2021 Roster Thread XIX - Who's In Net

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Provorov - Jones
Sanheim - Larsson
York - Braun
Morin

Provorov and Jones is the obvious top pairing that will finally improve the defense/team and make the advanced stats community heads explode.

Sanheim is a good player when he is confident which isn't always the case. He is also super soft. He needs to be paired with someone who isn't afraid to hit, block shots, and clear out the crease. Larsson can handle the dirty work while Sanheim can focus on his skating and possibly developing an offensive game. Larsson finally started to look like a high pick last season and is the perfect type of partner for him.

York is absolutely NHL ready and easing him in with third pair minutes and a solid veteran like Braun is going to make his transition and easy and likely successful.

I would find a taker for Hagg and sign Morin for a league minimum deal which I am guessing he would take. The NHL isn't what it was 20 years ago but having some toughness and size on a team is still valuable.

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020
Provorov - Jones
Sanheim - Larsson
York - Braun
Morin

Provorov and Jones is the obvious top pairing that will finally improve the defense/team and make the advanced stats community heads explode.

Sanheim is a good player when he is confident which isn't always the case. He is also super soft. He needs to be paired with someone who isn't afraid to hit, block shots, and clear out the crease. Larsson can handle the dirty work while Sanheim can focus on his skating and possibly developing an offensive game. Larsson finally started to look like a high pick last season and is the perfect type of partner for him.

York is absolutely NHL ready and easing him in with third pair minutes and a solid veteran like Braun is going to make his transition and easy and likely successful.

I would find a taker for Hagg and sign Morin for a league minimum deal which I am guessing he would take. The NHL isn't what it was 20 years ago but having some toughness and size on a team is still valuable.
I would love Larsson on this team but I’d be shocked if EDM doesn’t resign him

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Everything I’ve heard says Larsson and the Oilers want that done.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Everything I’ve heard says Larsson and the Oilers want that done.
I've seen the reports and they have been out there for weeks. Until it gets done it's always a possibility though. He would be the perfect partner for Sanheim and help unlock some of the potential that he has yet to consistently put together.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Larsson would be a good fit, but there’s been so much smoke about him staying in Edmonton that I’m assuming he will until free agency actually opens.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I can understand being vegetarian for moral reasons but I wouldn’t ever do it myself. Too selfish, too hungry.

Vegan just seems way overboard to me though.

Frankly there's a lot of reasons to go at least mostly vegetarian/vegan. Moral issues, environmental concern, eating healthier, and spending less money. One thing I wasn't aware of was that the meat industry as a whole causes 18% of all global greenhouse gas emissions. I'll even ignore all of the issues related to factory farming and the meat packaging industry. I don't think there's anything unethical about eating meat but the way the US etc. goes about it is pretty horrific.

Another thing that surprised me was how much agricultural land was used for meat production. If you don't know google it, you'll be shocked how much land is used for grazing and feedstock in comparison to how much land is used to grow vegetables. Some folks speculate that the way farming is done is eventually going to ruin all the topsoil and make the land infertile.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I've seen the reports and they have been out there for weeks. Until it gets done it's always a possibility though. He would be the perfect partner for Sanheim and help unlock some of the potential that he has yet to consistently put together.
I think they’re just trying to get past expansion.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Eh... a lot of people frown on people who are vegetarian/vegan in this country. They act like it's some sort of cultist idea.
It’s not the fact that they don’t eat meat, it’s the constant need to tell people they don’t eat meat, especially when the topic wasn’t even food.
It’s a lifestyle choice, not a personality.
They’re the CrossFitters of the food world.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It’s not the fact that they don’t eat meat, it’s the constant need to tell people they don’t eat meat, especially when the topic wasn’t even food.

I always wondered if they get drunk & crave a cheeseburger or something & just give in.

Newest sens fan

My uncle owns Nintendo 64
Feb 13, 2014
Connecticut
There's nothing wrong with being a vegan. Some ppl just want to wait till marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad