2022/23 Roster Thread XIII: Where the 13th Floor Has Been Located

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Wouldn’t it be much easier to say that Chuck Fletcher is awful at his job then do all of this boot licking?

I know you realize this and I know I've already said something to this effect before, but he's not defending Chuck, not really. He's defending himself. He just can't have been wrong this whole time. We can't have been right. It's simply not possible. And so he will argue himself into a corner just so long as he doesn't have to admit to himself that he's actually wrong and has been wrong this entire time.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
40213dc187d5e0582a58bb695c7c3c76.png

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This is a flat out lie. You have been shown repeatedly how many picks have been bled away. In terms of overall value, Fletcher has tossed away an entire draft worth of picks.
Exaggeration doesn't make it true.
1st, (3) 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, back 1st, (2) 3rd, 4th
This TDL they'll probably get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

So it's not like they're devoid of draft picks going forward, and the key will be the top picks the next 2-3 drafts, the odds a 2nd rd pick is a top 6/top 4 player are slim, whereas a top 5 pick is highly likely to be a top player.

After watching the Phantoms tonight, I'm a lot more confident in their prospects, not a lot of top players coming but the kind of depth you hope to get five years from now from picks outside the 1st rd.

So the real key to rebuilding is going to be Gauthier and those 2-3 top picks the next few years.
It's not just that they'll add talent and skill, but they'll push other players down to where they're better fits.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Exaggeration doesn't make it true.
1st, (3) 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, back 1st, (2) 3rd, 4th
This TDL they'll probably get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

So it's not like they're devoid of draft picks going forward, and the key will be the top picks the next 2-3 drafts, the odds a 2nd rd pick is a top 6/top 4 player are slim, whereas a top 5 pick is highly likely to be a top player.

After watching the Phantoms tonight, I'm a lot more confident in their prospects, not a lot of top players coming but the kind of depth you hope to get five years from now from picks outside the 1st rd.

So the real key to rebuilding is going to be Gauthier and those 2-3 top picks the next few years.
It's not just that they'll add talent and skill, but they'll push other players down to where they're better fits.

For a team in their situation, they are devoid of draft picks.

You're banking on Fletcher, who has lost 9/10 trades he's made as GM, will get value? Good luck with that.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
For those of you who watched 06-07. Was it as bad as this year or is this season even worse. Lack of any future assets or up and coming players notwithstanding.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
For those of you who watched 06-07. Was it as bad as this year or is this season even worse. Lack of any future assets or up and coming players notwithstanding.
i felt better about our young players at that point. It was also a different NHL in terms of spending.

They really hit on all of their trades that year. Kimmo, Hartnell, Lupul, Smith. They retooled in 7 months. I remember being excited about Upshall too.

This team has just nothing for me to get excited for. We need like 3 Gauthier’s.

I’m sorry players like TK and Farabee just aren’t gonna take us anywhere, and I’ve grown a soft spot for TK

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
For a team in their situation, they are devoid of draft picks.

You're banking on Fletcher, who has lost 9/10 trades he's made as GM, will get value? Good luck with that.

Not just draft picks. Prospects and roster value too. Every team overrates their own prospects and every team has prospects and young players. Relative to other teams or what a rebuilding team should have, our prospect pool and roster talent is piss poor. Doubly so after factoring in our inability to develop players properly.

It's better without Giroux and some graduations, but the average age of our roster has to be up there, especially for a supposedly rebuilding team. Our core definitely is. Most of our top six is right around or significantly over 30. Couturier, Hayes, Atkinson, JVR, etc. In terms of blue chippers to build around anything approaching long-term it's, what, Hart and maybe Farabee at this point? Our most recent 1st I guess (Cutter IIRC)? Assuming their development doesn't get as muddled up as Frost's.

There's not much value to be had anywhere really short of selling off almost every veteran.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Any info on ticket sales and viewership this year? I know it's still relatively early, there's an endless supply of authentic idiots with more money than they could ever need, and viewership is probably extra difficult with how streaming effects things.

Curious if they're seeing a drastic effect on their bottom line yet. They seemed to be really suffering in that department the second half of last season.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
7th from the bottom and counting

Roll baby, roll!

1669550972594.gif

Much worse now. At least in 06-07, with Richards, Carter and even Umberger in the pipeline you had hope. Plus during the season, Holmgren was at least able to acquire young talent like Coburn and Upshall and he got Biron to stabilize the goaltending.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

It was unwatchable but it was clearly an aberration, and by the end of the season there was hope that they'd be able to quickly turn it around. Imagine what those teams might have been able to do if only the ping pong balls fell the right way.

Now? There is no hope here as long as the management remains the same, and I'm not just talking about Fletcher. Even if we luck into Bedard through Chuck's sheer incompetence, he's going to spend the first part of his career on a smoking train wreck of a roster without any hopes of a proper rebuild.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
It was unwatchable but it was clearly an aberration, and by the end of the season there was hope that they'd be able to quickly turn it around. Imagine what those teams might have been able to do if only the ping pong balls fell the right way.

Now? There is no hope here as long as the management remains the same, and I'm not just talking about Fletcher. Even if we luck into Bedard through Chuck's sheer incompetence, he's going to spend the first part of his career on a smoking train wreck of a roster without any hopes of a proper rebuild.
But...... 'Flyers' hockey and playing the game the 'right' way. That's what matters though, right?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm patient, I'm old enough to have lived through some horrible franchises, the Phillies for two bad stretches, the Eagles before Lurie bought them, "the process" with the Sixers. Flyers have had only one bad stretch, and that was before most of you were fans,
1989-1994, missed the playoffs five straight seasons, fired Clarke as GM and Holmgren as HC.

1990 drafted: Ricci #4, SImon #25, Renberg #40, Therien #47
1991 drafted: Forsberg #6, Yushkevich #122
1992: totally blew the draft - Sittler #7, Bowen #15, Metlyuk #31, none played in the NHL
1993: drafted: Ninimaa #36, Prospal #71

The key were trades, Recchi and 3rd for LeClair and Desjardins
Ron Sutter for Brind'Amour
1993, 1994 1st, Simon, Ricci, Forsberg, Hextall for Lindros

Watching LHV destroy a good Rochester team, led by their prospects, makes me more hopeful than the last time I saw them.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm patient, I'm old enough to have lived through some horrible franchises, the Phillies for two bad stretches, the Eagles before Lurie bought them, "the process" with the Sixers. Flyers have had only one bad stretch, and that was before most of you were fans,
1989-1994, missed the playoffs five straight seasons, fired Clarke as GM and Holmgren as HC.

1990 drafted: Ricci #4, SImon #25, Renberg #40, Therien #47
1991 drafted: Forsberg #6, Yushkevich #122
1992: totally blew the draft - Sittler #7, Bowen #15, Metlyuk #31, none played in the NHL
1993: drafted: Ninimaa #36, Prospal #71

The key were trades, Recchi and 3rd for LeClair and Desjardins
Ron Sutter for Brind'Amour
1993, 1994 1st, Simon, Ricci, Forsberg, Hextall for Lindros

Watching LHV destroy a good Rochester team, lead by their prospects, makes me more hopeful than the last time I saw them.

Oh good. The AHL team won a game. Fletcher has truly saved us.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Oh good. The AHL team won a game. Fletcher has truly saved us.
It was a very impressive game, they didn't just win, they absolutely dominated Rochester until garbage time.
With a lineup that included Foerster, Lycksell, Desnoyers, Wisdom, even Ratcliffe looked solid, York, Attard, Ginning and Zamula.

The kids led the way, the only veterans who stood out were Anisimov and Connouton, Belpido was a bit erratic, Fitzgerald and O'Reilly were showing their age.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It was a very impressive game, they didn't just win, they absolutely dominated Rochester until garbage time.
With a lineup that included Foerster, Lycksell, Desnoyers, Wisdom, even Ratcliffe looked solid, York, Attard, Ginning and Zamula.

The kids led the way, the only veterans who stood out were Anisimov and Connouton, Belpido was a bit erratic, Fitzgerald and O'Reilly were showing their age.
Anisimov, Foerster, Lyscksell, Desnoyers, York, Attard, and Zamula should be brought up. There easily are four forwards and three defensemen that the Flyers who are icing that can be replaced. Who should go is up for you to decide. There are so many of them to choose from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad