2022/23 Roster Thread III: Run It Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well they still could blow everything I said up by signing or trading for a Goalie. Assuming 750k for that slot is....optimistic. I just didn't have any better options to use with Fedotov's status what it is.

There are just so many variables here that we have no idea where they stand. Fitting under with or without Ellis are different universes.
I think adding TDA was an admission that they don't expect to see Ellis this season, if ever.
Otherwise the move makes no sense.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I think adding TDA was an admission that they don't expect to see Ellis this season, if ever.

The other option here is that he wants to try to come back, but they don't think he can do it. We just don't know.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think the evidence is pretty damn clear they are stuck with JVR. No one wants him, so you hope he has that contract-year season.

Reactions: Bob Clarke Fan Club

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Gaudreau was on Chicklets. He said the Flyers told him before free agency day they were out because they couldn’t make it work capspace wise. He said it was just two teams he was talking to on free agency day (he basically said one was NJ in other statements made during the interview) until Columbus came in around 4 o’clock. He said he was going to sign with NJ before Columbus swooped in.

Gaudreau was pretty candid for the most part. He probably could get some teams in trouble for tampering if the league pushed. Biz was just making fun of Fletcher when they talked about the Flyers situation with Gaudreau. :laugh:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Well they still could blow everything I said up by signing or trading for a Goalie. Assuming 750k for that slot is....optimistic. I just didn't have any better options to use with Fedotov's status what it is.

There are just so many variables here that we have no idea where they stand. Fitting under with or without Ellis are different universes.

There is one constant in both scenarios:

This is not a good roster.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Fletcher also has the Sandstrom option at $775,000, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if the overwhelming need for a veteran resulted in a 2-year $1 million offer to Cory Schneider.

• Haha
Reactions: Curufinwe

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
They can't rely on him, that's for sure. Have to proceed like you don't have him. If somehow he comes back, it's a bonus.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Gaudreau was on Chicklets. He said the Flyers told him before free agency day they were out because they couldn’t make it work capspace wise. He said it was just two teams he was talking to on free agency day (he basically said one was NJ in other statements made during the interview) until Columbus came in around 4 o’clock. He said he was going to sign with NJ before Columbus swooped in.

Gaudreau was pretty candid for the most part. He probably could get some teams in trouble for tampering if the league pushed. Biz was just making fun of Fletcher when they talked about the Flyers situation with Gaudreau. :laugh:

Wow, Chuck really is the laziest dumb f*** that ever lived

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
So. Here's your choice:

You trade the Flyers 2023 1st round pick (to ditch JVR), and get Gaudreau.

Or you keep the 2023 1st rd pick and don't get Gaudreau.

I don't know about you, but I'm going option B.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The bit about Philly is at 51:30 Hahaha, they really skewer Fletcher. I'm not sure which voice is which of the hosts.

"They gave your bag to Risto"

*laughter*

"whoops, whoops"

"You have very similar bags"

"Actually Chuck Fletcher's became my favorite GM after the answer he gave about how it was gonna be too hard to move a couple contracts to get one of the best playmakers we've seen in the last f***ing what 5-10 years."

Gaudreau: " Oh, geez..."

"Come on it's f***ing hilarious, dude, he just didn't even want to work to get it done, so suck on that one Johnny".

Last edited:

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Maybe the Flyers polite way of saying we are going in a diff direction. They money was there if they wanted it to be.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Maybe the Flyers polite way of saying we are going in a diff direction. They money was there if they wanted it to be.
Right, Let's not act like signing a 29 year old for 7 years and $10M per is a no-brainer.

The guy was under a point per game for both of his seasons prior to this one. Could very well prove a disastrous contract.

Reactions: BernieParent

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The bit about Philly is at 51:30 Hahaha, they really skewer Fletcher. I'm not sure which voice is which of the hosts.

"They gave your bag to Risto"

*laughter*

"whoops, whoops"

"You have very similar bags"

"Actually Chuck Fletcher's became my favorite GM after the answer he gave about how it was gonna be too hard to move a couple contracts to get one of the best playmakers we've seen in the last f***ing what 5-10 years."

Gaudreau: " Oh, geez..."

"Come on it's f***ing hilarious, dude, he just didn't even want to work to get it done, so suck on that one Johnny".

That was Biz mostly ripping Fletcher. Here’s the video version from YouTube where you can see their faces & all.

Reactions: BiggE and Curufinwe

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Right, Let's not act like signing a 29 year old for 7 years and $10M per is a no-brainer.

The guy was under a point per game for both of his seasons prior to this one. Could very well prove a disastrous contract.
For this team it should be a no-brainer. We don't have a single player or prospect close to his talent.

We just signed Ristolainen who's only 2 years younger for 5 years. I know who I'd choose between the two.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
For this team it should be a no-brainer. We don't have a single player or prospect close to his talent.

We just signed Ristolainen who's only 2 years younger for 5 years. I know who I'd choose between the two.
I got caught up in the Johnny G. hype. The franchise has been stale and it would have been interesting. As a fan, I like interesting.

BUT a good piece of business? Turning 29, 7 years and $10M per? For a guy who was under a point per game already in both of the seasons before this contract year. And who won't be playing with Tkachuk and Lindholm?

The right move, rationality over emotion, is probably not signing him. When he's getting paid $10M and scoring 50 points, which could happen this season, .....will you blame Fletcher?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I got caught up in the Johnny G. hype. The franchise has been stale and it would have been interesting. As a fan, I like interesting.

BUT a good piece of business? Turning 29, 7 years and $10M per? For a guy who was under a point per game already in both of the seasons before this contract year. And who won't be playing with Tkachuk and Lindholm?

The right move, rationality over emotion, is probably not signing him. When he's getting paid $10M and scoring 50 points, which could happen this season, .....will you blame Fletcher?

JG has never scored 50 points in a full season. Why would that happen?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Every single move that was poo poo’d as not mattering over the last few years somehow suddenly mattered when Fletcher realized he was backed into a corner.
Funny. Seems like a Hextall contract to JVR for $7M really f'd them over. But I wouldn't expect you to acknowledge that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad