2022/23 Roster Thread XII: The Twelfth Night, a comedy play

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
This honestly gives me hope that we will end bottom5 with Anaheim and Arizona. Seeing the sharks, canucks, cbj have better stats….hopefully they can all pick it up a bit lol
55 pts max

@Magua three strong defensive pairs defensively to go with that skill upfront. Marino for Smith was a coup for them.

Wait where is Provorov's pair?

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
The Flyers rebuild hasn’t started, no matter how much you repeat this. LTIR to multiple 30+ year olds, on a team laughably expecting to retool and compete for the playoffs, is not a rebuild. Not anymore than a F5 tornado means a chance to remodel your home.

Picks are still going out, picks are not going in, they’re maxed to the cap, they’re at the contract limit, they’ve handed out multiple 8 year UFA deals within the last calendar year, they’re playing MacEwen and Deslauriers and Seeler over young players, they have one of the worst prospect pools in hockey, and above all there’s not a shred of a plan. Reality is waiting for you whenever you’d like to meet it.

Hischier might be the 4th or 5th most important player in the organization. The Flyers don’t even have a player as good as him. That’s some perspective.
its pretty much this simple. although, if the current injured players were in, i doubt they would be much better.

Reactions: BiggE and Rebels57

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I would not have guessed TK would lead the team in PIMs through the first 11 games (22 PIMs).

Deslauriers has 19 PIMs in half the ice time.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Dear authenics,
This is why the long losing streaks are coming. But yeah, keep drinking the Tortorella Kool-ade

Where is the pairing of Seeler/Risto found, my good man.
1667830992208.png

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Reactions: BiggE

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I wouldn't bet on long losing streaks.
And I would bet on this team gradually improving, they're not going to be good, but they won't be terrible, either.

The rebuild started the moment Torts signed his contract, he ended all talk of an "aggressive reload," or competing for a playoff spot even before Atkinson and JVR were injured and they found out Couts would miss most or all of the season.

Deslauriers was brought in to set a tone, not fighting, but an aggressive forecheck.
He plays limited minutes, but his presence is felt.
He's not blocking anyone, b/c a talented young forward shouldn't be your 12th forward in any case.
It's a spot for veterans and marginal prospects - a good prospect should either be in the top 9 or the first line in LHV.

TDA was a value trade, he's a high 1st rd pick talent, whether Torts can clean up his game and turn him into an elite player remains to be seen, but he's already fixed the PP and adds speed and offensive skill to the defensive corp. 2nd in two years, 3rd and 4th, is not much to pay for a first pair D-man.

They didn't pay to dump JVR, they didn't sign any real FAs, they're auditioning a bunch of players and will do so all season.
There's no urgency to load the lineup with prospects, since this is a long-term project, you can be patient with young players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fotiu29

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
CBJ is terrible, but they have all those skill players, JG, Voracek, Laine,

Yes, Merzlikins has been bad, but look at this trend, .923, .916., .907, .863.
Hmm, who was his HC his first two seasons . . .

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
CBJ is terrible, but they have all those skill players, JG, Voracek, Laine,

Yes, Merzlikins has bee bad, but look at this trend, .923, .916., .907, .863.
Hmm, who was his HC his first two seasons . . .
The Flyers are terrible and they have no skill players.

Great success. Much praise.

And I am once again here to tell you that this is not a rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad