2021 Roster Thread XIX - Who's In Net

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
The unbelievable irony of claiming to be a free thinker, above the hivemind of the masses, while also refusing to accept that anything the coaches, GMs, and media tells you can be wrong.

504169505263783.gif
I can hear that laugh reverberating throughout the echo chamber.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Sorry bro... didn't realize this was a safe space. We won't criticize Bill Meltzer anymore
You can do whatever you want. If you want to make yourself look silly trashing a great hockey mind like Bill Meltzer that's on you. I can tell you for a fact that I was told by a former NHL player with almost 1,000 nhl games under his belt that Bill is the smartest hockey reporter he has ever met.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You are wrong, acting delusional, lying, and continue to run away from being challenged to disprove your lie with a quote from me.

Since you aren't man enough to step up and back up your words, I will spell it out for you yet again. I said using common sense Tortorella obviously thought Jones was his best defenseman or he wouldn't have consistently given him the most ice time. I also said Torts deserves the benefit of the doubt with his resume, as opposed to some guy on a sports message board. I made it very clear it doesn't mean Torts was right or wrong though.

At absolutely no point in time did I say or imply that ''ice time proves quality.'' That didn't stop you from going to the strawman in a very weak attempt to win some imaginary argument you created. Then you doubled down a couple of times projecting your BS onto me when I called you out. Here is my exact quote in it's entirety from post 67 in this thread.

''As for Jones, if Torts thought Werenski and Savard were better, he wouldn't have played Jones more, that's just common sense. Doesn't mean he's right or wrong but that's clearly what he thought and he's been a very good and successful coach in this league for many years.''​

Now that the facts are all laid out and your lie is exposed, now we are done.

Thank you for spelling out clearly that you argued the ice time and usage Tortorella gave Jones is proof of his quality.

It makes your flipout over my addressing that even more bizarre.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Thank you for spelling out clearly that you argued the ice time and usage Tortorella gave Jones is proof of his quality.

It makes your flipout over my addressing that even more bizarre.
Tell me where at any point in that comment it says that ice time equals proof of quality. I said Tortorella thought he was his best defenseman or he wouldn't have played him as such, and I even said it didn't make that right or wrong.

''As for Jones, if Torts thought Werenski and Savard were better, he wouldn't have played Jones more, that's just common sense. Doesn't mean he's right or wrong but that's clearly what he thought and he's been a very good and successful coach in this league for many years.''

Also, never flipped out, never will. Just called you out for lying and getting caught trying to talk your way out of that lie. You got owned as per usual getting caught in a strawman shitstorm. One last chance to point out where in that quote that I said ''ice time equals quality'' or do yourself a favor and take the L like a self respecting man.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
There's so many great ones that I forget about until I see them again. That's one of them.

I'll often see one, think "I gotta remember this one for next time", and then I don't remember that one for next time because I'm stupid.
Amen brother. Except it's even worse because I have them all favorited on imgur which means I can actively scroll through and see them

Reactions: Striiker

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
You can do whatever you want. If you want to make yourself look silly trashing a great hockey mind like Bill Meltzer that's on you. I can tell you for a fact that I was told by a former NHL player with almost 1,000 nhl games under his belt that Bill is the smartest hockey reporter he has ever met.
Just drop the act and discontinue this account already

BritainStix

Oct 20, 2016

Two points. Holy crap, is this Bills burner account.

Secondly, the bar is so low for hockey reporter that it's laughable. Most of those guys want to be covering NFL or baseball and are simply biding their time until they get a shot.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Tell me where at any point in that comment it says that ice time equals proof of quality. I said Tortorella thought he was his best defenseman or he wouldn't have played him as such, and I even said it didn't make that right or wrong.

''As for Jones, if Torts thought Werenski and Savard were better, he wouldn't have played Jones more, that's just common sense. Doesn't mean he's right or wrong but that's clearly what he thought and he's been a very good and successful coach in this league for many years.''

Also, never flipped out, never will. Just called you out for lying and getting caught trying to talk your way out of that lie. You got owned as per usual getting caught in a strawman shitstorm. One last chance to point out where in that quote that I said ''ice time equals quality'' or do yourself a favor and take the L like a self respecting man.

He's been an up and down coach, and his icetime has always been predicated on compliance over skill.

Jones TOI very well may be based on trust vs logic

Don't use Torts as a barometer of skill. He's highly known to curb skill vs compliance

Dude hands out icetime on blocked shots vs high danger chances

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
So serious question here. Are people harping on Jones because of the contract he’s going to demand? Or is it solely based on the player? Because tbh I’m a little confused with the anger and uproar. If we don’t go after Jones, miss on Hamilton, and don’t make any big signings, are we comfortable going into the season with the same top 6?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
So serious question here. Are people harping on Jones because of the contract he’s going to demand? Or is it solely based on the player? Because tbh I’m a little confused with the anger and uproar. If we don’t go after Jones, miss on Hamilton, and don’t make any big signings, are we comfortable going into the season with the same top 6?

A good portion don't want him cuz he's not a Twitter darling. Another don't want him cuz he's not a stat darling. Others love the top d minutes.

He upgrades the team nontheless, but his ask and contract will leave much to debate

If we get him, unless he sizzles, it will be an open ended debate, Book a tour at Pepridge Farms

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Ah. The nitpicking stage where you demand to see the exact phrase while continuing to pretend you didn't say what you said.

If ice time isn't proof of quality, then why were you arguing the amount Torts plays him proves he's good?

You made a poor argument, it got ripped, and now you're trying to blame me for your error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad