Prospect Info: 2022-2023 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
no but we have created a bottleneck potentially with a fairly decent chance that we could draft another 1-2 C's this year early that create additional barriers for progression.

That being said if Faranucci doesn't sign then we need to discuss whether we are done selecting ivy league players. No way is he selected where he was without some discussion on signability. For him not to sign that would be a draft error to waste a 2nd rounder on a player who was going to go all 4 years because of the institution and the difficulties that created in signing him.

Harvard had more NHL draftees (15) than any other NCAA team this season. Quite astounding considering the powerhouse teams in Minnesota and Michigan.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Harvard had more NHL draftees (15) than any other NCAA team this season. Quite astounding considering the powerhouse teams in Minnesota and Michigan.
part of the attraction is the 3-4 years of development time that you do get.

Still I would be frustrated if you wait all this time and he goes "yah I know what i said during the draft interview but ... just kidding"

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
Aren’t farinacci’s only options signing with AZ or staying another year? I thought he was only on his 3rd year, wouldn’t he have to go back for one more season to sign elsewhere?

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Aren’t farinacci’s only options signing with AZ or staying another year? I thought he was only on his 3rd year, wouldn’t he have to go back for one more season to sign elsewhere?
I could have this slightly wrong but my understanding is the rights being owned are dependent on him completing his academic program, not based on years in the NCAA. So his COVID year with Harvard's hockey program being suspended he would've still been completing his studies. And some programs can be wrapped in fewer than 4 years as well if I'm not mistaken. The 4 years in the NCAA is just the typical amount of time spent if a player completes his studies before turning pro (and all they're eligible to play hockey for.)

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
no but we have created a bottleneck potentially with a fairly decent chance that we could draft another 1-2 C's this year early that create additional barriers for progression.

That being said if Faranucci doesn't sign then we need to discuss whether we are done selecting ivy league players. No way is he selected where he was without some discussion on signability. For him not to sign that would be a draft error to waste a 2nd rounder on a player who was going to go all 4 years because of the institution and the difficulties that created in signing him.
Farinacci was a 3rd rounder.

Reactions: hbk

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
ok. slightly less mad. Still want him to sign here.
Agreed - as some have speculated, BA is potentially playing a game of chicken. Both sides have something to lose. If Farinacci doesn't sign he won't be able to burn a year of his ELC. On the other hand if he doesn't sign BA loses the player. Ideally cooler heads prevail and whatever the stalemate is with JF's representation can be overcome.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
If this organization loses prospects drafted after the 1st round because of too much depth by the time they are ready to sign a contract, we should be doing cartwheels.

🤸‍♂️
🤸‍♀️

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Does Craig or capfriendly have it right - Craig says we lose his rights this August while capfriendly has next August as the date. 4 years after draft is the conventional date, has any accommodation been made for the COVID season(s)?
To answer my own question -
Capfriendly appears to have deviated from the parameters they've laid out below. :dunno:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are the exclusive signing rights for College Drafted Players?​

A player is considered a college-drafted player if:
  1. The player is a college student at the time of the draft, or
  2. The player enrols into college prior to June 1 of the year following their selection (roughly a year after the draft)
DRAFT AGEGRADUATION DETAILSADDITIONAL DETAILSBONA-FIDE OFFEREXCLUSIVE RIGHTS RETAINEDSOURCE
18 or 19Graduates-Not requiredAugust 15 at 5pm ET following the year the player graduates (usually 4 years)CBA 8.6 (c) (i)
18 or 19Does not graduatePlayer gives notice that they are no longer a student:
  1. Prior to January 1 of their 4th year of NCAA eligiblity, or
  2. Prior to January 1 of their 4th year of college on the year they were scheduled to graduate
Not requiredThe later of:
  1. Fourth June 1 at 5pm ET following the player’s entry draft
  2. 30 days after NHL Central Registry receives official notice he is no longer a student
CBA 8.6 (c) (ii)
  1. On or after January 1 of their 4th year of NCAA eligiblity, or
  2. On or after January 1 of their 4th year of college on the year they were scheduled to graduate
Not requiredFour years: August 15 at 5pm ETCBA 8.6 (c) (ii)
18 or 19Graduates-Bona-Fide Offer madeAugust 15 at 5pm ET following the year the player graduatesCBA 8.6 (c) (iii)
  2. Prior to January 1 of their 4th year of college on the year they were scheduled to graduate
Bona-Fide Offer madeThe later of:
  1. Fourth June 1 at 5pm ET following the player’s entry draft
  2. 30 days after NHL Central Registry receives official notice he is no longer a student
CBA 8.6 (c) (iv)
  2. On or after January 1 of their 4th year of college on the year they were scheduled to graduate
Bona-Fide Offer madeAugust 15 at 5pm ETCBA 8.6 (c) (iv)
20 or olderDoes not graduate-Bona-Fide Offer madeAugust 15 at 5pm ET following the year the player graduatesCBA 8.6 (c) (v)
20 or olderDoes not graduatePlayer gives notice that they are no longer a student:
Not requiredThe later of:
  1. Two Years: Second June 1 at 5pm ET following the player’s entry draft
CBA 8.6 (c) (v)
20 or olderDoes not graduatePlayer gives notice that they are no longer a student:
Not requiredAugust 15 at 5pm ETCBA 8.6 (c) (v)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'd burn the ELC year without hesitation if you like the player and the character. He isn't likely to score a ton for it to matter and if he does then it was better you signed him than someone else.

Reactions: Kaizen

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
A lot of center depth. That’s the issue.
It's our quality of depth at C that concerns me. Have no idea where Farinacci would be projected to play in the NHL. Is he any better than what we have? I see he is 22 yo.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It's our quality of depth at C that concerns me. Have no idea where Farinacci would be projected to play in the NHL. Is he any better than what we have? I see he is 22 yo.
He would compete w McBain for that 3/4 position.

Reactions: Jakey53

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Minny has celebrated 6 goals. Video review says only 2. :eek3:

P.S. the reviews have all been correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad