2022/23 Roster Thread XIII: Where the 13th Floor Has Been Located

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
What you are seeing is who has more leverage. Torts in the first year of a $16 million contract knows his job is safe because the team doesn't want to be on the hook for more dead money from a coach's contract and Fletcher is basically a lame duck GM who has very little to sell, but he has to be a used car salesman until the shit finally burns to the ground.
Letting a lame duck GM help choose a new HC is great management. It’s on par with crafting a roster for a lame duck coach.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Quick update on the state of Fletcher's Flyers after 24 games

25th= P%: .438

32nd GF/GP: 2.38

19th GA/GP: 3.25

30th Net PP: 12%

26th Net PK: 76%
Rookie Numbers GIFs | Tenor

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
They will never hold themselves or each other accountable willingly to the extent required to change anything. Not beyond Clarke blaming everything on someone else.
That's why until they clear the room I will never believe they are taking a rebuild seriously. So many layers of old boys club and old war stories to overcome to get some fresh perspective with the echo chamber that full.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Does anyone think there is a legit market for Hayes?

I see a lot of BS talk on twitter about this

On a deep team, he would be an excellent addition to their 3rd line... but of course, not at $7M.

The Flyers would have to eat close to 50% of that salary, I'd think.

Put another way, if the Flyers were two lines deep and were looking to add a guy for depth as a middle sixer / 3rd liner, I'd be fine with Hayes at $3.5M.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
He just said Briere was a driving force of the Deslauiries signing so yeah

I’m not sure what to make of this. I get that ASF is plugged in but NHLRumors Daily said on the latest Cold Stove Podcast that if (& when) they promote Briere to GM, Briere would stay away from making moves like Risto & Deslauriers. Some conflicting info here for sure. One thing that NHLRumors Daily said that made no sense was that Comcast can’t afford to fire Fletcher. He also mentioned that the most likely scenario is that Fletcher just stays on as Team President when Briere gets promoted to GM. That, I 100% believe…morons.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
What happened to Dean Lombardi? How did he manage to go full r-tard? I mean, he was a decent GM in Los Angeles and he and Hextall made a decent combo, but he gets here and now he's useless as teets on a bull....

Reactions: Rebels57

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What happened to Dean Lombardi? How did he manage to go full r-tard? I mean, he was a decent GM in Los Angeles and he and Hextall made a decent combo, but he gets here and now he's useless as teets on a bull....

Lombardi reminds me of Holmgren, for better and worse. He (mostly) acquired a very deep core, including a franchise defender, with some really shrewd win-now moves for players in their primes. He hired an undeniably good coach. His managing worked in that exact time and place......and no further.

Somehow, LA has only made the playoffs 3/8 years going forward from their Cup in 2014. Doughty was 24 and Kopitar was 26, right in their primes, when that team became stuck in the mud. Lombardi did a horrific job keeping that window open -- it's inexcusable. He showed too much loyalty; he didn't handle the cap well and sunk them with long aging contracts; he added very few NHLers in the draft going forward. His team building and hockey philosophies did not adapt in the slightest (fun fact: guess who drafted Deslauriers, if we're talking influence?). By 2016-2017, when he GM'd USA at the World Cup, he was already a fossil. He gets forgotten about here, but if Lombardi is Fletcher's actual go-to advisor, that checks out.

Those Kings are weird teams to look at in retrospect. They were the puck possession golden child when public data was still in its early stages. There's pretty much nothing they didn't do well from a shot/chance creation and suppression standpoint. The key area those Kings teams always underperformed, however, was goal scoring. From their mini-dynasty between 2011-2014, they were 27th in 5v5 GF/60 and 28th in all situations GF/60. It's probably not coincidence that the Kings overlapped with the Dead Puck 2.0 Era, and scoring has increased drastically since their runs. I'm not really sold on Lombardi being an innovator so much as his biases overlapped well with certain decisions and trends.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Foerster does have some skating issues, on the other hand, what got Bellows waived wasn't his skating or his overall play, but the fact that at 24 he seems to have lost the offensive skills that got him drafted in the 1st rd. If Bellows can't score, then he is just another bottom six plug, and the Flyers have better ones. He'll get a chance in LHV to find his mojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad