2022/23 Roster Thread III: Run It Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Hell. It is hell. The chemicals and the water bill to fill the damn thing every year are enough to make you cry. But my wife loves it, so it stays.
And cleaning it for that first time. Gross.

Guys, what should I get at ShopRite. I'm restocking the coffers which are literally bare (we actually haven't costco style restocked the place yet, been a crazy summer) so I'm open to anything

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
It's not just what it would cost to move jvr it's what you lose in moving jvr once the leverage swings in your favor in six months. So basically two first rd picks for cap space.
Now Johnny hockey wanting to play here was the worst kept secret in hockey so if you wanted to plan for that you trade risto to recoup value at the deadline and then guarantee g his spot back with ristos money. That gives you baron and gudreau instead of Tippett and risto and gudreau is a lot more attractive with g around to feed him the puck.

Fletcher just doesn't see the field of moves and assets the way other guys do. He's like a checkers player who sets himself up to get double jumped all game. Braun niskanen ghost Ellis DeAngelo it's always creating a hole to fill another never building on top of what's there.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Fletcher just doesn't see the field of moves and assets the way other guys do. He's like a checkers player who sets himself up to get double jumped all game. Braun niskanen ghost Ellis DeAngelo it's always creating a hole to fill another never building on top of what's there.

That's probably the best way to describe his abilities as a GM

He's the biggest dolt in the room at all times.

Reactions: BiggE

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
If York is in the AHL this upcoming season...than that is a huge fail by the folks running the team
If the plan is to play him 10-11 minutes per night on a third pair, I’d be okay with him logging top minutes in LV. I agree this organization should be relying more heavily on guys like York (Ristolainen paired with Provy? No thanks, and we won’t even discuss the cap savings), but discussing the folly that had us spending $25M on a fairly poor defense is a horse beaten so badly that its carcass is no longer recognizable as an equine.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating — and it gets everywhere.

8d6.jpg

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
JVR's contract isn't the issue. Risto and TDA's was. Fletcher thinks forward for even a little bit, and he can create a cap situation where JVR is irrelevant.

This team is wholly owned by Fletcher. Weird to pick out a single contract when he's distributed every single other one. Fletcher is responsible for what, 95% of the cap situation? I don't think that 5% is what mattered.
Saying JVR is the biggest problem cap-wise today is like saying the lettuce on your cheeseburger adds too many calories.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Look at everyone scramble to deflect from JVR's contract being a monumental hindrance.

If you want to piss on Chuck's contracts, you better at least acknowledge just how bad the JVR contract was and how much it boxed them in this summer.
Oh no that contract was trashed when they inked him to it, nobody wanted 5 years, but were happy it was only 5 and not 7

And a gigantic hole at RHD.
Ronnie attard can fill in beautifully

Let’s make a bet. 30.5 wins. I take the over.
Hell I'll get in on that, I say under

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
LOL at anyone defending signing Fisto or Hayes with the logic of "the team would have a huge hole to fill without them".

Riddle me this: why exactly is having a huge hole in the lineup a bad thing? Because if your answer is "the team would be bad", then boy are you in for a surprise.
Moreover, it would leave us money available to fill the more pressing hole, "player who is worth paying."

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, I can imagine Fletcher going to Holmgren in 2019 and telling him since Patrick is damaged goods, I'm writing off the season b/c there's no center worth paying, and AV will just have to be patient.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Since Hayes came to Philadelphia:

5v5 Points/60: JVR 1.95, Hayes 1.75
5v5 Primary Points/60: JVR 1.46, Hayes 1.3
5v5 Goals/60: JVR 0.86, Hayes 0.69

ES Points/60: JVR 2.03, Hayes 1.95
ES Primary Points/60: JVR 1.49, Hayes 1.48
ES Goals/60: JVR 0.83, Hayes 0.80

I find the discussion around these two fascinating sometimes.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Since Hayes came to Philadelphia:

5v5 Points/60: JVR 1.95, Hayes 1.75
5v5 Primary Points/60: JVR 1.46, Hayes 1.3
5v5 Goals/60: JVR 0.86, Hayes 0.69

ES Points/60: JVR 2.03, Hayes 1.95
ES Primary Points/60: JVR 1.49, Hayes 1.48
ES Goals/60: JVR 0.83, Hayes 0.80

I find the discussion around these two fascinating sometimes.
Three distinctions:
1) Hayes was injured for most of 2020-21 and 2021-22, penalizing a guy for subpar performance when he plays through a painful injury to help a short handed team is a bit uncharitable
2) Hayes is a center, that has more value than a LW only player
3) Hayes kills penalties, though JVR is a much better PP guy

Reactions: Ghosts Beer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad