Prospect Info: 2022-2023 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Szuber was solid, especially during the series against Wolfsburg.
Only missing in 3 games in total.
And his stats during the season are good. Especially since its his second year with the team. 12:39 aav ice time during the season is good.

Lutz did not play that much, because other players on the team with more playoff experience were playing.
And i did not see much from him. He could use more minutes every game during the regular season.
But hopefully he and Szuber can play at the world championship.

Last edited:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Geekie helped close out the series with another 2G 1A.

On to round 3 where the Ice will still be the favourites. Round 4 - the WHL finals - is where they might meet Guenther and the undefeated TBirds.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Freddy Sjostrom

Jun 24, 2018
Geekie helped close out the series with another 2G 1A.

On to round 3 where the Ice will still be the favourites. Round 4 - the WHL finals - is where they might meet Guenther and the undefeated TBirds.
The Ice better be ready, the Blades have some serious momentum. Would love to see Geekie vs Dylan.

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
What a season it's been for Guenther.
7 goals in 7 games to win gold at the WJC.
6 goals in his first 33 pro games.
Now 11 goals in 9 WHL playoff games.
And I’m stubbornly maintaining that there is more to him than this. I’ve seen him be a line driving, puck carrying, dual-threat, complete offensive force. Even as a center. He’s not just an opportunistic sniper. Even if that’s what role he eased into in the NHL and the WJC and to some extent in Seattle.

Reactions: Mosby

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
And I’m stubbornly maintaining that there is more to him than this. I’ve seen him be a line driving, puck carrying, dual-threat, complete offensive force. Even as a center. He’s not just an opportunistic sniper. Even if that’s what role he eased into in the NHL and the WJC and to some extent in Seattle.
I agree...but with Seattle, Lambert takes up a lot of the puck time, so you see a little playmaker in there, but his shooting is superb and he's crafty around the net. He has all the instincts you like to see from goal-scorers, patient in tight to make plays and a lethal shot from his kitchen. Should be a great goal scorer for us for a long time.

Reactions: superdeluxe

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Reactions: MIGs Dog

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
This is an overlooked counterpoint to “over baking”. It’s not risk free:

View attachment 700193
When he got back to junior he was playing too much like a pro. Coaches had to work with him to make him stop playing like a pro and start playing like a junior again. And this is…good…for development…I guess?

I’m not mad about this particular situation. I think it’s okay. But I think it’s justified to push back that it’s always better to overbake and there’s no risk. Like anything else, there’s pros and cons.

Reactions: Prarievarg

British yote

May 16, 2014
England
I know he’s not seen as a bluechip and is pretty low down on our prospect list but Liam kirk is currently playing the WC div1 and is killing it.

2GP-2G-5PT hopefully he plays a full year in the A. 7th rounders like him, lipkin and McCarthy isn’t a bad pull at all.

Reactions: Mitfy93

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
When he got back to junior he was playing too much like a pro. Coaches had to work with him to make him stop playing like a pro and start playing like a junior again. And this is…good…for development…I guess?

I’m not mad about this particular situation. I think it’s okay. But I think it’s justified to push back that it’s always better to overbake and there’s no risk. Like anything else, there’s pros and cons.

Good point.. I think we handled this season perfectly. He got a great amount of playing time in the NHL. He got to go back and win the gold medal in WJC and then got to go to a top playoff team and has been a huge factor in their success.

It wont always work out that well though. And I'm sure there are players who have been yo-yoed who have developed bad habits and unlearned things they had learned from their cups of coffee. I feel this happens most to players who get bounced back between the AHL and NHL. a bit too much. If they don't make that jump after a couple long call ups it seems like it really can derail their development curve.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
This is an overlooked counterpoint to “over baking”. It’s not risk free:

View attachment 700193

I really enjoyed reading about the tough love lessons James Patrick is doing with Geekie.....it reminded me of Hanzal when he was being coached by Brent Sutter @ Red Deer...not so much in comparing Hanzal to Geekie, but knowing they are getting some coaching that's going to help them maximize their potential when they are ready for the NHL.

Also, good to be reminded that BA/Blues drafted Tage Thompson...

Here's a little "So Hot right now" lookback...

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle

100%, he is really smart In setting up his teammates, Lambert and Guenther work so well together, great chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad