2021 Roster Thread XIX - Who's In Net

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
"So now Bill Meltzer is getting crushed, a guy who knows more about hockey than most of the people on this board combined. The bar just keeps getting raised."

RDkmM5a.png

Yes, his unpopular opinions go way back. He was saying how Philly needed to hang on to Grossmann on the same day that Hextall dumped him in Arizona.

HockeyBuzz.com - Forums - Bill Meltzer: Flyers Go for Best of Both Worlds in 1st Round; Day 2 Preview

Grossmann needs to go when they have an equal or better replacement for what he does well. That will be Morin (with a lot more overall upside) with Gudas as a spare part.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
You are wrong, acting delusional, lying, and continue to run away from being challenged to disprove your lie with a quote from me.

Since you aren't man enough to step up and back up your words, I will spell it out for you yet again. I said using common sense Tortorella obviously thought Jones was his best defenseman or he wouldn't have consistently given him the most ice time. I also said Torts deserves the benefit of the doubt with his resume, as opposed to some guy on a sports message board. I made it very clear it doesn't mean Torts was right or wrong though.

At absolutely no point in time did I say or imply that ''ice time proves quality.'' That didn't stop you from going to the strawman in a very weak attempt to win some imaginary argument you created. Then you doubled down a couple of times projecting your BS onto me when I called you out. Here is my exact quote in it's entirety from post 67 in this thread.

''As for Jones, if Torts thought Werenski and Savard were better, he wouldn't have played Jones more, that's just common sense. Doesn't mean he's right or wrong but that's clearly what he thought and he's been a very good and successful coach in this league for many years.''​

Now that the facts are all laid out and your lie is exposed, now we are done.
Long story short: icetime equals quality.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
You can do whatever you want. If you want to make yourself look silly trashing a great hockey mind like Bill Meltzer that's on you. I can tell you for a fact that I was told by a former NHL player with almost 1,000 nhl games under his belt that Bill is the smartest hockey reporter he has ever met.
Hahahahahahqhqhqhqhqhqhhashqhhshgbrrkxnrkckgkfkrkcndkfkxnfkf

I have no words anymore for you...

Are you paid by hfboards to be the mascot for our community? Or you have a battle with dead for the most stupid content in one day?

Last edited:

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Tell me where at any point in that comment it says that ice time equals proof of quality. I said Tortorella thought he was his best defenseman or he wouldn't have played him as such, and I even said it didn't make that right or wrong.

''As for Jones, if Torts thought Werenski and Savard were better, he wouldn't have played Jones more, that's just common sense. Doesn't mean he's right or wrong but that's clearly what he thought and he's been a very good and successful coach in this league for many years.''

Also, never flipped out, never will. Just called you out for lying and getting caught trying to talk your way out of that lie. You got owned as per usual getting caught in a strawman shitstorm. One last chance to point out where in that quote that I said ''ice time equals quality'' or do yourself a favor and take the L like a self respecting man.
If all people around you have another opinion you either Einstein or wrong. Choose one side

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
So serious question here. Are people harping on Jones because of the contract he’s going to demand? Or is it solely based on the player? Because tbh I’m a little confused with the anger and uproar. If we don’t go after Jones, miss on Hamilton, and don’t make any big signings, are we comfortable going into the season with the same top 6?

He will be too expensive in players going the other way and contract. Same like with hayes. I personally have nothing vs Jones on the flyers. I just have a problem how we will get him. And dont forget the fletcher factor on top of that

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If rumors of other teams wanting him are coming out it probably means two things

1) Columbus is not getting the offers they want and are trying to drive up the price
2) Jones is indicating that he is only going to extend with certain teams… and one of those teams might not be the Flyers. Hence the new found interest coming out about other teams.

Clearly could be more but those are my two takes.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
No one ever said Jones was a poor hockey player. It's the contract + assets + not being a #1 true that's the issue but please keep ignoring all of that.
People cant grasp the concept that “overrated” and “bad” are not the same thing. Same as with Provorov.

I don’t think anyone is angry if Jones comes here for $4m as a FA and plays on the second pair. But trading tons of assets, severely overpaying him, and then force-feeding the guy #1 usage makes him do more damage than good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad