2021 Roster Thread XIX - Who's In Net

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

HLQtKc3.gif

Damn. Bill should post here.

I mean... C'mon.

That's an Eichel package not a Seth Jones package.
Honestly thought that's what it was. If you give up that much for one year of Jones, you should be fired on the spot. That's not even a realistic offer.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
or maybe you just keep your top point getter for the year
With repeated mentions of getting a dman with experience I can see voracek being moved for a name defenseman. I don't know that the move needs to pay as much on ice value as much as catch casual fans. Someone like oel or doughty

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
But if he's on the 3rd line, and you need a 1B goalie and a RHD, something's got to give.
Maybe you make an actual hockey trade then fir the RHD.

The 1B goalie....maybe you trade Laughton and use his 3 million for that spot.

There are things that make more sense than "wishing" away 60 point players.

But I am done for the evening.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Seth Jones was the #1 defenseman for the last team to beat Tampa Bay in the playoffs. Swept them, in fact.

Also the #1 D for the team that beat fancy-stat Toronto in last year’s playoffs.

Also the #1 D for a 108 point team at age 22.

#1 D on a WJC Gold medal winner.

4-time all-star.

Only 26 years old.
GB I usually disagree with you and I think I do here (in thinking Jones is a #1D, I think he's somewhere in between eyes/metrics), but none of these talk to his abilities/skills. He certainly has a pedigree but all the of the complaints against him are his decline. Most of the stuff you mentioned are team accolades or personal ones 4+ years ago. Are you not worried about the perceived decline and on top of that needing to trade legit assets for him and tie up a lot of cap space for the next 5+ years?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
GB I usually disagree with you and I think I do here (in thinking Jones is a #1D, I think he's somewhere in between eyes/metrics), but none of these talk to his abilities/skills. He certainly has a pedigree but all the of the complaints against him are his decline. Most of the stuff you mentioned are team accolades or personal ones 4+ years ago. Are you not worried about the perceived decline and on top of that needing to trade legit assets for him and tie up a lot of cap space for the next 5+ years?
It was a response to the sarcastic question of “what has Columbus accomplished with Jones as its #1?” The second time I answered it I threw in some personal accomplishments for good measure.

Reactions: flyers0909

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
It was a response to the sarcastic question of “what has Columbus accomplished with Jones as its #1?” The second time I answered it I threw in some personal accomplishments for good measure.
My bad, didnt read what you were quoting, was just responding to the post.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Seth Jones was the #1 defenseman for the last team to beat Tampa Bay in the playoffs. Swept them, in fact.

Also the #1 D for the team that beat fancy-stat Toronto in last year’s playoffs.

Also the #1 D for a 108 point team at age 22.

#1 D on a WJC Gold medal winner.

4-time all-star.

Only 26 years old.
Facts don't count, neither does John Tortorella's opinion. Only advanced stats and some dude's opinion on a message board who thinks he knows more about hockey than NHL coaches and GM's.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
So now Bill Meltzer is getting crushed, a guy who knows more about hockey than most of the people on this board combined. The bar just keeps getting raised.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
You're melting down.

You turned to how much Tortorella uses Jones as proof that Jones is higher quality than he is. When this was debunked as reliable proof of quality, you began this ongoing tantrum where you try to gaslight the forum into believing you didn't spend your day arguing the very thing you argued while painting yourself as some victim of a trap laid by me.

Truly bizarre. We are obviously done here since all you've got left is this.
You are wrong, acting delusional, lying, and continue to run away from being challenged to disprove your lie with a quote from me.

Since you aren't man enough to step up and back up your words, I will spell it out for you yet again. I said using common sense Tortorella obviously thought Jones was his best defenseman or he wouldn't have consistently given him the most ice time. I also said Torts deserves the benefit of the doubt with his resume, as opposed to some guy on a sports message board. I made it very clear it doesn't mean Torts was right or wrong though.

At absolutely no point in time did I say or imply that ''ice time proves quality.'' That didn't stop you from going to the strawman in a very weak attempt to win some imaginary argument you created. Then you doubled down a couple of times projecting your BS onto me when I called you out. Here is my exact quote in it's entirety from post 67 in this thread.

''As for Jones, if Torts thought Werenski and Savard were better, he wouldn't have played Jones more, that's just common sense. Doesn't mean he's right or wrong but that's clearly what he thought and he's been a very good and successful coach in this league for many years.''​

Now that the facts are all laid out and your lie is exposed, now we are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad