2021 Roster Thread XIX - Who's In Net

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Jones also is carrying less through the NZ and dumping more and more as the seasons pass. Not conducive to winning. Is that on Torts? Perhaps he has something to do with it. But reality indicates he's not really a rover anymore and unless he bucks a now 2-3 season trend, which is not impossible but unlikely, many may be whelmed at best during the best years of his next contract. Be that here or elsewhere
Isnt this the way AV wants to play? Perfect for us! Cause we are that good at forechecking and puck hunting...

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
i don't much have a dog in this fight. Would Jones help the Flyers..most likely..is he the best thing since sliced bread..not in a long shot. But there is no way in hell..that i am giving up Farabee, as i seen rumored, in a trade for less than sliced bread
Its a bit like healing your broken foot when you have cancer. Sure it helps. But is it really worth it? Or should you start to fight the cancer...

Hayes situation all over again. If overpaying and too much years for hayes is the only solution, your better doing nothing. Same with Jones.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Top 6 forward, top 4 defenseman, and the 13th overall pick. That sounds like a lot, but Meltzer is a smart guy who knows more than everyone here combined so it is probably good value.
Is this for Eichel? Because at this point why not

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Top 6 forward, top 4 defenseman, and the 13th overall pick. That sounds like a lot, but Meltzer is a smart guy who knows more than everyone here combined so it is probably good value.
It was the message that I was trying to drive home on the tweet. It’s way too much. Even the best players who get moved don’t cost anywhere near that price. In no way you should trade for him at a “signed” amount either, are you just helping your fellow GMs out by giving up more for something you could do on your own?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I don’t know how much value Frost actually holds. I think the flyers best bet with him is to have him make the team out of camp and have a great rookie year. Tough with the shoulder injury to move him.

I think Patrick could be included on a move for Jones. They need NHL centers badly there.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
"So now Bill Meltzer is getting crushed, a guy who knows more about hockey than most of the people on this board combined. The bar just keeps getting raised."

RDkmM5a.png

tumblr_mtnoenZyJx1rlo1q2o1_400.gifv
What part of untapped don't you get? It's coming baby.

If they make that deal, they literally won't have anymore assets to make another major move.

Icedog2735

Aug 19, 2006
Stratford, CT
So the team has 13mil in cap space, needs a 1B goalie, and would like to upgrade/shake up the roster. Put me in the camp that a trade and then the contract necessary for Jones would be way to big of an expense, and without seeing or knowing what other moves might transpire after it, would be a net negative as far as the roster is concerned. Read an article saying that every team in the league has at least put a call in to Hamilton, would love him, but that's going to be a huge cap hit that eats the majority of that 13M and I can't necessarily fault the GM for not getting him as a lot of free agency is dictated by where the player actually wants to go (maybe Hamilton just doesn't want to come to Philly, none of us know that).

So what then? I am not against the idea of adding Dumba if the trade package is reasonable as I don't think Minnesota is operating from a position of strength. I'm not going to fawn over someone like Ellis who was only loosely rumored to be available in the first place.

If we remove Jones and Hamilton from the equation, what are the avenues for the Flyers realistically? Arizona has consistently been brought up as a seller; could we bag someone from them like Garland or Kuemper? What pieces are acceptable to give up in trades from the Flyers standpoint? Hakstol to Seattle makes the ED very interesting as far as we are concerned I think because there are players that might be exposed that I would say Seattle would have taken, NAK for instance, but that Hak very clearly didn't care for because he wanted to play his veteran pets. If I could see a roadmap of using JVR's 7M for a piece or two that upgrades this roster then I'm okay losing him to Seattle; that piece is not Jones and ultimately I'm not eager to give up one of our best scorers.

Not going to get bent out of shape about rumors and tweets about moves as it's silly season right now where a lot is put out there and very little sticks; just curious what everyone's rational thoughts were.

EDIT: Sorry for all the open questions, I just really have not put a lot of research into what the options truly are so just wanted to see what would come up here.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I don’t see @JojoTheWhale around here much these days.

I miss him

That's very kind of you to say. Thank you.

I don't have any interest in the NHL these days. Maybe it rekindles, but until/unless that happens, I have nothing productive to add to the conversation. Rather than making the experience worse for everyone else, this feels correct.

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
If we trade all that for Jones we're f***ed. He isn't resigning with Cbus so f*** that leverage. If he was on a cost controlled deal with a few years left it would be closer....but he is without a doubt getting 8+ mil/yr on his next deal and that + even the thought of giving up Farabee (when Eichel isn't coming back) absolutely makes me soft.

Reactions: DAVIDE1333

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I just created my very own Igor Silent.

I bet you guys can't figure out who was first on the list...

Reactions: Striiker

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That's very kind of you to say. Thank you.

I don't have any interest in the NHL these days. Maybe it rekindles, but until/unless that happens, I have nothing productive to add to the conversation. Rather than making the experience worse for everyone else, this feels correct.

Even adding nothing productive to the conversation is an upgrade to what most of us bring, these days. Totally makes sense if you don't feel like sticking around, but the forum's better off when better posters post more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad