2022/23 Roster Thread III: Run It Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauce88

Jul 6, 2011
The two worst contracts are, without a shred of doubt, Hayes and Ristolainen.

After that you're probably looking at Provorov and Deslauriers.
I'm also not a fan of the cost of TDA and his contract. The time to take a shot at him was last year before the Ristolainen debacle.

Reactions: Larry44

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
A canopy/umbrella is fine. A production is not.

But all you need is a blankie

My meds for my trashpit of a circulatory system make me photosensitive so at this time of year I need maximum shade. And even in the shade it's a fight from reflected light.

My preferred beach time is 2 or 3pm to 6pm in September. That's manageable. Being outside for more than an hour in June/July/August is brutal.

Even before these meds, the warmest temperature that is comfortable to me is 75degrees. My ideal temperature is 20.

Diaper Mask Bandits

Jan 15, 2022
Fletcher signed 2 of the worst contracts in hockey

Glorified 3rd line center Kevin Hayes for 7 years at 7, near franchise crippling

Risto - 5.5 or whatever it is, untradeable contract

not to mention
Laughton 3 million
Deangelo 5 million
deslarious (too lazy to verify his name) 2 million

So, that's 22.5 million on pure garbage.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
My meds for my trashpit of a circulatory system make me photosensitive so at this time of year I need maximum shade. And even in the shade it's a fight from reflected light.

My preferred beach time is 2 or 3pm to 6pm in September. That's manageable. Being outside for more than an hour in June/July/August is brutal.

Even before these meds, the warmest temperature that is comfortable to me is 75degrees. My ideal temperature is 20.
A perfectly acceptable explanation. Although you were still a monster pre meds

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
This is what I'm talking about. These clowns near me took 20 mins to set this up, trying to put the poles in the right place based on the wind, etc. It was ridiculous. Get real. Of course it doesn't look like this irl, even 5mph throws a wrench in the entire set up process as it becomes unwieldy

I was just laying on my blankie

shopping

• Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Look at everyone scramble to deflect from JVR's contract being a monumental hindrance.

If you want to piss on Chuck's contracts, you better at least acknowledge just how bad the JVR contract was and how much it boxed them in this summer.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Fletcher signed 2 of the worst contracts in hockey

Glorified 3rd line center Kevin Hayes for 7 years at 7, near franchise crippling

Risto - 5.5 or whatever it is, untradeable contract

not to mention
Laughton 3 million
Deangelo 5 million
deslarious (too lazy to verify his name) 2 million

So, that's 22.5 million on pure garbage.
It's Nicolas Dilerious, I think

Reactions: wasup and BigToe

Diaper Mask Bandits

Jan 15, 2022
So, you have at a minimum 22.5 cap space allocated to junk via Fletcher and another 7 million on JVR, so that's 30 million flushed down the toilet.

not to mention guys like Seeler, Braun, and Macewan won't be healthy scratches.

I'm sure I'm missing some other Turd

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Look at everyone scramble to deflect from JVR's contract being a monumental hindrance.

If you want to piss on Chuck's contracts, you better at least acknowledge just how bad the JVR contract was and how much it boxed them in this summer.

One bad non-Fletcher contract (JVR) vs multiple bad Fletcher contracts (Risto, Hayes, DeAngelo)

JVR at least has a reasonable argument for being moveable: 1 year left, still productive, flippable at the deadline, salary lower than his cap hit.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Chuck blasts bad music on the beach for everyone to hear within 60 feet for some reason.

You can play music more than loud enough for your group to hear with minimal disruption elsewhere. But these people of course

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh

Same could be said of the contracts Chuck gave out

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The first time we took Thatcher Venmo to the beach was last year. TV was playing in his little self made shower curtain pool and HCette was sitting near him. I see a flash of something and see HCette to mom beast mode and dives into the pool and barrel rolls with TV in her arm to protect him.

The people a little bit down’s canopy got taken by the wind and crashed into our family. Luckily everyone was ok but that shit was scary. It landed right in the middle of the pool. I got wacked in the arm and my step mom in the face.

TLDR; canopies blow.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
One bad non-Fletcher contract (JVR) vs multiple bad Fletcher contracts (Risto, Hayes, DeAngelo)

JVR at least has a reasonable argument for being moveable: 1 year left, still productive, flippable at the deadline, salary lower than his cap hit.
He's not movable. Unless you want to attach a 1st to him. That is quite clear.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
He's not movable. Unless you want to attach a 1st to him. That is quite clear.

It really isn't clear considering Chuck is at the helm negotiating his move. Chuck has shown over the past 12 months that he'll either pay a premium or bust to trade players.

I don't doubt that a GM with even a single savvy bone in his body could have moved JVR without needing to use the 2023 1st.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
It really isn't clear considering Chuck is at the helm negotiating his move. Chuck has shown over the past 12 months that he'll either pay a premium or bust to trade players.

I don't doubt that a GM with even a single savvy bone in his body could have moved JVR without needing to use the 2023 1st.
Yeah yeah. I've heard the voodoo: "Chuck is the GM! If it were any other GM, another team would be happy to clog $7M of their cap in JVR for less than a 1st rd pick!"

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Yeah yeah. I've heard the voodoo: "Chuck is the GM! If it were any other GM, another team would be happy to clog $7M of their cap in JVR for less than a 1st rd pick!"

Why would a team like Arizona not be willing to take a single year of JVR for a 2024 1st? They aren't using the cap space for anything else. They are already accumulating a ton of picks over the next few drafts. And they can accumulate even more picks for JVR when they flip him at the deadline next year retained.

Has Chuck done anything over the past 12 months to make you think he is capable of pulling of a savvy deal?

You also failed to address that JVR's non-Fletcher contract aside, Chuck himself has sunk more cap space long term into even worse contracts that are far more restrictive to the team's foundation.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Why would a team like Arizona not be willing to take a single year of JVR for a 2024 1st? They aren't using the cap space for anything else. They are already accumulating a ton of picks over the next few drafts. And they can accumulate even more picks for JVR when they flip him at the deadline next year retained.

Has Chuck done anything over the past 12 months to make you think he is capable of pulling of a savvy deal?

You also failed to address that JVR's non-Fletcher contract aside, Chuck himself has sunk more cap space long term into even worse contracts that are far more restrictive to the team's foundation.
So you're advocating trading the 2024 first to dump JVR's horrible contract?

I think plenty here would disagree with you, regardless of the rumor being teams demanded the 2023 1st.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
So you're advocating trading the 2024 first to dump JVR's horrible contract?

I think plenty here would disagree with you, regardless of the rumor being teams demanded the 2023 1st.

I don't think it is the smartest choice, but considering we have already sunk assets to compete soon, then yes I do think acquiring a superstar would be the best choice for the given path Chuck has chosen. Let's not act like its Chuck's master plan to slowly build the team up, he clearly simply struck out on Gaudreau.

Teams can "demand" whatever they please. A good GM negotiates that price down, and uses my sales pitch like I gave in the previous post (Only 1 year left, flippable at the deadline, virtually a free 1st round pick, etc.) Given Chuck's track record of paying absolute premium prices in deals, it is not surprising that his negotiation skills are lacking.

But again, it was not even JVR's contract that was the issue. JVR's contract was the one being discussed because it is actually the most reasonably likely to be moved. There is zero chance anyone is going to take on Risto or Hayes' contracts, both signed by Fletcher, which are far more burdensome.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You don't even have to trade JVR at all if you just don't sign Risto and Deslauriers.

ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES
Tooltip
BONUSESCAP SPACE
21$82,500,000$80,173,107$295,000$2,750,000$2,326,893

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Gaudreau, Johnny
$9,750,000
LW
NMC
Couturier, Sean
$7,750,000
C
NMC
Konecny, Travis
$5,500,000
RW, LW
Laughton, Scott
$3,000,000
C, LW
Hayes, Kevin
$7,142,857
C
M-NTC
Atkinson, Cam
$5,875,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
van Riemsdyk, James
$7,000,000
LW, RW
Frost, Morgan
$800,000
C
Tippett, Owen
$1,200,000
RW
Cates, Noah
$925,000
LW
Brown, Patrick
$750,000
C, RW
MacEwen, Zack
$800,000
C, RW
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Provorov, Ivan
$6,750,000
LD
Deangelo, Anthony
$5,000,000
RD
Hart, Carter
$3,979,000
G
Sanheim, Travis
$4,675,000
LD
Braun, Justin
$1,000,000
RD
Sandström, Felix
$775,000
G
York, Cam
$880,833
LD
Attard, Ronnie
$883,750
RD
Seeler, Nick
$775,000
LD/RD
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Farabee, Joel
$5,000,000
LW, RW
Ellis, Ryan
$6,250,000
RD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad