Prospect Info: 2022-2023 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
As I was watching Minnesota earn their frozen four spot I was thinking how glad I am the Coyotes did NOT win the Lottery last year.
We'd be doing a better job of developing Slaf than what the Habs have done.

With that being said, I had Cooley (and Wright) above Slaf and this season has only reinforced that.

Reactions: BAdvocate and hbk

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Who has that from the 2023 draft?
Benson. Anyone else?
Fantilli for sure. Also Leonard. I think Barlow, Danielson, and Honzek to lesser extents. Maybe Moore to some degree. Ziemmer, Rehkopf, Stramel and Strbak for sure. Comes and goes with Ritchie. As it does with Halttunen. Brindley is another smaller guy with big compete like Benson.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Fantilli for sure. Also Leonard. I think Barlow, Danielson, and Honzek to lesser extents. Maybe Moore to some degree. Ziemmer, Rehkopf, Stramel and Strbak for sure. Comes and goes with Ritchie. As it does with Halttunen. Brindley is another smaller guy with big compete like Benson.
What about talent wise?

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I think you could reasonably draw a comparison between Geekie and Wood in terms of skillset/physical packages/upside? Just tossing that out there.
I think Geekie is fantastic skater when he feels like it. Also think he’s can pass and really back check when he feels like it.

Physical packages and upside I think are close, though. Just not so much skillset.

What about talent wise?
Comparable talent? To Cooley? Bedard, Fantilli, and Michkov for sure. Maybe Benson and Carlsson (maybe). I guess Smith but he’s missing so much of that other stuff, I wouldn’t reply compare them.

Getting Fantilli would be like doubling our Cooley quota.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Scott Wheeler's list of top 2023 drafted prospects...

Logan Cooley jumps to #1.

FYI that’s still the list from Feb. For whatever reason the Athletic is still using it as a promoted tweet. I guess they got locked out of their ads account and the only guy with the password and two factor authentication quit and won’t call them back.

Freddy Sjostrom

Jun 24, 2018

It’s in French, so use translate if you have to. If you want to see how far the Coyotes have come in development, read this.

This fall, the Arizona Coyotes practically set up a camp in Drummondville to ensure that Maveric Lamoureux's fitness went well. Already that he had spent time in Arizona following his operation, Lamoureux was visited by three Coyotes delegates: Kurtis Foster, defender development coach, Lars Hepso, skating coach, and Mark Packwood, fitness program coordinator.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com

It’s in French, so use translate if you have to. If you want to see how far the Coyotes have come in development, read this.

Wow ok, I'm beginning to become much much more excited about this prospect and the investment we have in him. Even as much as I considered him a project my hope was that he would become a very unique NHL regular. Not a top pairing or top 4 guy. Just a gigantic 6'7" defenseman who nobody wants to play against, even if he only gets limited minutes. The type of player that elevates the team, a fan favorite, and one that we would always value way more than other team fanbases. A Hanzal on defense, but if Hanzal was a 3C.

It really sounds like we are committed in molding him in similar way STL management turned Parayko (undrafted his draft year) into a top defender. I love that BA knows what the formula looks like and seems to be trying to replicate it.

This is a wildly different approach to the Maloney era, where projects were drafted and we hoped they would turn into what their potential hinted at, or they just abandoned the org (Wheeler). No more finger crossing. We have a management team that will ge their guys and then actually be hands on with development. SO refreshing.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Does Craig or capfriendly have it right - Craig says we lose his rights this August while capfriendly has next August as the date. 4 years after draft is the conventional date, has any accommodation been made for the COVID season(s)?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Not something Coyote fans say very often.
no but we have created a bottleneck potentially with a fairly decent chance that we could draft another 1-2 C's this year early that create additional barriers for progression.

That being said if Faranucci doesn't sign then we need to discuss whether we are done selecting ivy league players. No way is he selected where he was without some discussion on signability. For him not to sign that would be a draft error to waste a 2nd rounder on a player who was going to go all 4 years because of the institution and the difficulties that created in signing him.

Reactions: MIGs Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad