2022/23 Roster Thread XII: The Twelfth Night, a comedy play

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Torts is nothing but a fraud, and a snake oil salesman. It’s not shocking that he fit so perfectly, and was wanted so desperately by the Flyers front office, and country club departments.

A perfect marriage.

Hope these idiots are patting themselves on the back come draft time for the meaningless wins leading to a poor draft position.

Rebuilding. Exhibit A.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Torts is the most honest person in the sport. You might disagree with his opinions, but he's not bullshitting anyone.

Reactions: renberg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They're shuffling lines and auditioning young players in different roles?
I'm shocked, given they're competing for a playoff spot, how could Torts do such a thing?

Or maybe he's conducting a rebuild, and right now just gathering information about his team, seeing who has chemistry with whom, and how they fit different roles? Because he's looking at the long-term, and isn't going to make final decisions about personnel until June?

• Haha
Reactions: Cody Webster

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I cannot believe one of the worst teams in the league is catering to Artem Anisimov in the Year 2022.
Oh, let's not get too excited.
Given Sedlak has taken his spot, they may be simply helping Anisimov get into shape to audition for a job elsewhere.
Sometimes teams do nice things for players because either they want to promote good will or a HC might want to help out a former player.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Torts is nothing but a fraud, and a snake oil salesman. It’s not shocking that he fit so perfectly, and was wanted so desperately by the Flyers front office, and country club departments.

A perfect marriage.

Hope these idiots are patting themselves on the back come draft time for the meaningless wins leading to a poor draft position.

Rebuilding. Exhibit A.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Oh, let's not get too excited.
Given Sedlak has taken his spot, they may be simply helping Anisimov get into shape to audition for a job elsewhere.
Sometimes teams do nice things for players because either they want to promote good will or a HC might want to help out a former player.
I think they'll end up signing Anisimov given the Flyers' weakness down the middle. As long as he can still skate.

They'll need to clear out a contract, of course. I'm sure someone will take Isaac Ratcliffe for future considerations.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Columbus: 6 points in 12 games and staring at year 1 of a 7 year $9.75M per Gaudreau deal who turns 30 before next season.

Chalk another one up for the "sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make" category.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Columbus: 6 points in 12 games and staring at year 1 of a 7 year $9.75M per Gaudreau deal who turns 30 before next season.

Chalk another one up for the "sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make" category.
I'm sure you realize that JG there and JG here are not the same. But keep finding ways to make it look like you think Fletcher is doing a good job.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Ah, yes, that must strictly fall at Gaudreau's feet and there must be no other context whatsoever that could help explain something.

Le sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad