2022/23 Roster Thread XII: The Twelfth Night, a comedy play

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ben chiarot net the habs a 23 pick smh, a prospect, and a 4th. You could argue that the habs got a better deal
Physical D-men garner a premium at the TDL, heck we got a 1st, 3rd and Gudas for Coburn.
Try again, I said an "equivalent" trade, that is for a rental wing (not center, they are valued higher).

• Haha
Reactions: Cody Webster

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
TDL trades land you late first round picks, because the teams trading for players tend to be playoff teams that are hoping to get deep into the playoffs. That's why the idea you can quickly rebuild by trading players generally doesn't work out, you accumulate late 1st rd picks and "B" prospects, which can help build depth but rarely end up being cornerstone players.

Rangers are a good example:

Stepan and Raanta for 2017 1st (#7) (Andersson) and TDA.

Nash for Spooner, Lindgren (#45), Belesky, 2018 1st (#26). The 1st rd was packed with a 2nd rd pick to move up to #22 to take Miller. Spooner was traded for Strome and was soon out of the league. Strome left as a FA.

McDonagh and Miller for Howden, Hajek, Namenstikov, 2018 1st (#28) [Lundqvist]. Got a 4th for Howden and a 4th for Namenstikov.

Zuccarello for 2nd (#49) in 2019 and 3rd (#92) in 2020.

Hayes for 2019 1st, then traded with Pionk for Trouba.

Rangers traded a bunch of starters, ended up with Miller, Trouba, Lindqvist, Lindgren (but subtracted Pionk).

• Haha
Reactions: Cody Webster

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
They did. Of the two trades, the 2023 pick was the most valuable asset moved. And Chiarot is a considerably worse player.
Ya total bs. We suck lol

Physical D-men garner a premium at the TDL, heck we got a 1st, 3rd and Gudas for Coburn.
Try again, I said an "equivalent" trade, that is for a rental wing (not center, they are valued higher).
I wasn’t even responding to your equivalent, just stating we got less than that deal which is sad. Chiarot was an overpayment

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
TDL trades land you late first round picks, because the teams trading for players tend to be playoff teams that are hoping to get deep into the playoffs. That's why the idea you can quickly rebuild by trading players generally doesn't work out, you accumulate late 1st rd picks and "B" prospects, which can help build depth but rarely end up being cornerstone players.

Nash for Spooner, Lindgren (#45), Belesky, 2018 1st (#26). The 1st rd was packed with a 2nd rd pick to move up to #22 to take Miller. Spooner was traded for Strome and was soon out of the league. Strome left as a FA.

McDonagh and Miller for Howden, Hajek, Namenstikov, 2018 1st (#28) [Lundqvist]. Got a 4th for Howden and a 4th for Namenstikov.

Rangers traded a bunch of starters, ended up with Miller, Trouba, Lindqvist, Lindgren (but subtracted Pionk).
Were any of those first round picks in drafts that were three (or four) drafts away?

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

None of these guys are on giroux level

But the point people are trying to make is that giroux should’ve gotten the 23 1st at least and we weren’t even able to get that

Reactions: Tripod

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
"The Kids will play" turns into "the kids aren't good enough to play" every single October.

You'd think a team that someone is convinced is rebuilding and has kids that aren't good enough to play would want to acquire as much draft capital as possible, but they give out picks like they are candy. Poor draft record + giving away half of your valuable picks = recipe for one winning team, I tell you what.

Bro Gudas is a physical dman, and he was the throw in for that Coburn deal.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
"The Kids will play" turns into "the kids aren't good enough to play" every single October.

You'd think a team that someone is convinced is rebuilding and has kids that aren't good enough to play would want to acquire as much draft capital as possible, but they give out picks like they are candy. Poor draft record + giving away half of your valuable picks = recipe for one winning team, I tell you what.

Ya but gudas would command like 3 first rounders now cus he’s physical and a rhd

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BiggE

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

He was injured at the time.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Am I reading that since Chuck got market value for G, and Risto would have fetched a 1st, that Ristolainen had more deadline value than Giroux?
Well, Chariot did, Fla traded for him BEFORE they went after G, and gave that 2023 1st, a 4th and a "C" prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad