Prospect Info: 2022-2023 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagged Ice

Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
It was both a bullsh*t call and dumb move by Cooley. Before the whistle blew, I screamed at my TV at Cooley to not engage. Then the whistle and I knew at that point they'd lose this game and championship over it despite a 2-1 lead late in the third. It wasn't just that though. The Gophers played prevent defense the entire period and half of the second. The coaching was bad. If the Gophers poured it on like they're capable of, they should've won that game 4-1. No disrespect to Quinnipiac, they played their asses off and were hungry. But they're not Minnesota.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
No disrespect to Quinnipiac, they played their asses off and were hungry. But they're not Minnesota

Agree on the penalty analysis, but I think you are selling Quinnipiac short. The Q had the 3rd best offense (only slightly below Minnesota) and best defense in the NCAA.

Minnesota might have had better players, but Quinnipiac was the better team. The Bobcat's superior regular season record also reinforces the point.

Last edited:

Jagged Ice

Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Agree on the penalty analysis, but I think you are selling Quinnipiac short. The Q had the 3rd best offense (only slightly below Minnesota) and best defense in the NCAA.

Minnesota might have had better players, but Quinnipiac was the better team. The Bobcat's superior regular season record also reinforces the point.
I'm just a sour Gopher fan. That one hurt.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I'm just a sour Gopher fan. That one hurt.
And with that knowledge all your prior posts are very understandable.... I feel your pain...well to a much lesser extent.

I was surprised to learn the Gophers had not won a championship in over 20 years.....it's pretty obvious why....the curse of Blake Wheeler.....who probably thought I'll go win a couple championships with the Gophers and then I can screw over the Coyotes and sign witj a Stanley Cup favorite and win a bunch of Stanley Cups.

The Bruins were smart and offloaded him to the Thrashers midseason in order to win the Stanley Cup in 2011. .just look what Wheeler did to the Thrashers and now the Jets.

What a stump (apologies to all stumps).

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I appreciate they called out Cooley's tendency to hog the puck a bit....and slight improvement...but still something to keep an eye on.

Pretty obvious in that Behind close doors or whatever episode about the 2022 draft where BA or one of the scouts didn't name him but mentioned how "he" monopolizes the puck because that's the best option.

Glad Knies and Snuggerud got him acclimated with some good players....in preparation for even better linemates in the NHL (after he works his way up from the 4th line with LOB and Fischer LOL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad