2021 Roster Thread XIX - Who's In Net

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Erik Karlsson with one year left on his contract was traded for

Dylan DeMelo · $900,000
Chris Tierney · $2,937,500
Rūdolfs Balcers · $0 (AHL/JR)
Joshua Norris · $0 (Signing Rights)
2020 conditional 1st round pick* (SJS - #3 - Tim Stützle)
2021 conditional 2nd round pick** (SJS - #39)
2019 conditional 2nd round pick*** (FLA - #44 - Jamieson Rees)

*Conditions: Ottawa receives Sharks 2019 1st round pick if Sharks do not make the playoffs. If Sharks make the playoffs, Ottawa receives Sharks 2020 1st.
*Result: Sharks made the 2019 playoffs, Ottawa receives Sharks 2020 1st round pick
**Conditions: Sens receive Sharks 2021 2nd round pick if Karlsson is re-signed. The selection upgrades to a 2021 1st if Sharks reach the Stanley Cup final in 2019.
**Result: Sharks re-signed Karlsson but did not advance to the Stanley Cup final. Ottawa receives Sharks 2021 2nd round pick.
***Conditions: 2019 2nd round pick is the higher of the two picks the Sharks currently own: Panthers and their own.
***Result: Ottawa will receive Panthers 2019 2nd round pick.
ottowa and avs got amazing value for duchene/karlsson. this is just robbery lol

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I always wondered if they get drunk & crave a cheeseburger or something & just give in.

You ever hear of freeganism? That's where you are a vegan unless there's free non-vegan food at work, at which point you eat said food item while loudly wondering whether or not said food item is vegan.

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
My fear is that he's not going off what he would do but rather building off what he's hearing they're trying to pay

Laine... ugh

You know what’s smarter than trading a ton for a player with a terrible career progression who is overrated based on draft pedigree and early career success and you’ll have to re-sign to a huge contract? Well obliviously it’s trading even more for TWO players with terrible career progressions who are overrated based on draft pedigree and early career success that you’ll have to re-sign to huge contracts!

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
So now Bill Meltzer is getting crushed, a guy who knows more about hockey than most of the people on this board combined. The bar just keeps getting raised.

This isn't possible. Meltzer, while largely inactive, was a key fixture on this board and much like Eklund on older Flyers forums, it's where he got his start. So, he's part of the combined people, if you get my drift. I suppose unless the rest of us have negative value? I can actually see an argument for that given your posting history.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
He would be a pretty good fit on that team. Avs fans seem to really want him. But they probably don't know hockey...
Or because his usage would be more equip to his skill set. He wouldn’t be on their first pair and would give depth. Makar is their best Dman. Jones would be a fit with a puck mover like Girard. Hell, girard would be able to inflate his stats some more.

The crying over this has gotten annoying in the oh we must not be smart. Stop straw-manning the argument and actually read. Maybe read up on some hockey to see why Jones would be a good fit there. Maybe… just maybe

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Or because his usage would be more equip to his skill set. He wouldn’t be on their first pair and would give depth. Makar is their best Dman. Jones would be a fit with a puck mover like Girard. Hell, girard would be able to inflate his stats some more.

The crying over this has gotten annoying in the oh we must not be smart. Stop straw-manning the argument and actually read. Maybe read up on some hockey to see why Jones would be a good fit there. Maybe… just maybe
I think you're taking yourself too seriously and aren't as smart as you think you are.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
The Kings just stole Arvidsson from Nashville. Not that we needed another winger or more salary but hey Chuck perhaps you could do your f***ing job and start making some moves to improve this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad