2021 Roster Thread XIX - Who's In Net

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
An ''average at best coach'' who has
-673 career wins
-12 playoffs appearances
-Won a Stanley cup
-Has won the Jack Adams award twice

First of all, nobody said coaches don't make mistakes or that ice time is the end all be all so you can stop with your typical strawman. It is absolutely a factor though considering the best players typically get the most minutes, especially on defense. Tortorella's resume gives him the benefit of the doubt period. Of course you are the guy who quite consistently implies or even outright says that he knows more about hockey the majority of GM's and coaches around the league so I shouldn't be surprised.

In a nutshell though, the metrics that you decide are important mean everything and are ''proof','' and the ones you decide aren't important are irrelevant. That is your logic. It almost sounds like you are cherry picking what to give validity to and what to trash based on how it suits your own personal agenda. Funny how that works.
Bingo.

Reactions: tucson83

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Any team president is probably coming from some small internal circle, so I'll float Barber or Holmgren.

It doesn’t even need to be a genius, which obviously you’d like to see.

The NHL does very much stay in its box so my dreams do have to be met with some realism. Scott to me has demonstrated that he doesn’t really know what it’s time to step in. Even a moron “hockey guy” however would have likely canned AV and his crew after this season.

It doesn’t matter if it was Moses back there, you can’t get embarrassed as an organization as they did, see such regression and just stay the course.

I think Scott is understanding he needs to have more oversight into things, but he’s out of his depth - and I’ll take even a half idiot to do the job he should be doing.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
AV will get this season for a number of reasons, last year was a Clusterf---k, that happens in sports and life, the season before he got a team that had underachieved the previous season to play at a 106 point pace and make it to the 7th game of the second round of the playoffs, the best performance by a Flyer team for a decade. So yeah, he earned his mulligan. But it's put up or file for a change of address.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude toward this offseason.
Fletcher doesn't have to win trades, he has enough surplus talent that he can lose trades if he improves the talent at the top of the roster.

I'm not concerned with losing Voracek, JVR or Ghost, Voracek has been a meh playoff performer and the other two are subpar in the post-season - and in the NHL, you build a team for May, not October.

I am concerned with overpaying for second tier talent, especially with the flat cap.
I don't want Eichel b/c we are neither desperate or "rich enough" (TB with Stamkos and his injuries) to gamble on him and his neck.
I do want a 1B goalie, physical RHD and a fast, forechecking forward. We need a third line that can fly and a fourth line that can pressure top opposing lines.

I don't want to lose the top young players, Farabee, TK, Allison, Frost, Foerster, Wisdom, Lindblom, Provorov, Sanheim, Myers, York, Zamula.
You can build around that core, and the only reason you trade one is in a package for a better cost controlled young player 25 or under.
Cost-control is key, because the cap will be flat the next few years.

Guys like Laczynski, NAK, Patrick, Bunnaman, Hogberg, Hagg are expendable, given the organizational depth.
So are draft picks, though I want a big return for #13.

Mayo Masseuse

Tinariwen Riddum
May 16, 2010
The Dunes of Neptune
Jason Myrtetus
@jasonmyrt

Keep seeing some saying Seth Jones is not a top pair D. Granted it is on this website. If you don't believe he is a top pair D Man, you do not share that thinking with a single professional hockey evaluator. He is not Hedman or Doughty at his best. but he is a top pair D. STOP!!!

As previously stated lets have this convo, no trolling.

Do you think Seth Jones will ever become a top pairing D?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What an incredibly stupid individual.

7a1b0898d536ddeaf00370addee7431e.png

875af4a091591ac7a3af3b4083007ace.png

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Even if a new team President is from the old boy's club, at least it is someone how has an iota of hockey knowledge that can hold Fletcher/any GM accountable. I sooner trust a retread than Dave Scott.

Shanahan saw the Toronto Maple Leafs leave the stone age despite never having any affiliation with them. Not sure who the candidates would be but even if the Flyers brand is currently damaged I have zero doubts that it'd be a very desirable job to be President of a once elite organization that guys would line up for.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Even if a new team President is from the old boy's club, at least it is someone how has an iota of hockey knowledge that can hold Fletcher/any GM accountable. I sooner trust a retread than Dave Scott.

Shanahan saw the Toronto Maple Leafs leave the stone age despite never having any affiliation with them. Not sure who the candidates would be but even if the Flyers brand is currently damaged I have zero doubts that it'd be a very desirable job to be President of a once elite organization that guys would line up for.

GettyImages-495384964-1024x623.jpg

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
What exactly has Columbus done with Jones as their ice time leader, looks like mediocre results to me. Exactly what you've complained about with certain players on the Flyers. The hypocrisy is laughable.
Yes. Same as what Chuck Fletcher did with the Wild and has done the Flyers so far.

Guy doesn't want to get out of mediocrity, he just wants to argue online.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Seth Jones was the #1 defenseman for the last team to beat Tampa Bay in the playoffs. Swept them, in fact.

Also the #1 D for the team that beat fancy-stat Toronto in last year’s playoffs.

Also the #1 D for a 108 point team at age 22.

#1 D on a WJC Gold medal winner.

4-time all-star.

Only 26 years old.

Reactions: The Madrigal

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Seth Jones was the #1 defenseman for the last team to beat Tampa Bay in the playoffs. Swept them, in fact.

Also the #1 D for the team that beat fancy-stat Toronto in last year’s playoffs.

4-time all-star.

Only 26 years old.

That's a weird metric.

Can we get WoTBi2019 adjusted per 60 minutes?

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008

4-time all-star.

Only 26 years old.
We should get the goalie from the team that swept Tampa and sign him to a fat ass contract.

Weeeeeee

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I don't want anyone with ties to this organization in any future major role. No one who trained under Homer, played for the team, or has some old chummy connection to so-and-so.

Pronger? Timonen? Desjardins? I wouldn't rule out everyone who wore the O&B. The Clarke-Holmgren satellites should be eschewed, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad