2022/23 Roster Thread III: Run It Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
And a gigantic hole at RHD.
But a huge star at wing in JG. Unless you think Risto is more important than JG + 1st + more?

JG obviates the need for a 2C to some extent. You’d still need something to happen with the existing players.

It’s a massive fail. No doubt Fletcher will be fired for it. Same as he was for poor choices at the expansion draft in Minny.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
But a huge star at wing in JG. Unless you think Risto is more important than JG + 1st + more?

JG obviates the need for a 2C to some extent. You’d still need something to happen with the existing players.

It’s a massive fail. No doubt Fletcher will be fired for it. Same as he was for poor choices at the expansion draft in Minny.
Let's make a bet.

Tony DeAngelo vs. Johnny Gaudreau. Total points.

I bet they are within 20.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
You have sent me down a rabbit hole. Who thought those things were a good idea?
Jojo the shit people do on the beach is ludacrous. I know I already kind of explained this but you HAVE to picture watching 2 dudes in crocs, tee shirts, and those suits with the big cargo style side Velcro pockets fighting with this tarp. Trying to get the long leg/pocket things untangled and laying it out flat with the wind blowing...not even that windy I might add. It takes multiple tries to get this situated- one corner blows, the other blows, the side blows....Then the sand. Human adults with small shovels (we have used huge clam shells for generations to dig on the beach btw, like actual pros). Scoop after scoop after scoop into all four pockets. These things ended up being the size of actual sand bags. Then it's time for the poles. They gauge the wind like they're Ferdinand Magellan..."well I think it's coming more like south-southeast". It was unbelievable. Poles go up. They fall. They get readjusted. The thing is flapping like crazy. Readjustment. Puzzled, one of them removes their hat. "You know I think the wind has shifted, it's off the land a bit more now." The other agrees. Pole readjustment #3. Then they're finally happy, and they sit in their enormous, foot and a half off the ground beach chairs. You've got to be f***ing kidding me.

I'm mesmerized by all of this from my blankie 30 feet away behind my sunglasses, on my stomach with my head turned to the right, laying on my cheek listening to Steely Dan, collecting sweat on the small of my back and catching some sweet rays like a non-shoobie. It was so f***ing embarrassing. Unbelievable.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Ghost, Hagg, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 7th, and $4 million of cap space
for
Ristolainen, DeAngelo, and a 7th (and future considerations)
1658264639043.jpeg

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
And a gigantic hole at RHD.
Why is a 2nd pair RD more important than the 1st line LW? That entire argumemt is flawed.

1. When you have a defensive structured coach like Torts, the team defense is good enough that you can get away with having meh defensemen.

2. York has more than earned an oppurtunity to play in the top 4, even on the right side.

3. Sanheim and Braun is as good if not a better pair than Sanheim and risto.

4. TDA and Risto are waaaay easier to replace than a high end forward.

Bottom line is the team prioritized stupid intangibles like hits, right hand shots, and position over a rare chance to add high end talent. What worse is they gave up significant assets and cap space to add those intangibles.

Provy-York
Sanhein-Braun

Is that really really that much worse than their current top 4? Worse enough not to add Johnny?

Diaper Mask Bandits

Jan 15, 2022
is York even going to play?

i don't see him starting over Provorov, Braun, Sanheim, Risto, deangelo, Seeler

Now, I'd put him 3rd in the pecking order but I'm assuming the Flyer organization have him below all of these 6

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
So. Here's your choice:

You trade the Flyers 2023 1st round pick (to ditch JVR), and get Gaudreau.

Or you keep the 2023 1st rd pick and don't get Gaudreau.

I don't know about you, but I'm going option B.

Or,,, you trade Risto or Hayes, or Provy, or don't let the whole god damn league realize how desperate and awful you are . Guy similar to JVR were moved last week.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Why is a 2nd pair RD more important than the 1st line LW? That entire argumemt is flawed.

1. When you have a defensive structured coach like Torts, the team defense is good enough that you can get away with having meh defensemen.

2. York has more than earned an oppurtunity to play in the top 4, even on the right side.
It would and should have been very easy to have paired Sanheim and Braun as a the regular 2nd pairing, but then send York-Sanheim out for some OZ shifts so that York averages the 4th most TOI on the defense.

Or,,, you trade Risto or Hayes, or Provy, or don't let the whole god damn league realize how desperate and awful you are . Guy similar to JVR were moved last week.

If you mean MaxPac, Vegas did have to toss in a decent young RHD.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
He's not movable. Unless you want to attach a 1st to him. That is quite clear.

Could of attached the Risto picks
Could of attached all the Ghost picks
Could of attached all the TDA picks

Boom , JVR is gone

It would and should have been very easy to have paired Sanheim and Braun as a the regular 2nd pairing, but then send York-Sanheim out for some OZ shifts so that York averages the 4th most TOI on the defense.

If you mean MaxPac, Vegas did have to toss in a decent young RHD.

Sure, not a top 5 pick in one of the best projected drafts ever.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Jojo the shit people do on the beach is ludacrous. I know I already kind of explained this but you HAVE to picture watching 2 dudes in crocs, tee shirts, and those suits with the big cargo style side Velcro pockets fighting with this tarp. Trying to get the long leg/pocket things untangled and laying it out flat with the wind blowing...not even that windy I might add. It takes multiple tries to get this situated- one corner blows, the other blows, the side blows....Then the sand. Human adults with small shovels (we have used huge clam shells for generations to dig on the beach btw, like actual pros). Scoop after scoop after scoop into all four pockets. These things ended up being the size of actual sand bags. Then it's time for the poles. They gauge the wind like they're Ferdinand Magellan..."well I think it's coming more like south-southeast". It was unbelievable. Poles go up. They fall. They get readjusted. The thing is flapping like crazy. Readjustment. Puzzled, one of them removes their hat. "You know I think the wind has shifted, it's off the land a bit more now." The other agrees. Pole readjustment #3. Then they're finally happy, and they sit in their enormous, foot and a half off the ground beach chairs. You've got to be f***ing kidding me.

I'm mesmerized by all of this from my blankie 30 feet away behind my sunglasses, on my stomach with my head turned to the right, laying on my cheek listening to Steely Dan, collecting sweat on the small of my back and catching some sweet rays like a non-shoobie. It was so f***ing embarrassing. Unbelievable.

I know this isn't what they were doing, but I would have more fun on the beach pretending I was Magellan than just laying there. I hate laying on the beach. Yes, I know where I live. I'm not capable of doing nothing.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I'm going to say this only once.

The Flyers roster is lacking a 1W, 1W, 2C, 4W, 4W, 1D, 2D, 3D.

That's way to much to not tank. It's as simple as that. No offseason or number of offseasons will change that. Teams don't have enough cap room to sign that much top of the lineup talent to UFA deals.

Tank.

I know this isn't what they were doing, but I would have more fun on the beach pretending I was Magellan than just laying there. I hate laying on the beach. Yes, I know where I live. I'm not capable of doing nothing.
I don't lay all day, but I needed a nap. Ran 6 miles this morning.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm going to say this only once.

The Flyers roster is lacking a 1W, 1W, 2C, 4W, 4W, 1D, 2D, 3D.

That's way to much to not tank. It's as simple as that. No offseason or number of offseasons will change that. Teams don't have enough cap room to sign that much top of the lineup talent to UFA deals.

Tank.

I don't lay all day, but I needed a nap. Ran 6 miles this morning.

I mean, we havent traded Sanheim YET

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad