimed Lombardi is the advisor who sits in the most with Fletcher amongst them.

He just said Briere was a driving force of the Deslauiries signing so yeah. :laugh:

shocked-face-wide-eyes.gif

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I’m listening to this now. So it just happen to be part of the discussion. ASF claimed Lombardi is the advisor who sits in the most with Fletcher amongst them.

He just said Briere was a driving force of the Deslauiries signing so yeah. :laugh:

If that's the case, then I withdraw my support of the former Buffalo Sabre, Daniel Briere

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Will be GM come 2023. That seals it. Fletcher stays as president. They have the illusion of change without anything changing.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Makes sense. Everyone ignores Lombardi for some reason. This has all his fingerprints on it too with his Kings/USA rosters, and he’s the youngest of the bunch. He’s behind the scenes, but nothing about him screams “semi-retired.”

As for Briere, a classic case of overcompensating meets brainwashing.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

Peregrin Took is nothing but a fraud. To have him as GM is a bad call.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Where does a “slight glimmer of hope that Briere isn’t an ass kisser” come from other then from a place of copium or hopium?

There’s nothing out there that suggests he is that person. It’s wanting to believe.

Nah. Again, I’m not “wanting to believe” anything. Not really sure why you insist on getting into my head and describing what my emotional motivation is behind my statement.

Frankly, I’m so apathetic I don’t care about hockey related. It’s pure entertainment. And I won’t care until a complete turn around actually occurs, or there’s a coherent process for it to occur. I’ve simply, and clearly, been around more humans in business settings than some of the people posting here. Probably mostly just an age thing.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Nah. Again, I’m not “wanting to believe” anything. Not really sure why you insist on getting into my head and describing what my emotional motivation is behind my statement.

Frankly, I’m so apathetic I don’t care about hockey related. It’s pure entertainment. And I won’t care until a complete turn around actually occurs, or there’s a coherent process for it to occur. I’ve simply, and clearly, been around more humans in business settings than some of the people posting here, clearly. Probably mostly just an age thing.
What is it possibly based on then?

Because if it's simply because "you've been around more humans in business settings" then i've got bad news for you.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
What is it possibly based on then?

Because if it's simply because "you've been around more humans in business settings" then i've got bad news for you.

Hilarious. So now you know my complete professional career. I’ve got better things to do than argue with someone who is clearly more emotionally invested in this team than I am. Mr. Season Ticket holder.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Hilarious. So now you know my complete professional career. I’ve got better things to do than argue with someone who is clearly more emotionally invested in this team than I am.
You're the one that insinuated that you knew MY professional career.

For someone that is apathetic towards the team and won't care until theirs a complete turn around and a plan in place believing that a man who has approached by the regime, that made you apathetic and not care, to enter management is some two faced guy is a mental leap and a half. Even more so when you add a career in business that typically shows that cronyism reigns supreme.

Last edited:
Reactions: Curufinwe

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
you know when you see simeone overboard treading water but ibstead of rescueing them yiu toss them anything comes to hand even if it doesnt float...

Fletch is the guy in the water swimming towards anything that gets tossed in hopes it keeps him above water...meanwhile the rest of the league snickers as they toss their anchors towards him
except we, the fans are th e ones overboard and chuck is throwing the stuff that doesn't float.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Lycksell has played 12 games in the AHL, should I lecture you about small samples?
If he comes up, I'd like to see him replace Bellows on the Frost line, not play on the 4th line.
But when JVR returns, things get crowded.

You do realize Torts doesn't give a shit what a player did in the CHL, or on Florida or in Philly last year.
He has the luxury of playing everyone, deciding what he likes from what he sees NOW, who should get shipped out, who goes back to LHV for more seasoning.
He doesn't care about your opinion of MacEwen, as long as MacEwen does what he's asked to do, he'll stick around - like the rest of the team.
You use small samples all the f***ing time. GTFO

With the way this team is, and will be, despite what injuries they are suffering, there is no excuse not to call up any young guy able to be called up. Not just for a game. For a long look. 15-20 games in the show is not going to hurt development of anyone. (Development, who the f am i kidding.) You throw a lot of numbers and stats out along with your opinion, like above with who you think they should move or think they may move, and i appreciate it. Although the flyers having anything to do with Anisimov on the main roster is a waste of time/resources, and brain cells fletcher cannot afford to waste. Let the vets who are here (laughton, hayes, provo, farabee, sanhiem, etc.) play. Moveble parts that are easily replaced like macewen, jackson cates, sedlak, willman, brown, etc are doing nothing but wasting ice time that could be used to see younger guys. i dont care how many games some of the prospects have played in the nhl, but i know how many the above-mentioned players have, hundreds, and they are for the most part shit. I'd rather take my chances looking at every prospect possible at this level. to see what we have, as opposed to the pile of shit we know we have. This of course is just my humble opinion.
You've never heard about the revolving door between Lehigh Valley and Philly, have you?

Reactions: BiggE and Striiker

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Where does a “slight glimmer of hope that Briere isn’t an ass kisser” come from other then from a place of copium or hopium?

There’s nothing out there that suggests he is that person. It’s wanting to believe.
1669967628798.gif

But ya I agree with legion in wanting a completely new mindset with regards to ownership lol

Reactions: BiggE

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
There’s literal reports stating that they’re involved in a collaborative way and Fletcher is a fan of it. It’s undeniable. They’re in lockstep with Fletcher because they’re cut from the same cloth.

It’s nice to have a bunch of people agreeing with everything you want to do.
I'll follow this up to say I don't believe most of us think Fletcher is a puppet doing what Clarke, Lombardi, et al want him to without his own agency. We think he wants the same things, which is why he was hired and why he remains employed. His actions aren't driven by the advisors, they just agree with them. And if Comcast fires Fletcher, they'll either hire or advise Scott to hire more of the same.

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
It's an echo chamber, it's a safe space for hockey dinosaurs, and there are a lot of voices in the room that are in agreement with the crap they have built. For anything to change you need to change that room, you need to clear out everyone rather than promoting them to consultant or President of something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad