2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bergeron looks faster to me. He sprinted the length of the rink on that last back check.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Oh. My. Word. C'mon NHL Network, Bergeron and Marchand each had a goal and an assist, and all you can talk about is Crosby's vision and will to win. As though there was no skill involved in what the other guys did.

That LINE has 22 points in five games.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Oh. My. Word. C'mon NHL Network, Bergeron and Marchand each had a goal and an assist, and all you can talk about is Crosby's vision and will to win. As though there was no skill involved in what the other guys did.

That LINE has 22 points in five games.

"Sidney Crosby, just when Canada needed him most, makes it a 3-1 game setting up Patrice Bergeron for the goal" :rolleyes:

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Bruins need to find a way to reduce Big Z's minutes this year.

He's clearly lost a step, and that first step on defense around excellent players is all the difference.

Cough, Stamkos, Goal.

I fear if he's on the ice too much this year, we'll be seeing lots of that on the highlight reels. It is like he's reverting back to his Islander days in old age.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It's always about the money !
:D

Players divided over sharing World Cup profits

With only days remaining in the World Cup of Hockey, National Hockey League players remain divided over how to split the event proceeds, with some players rejecting the idea of sharing money with those who didn’t play in the two-week tournament.

In the days leading up to the event, National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA) staff travelled to World Cup team training camps and discussed the prospect of splitting the NHLPA’s share of the profits, two people familiar with the matter told TSN.

While the accounting on the World Cup probably won’t be finished for several months – meaning the NHLPA doesn’t yet know exactly how much money there will be to split between its members – NHLPA staff and players discussed the concept of 50 per cent of the union’s share of profits being split between players in the World Cup, with the other 50 per cent being split by NHL players not in the event.

http://www.tsn.ca/players-divided-over-sharing-world-cup-profits-1.574875

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bruins need to find a way to reduce Big Z's minutes this year.

He's clearly lost a step, and that first step on defense around excellent players is all the difference.

Cough, Stamkos, Goal.

If fear if he's on the ice too much this year, we'll be seeing lots of that on the highlight reels. It is like he's reverting back to his Islander days in old age.

What did him "losing a step" have to do with the Stamkos goal.

It was a bad decision by Chara to try and step around Getzlaf.

But let's not act like 2009 Chara would of blown by Getzlaf and made that play.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The NHLPA should try to avoid looking bad (why is this public?), by giving 50% of their share to the guys that played, and 50% to the NHL Players retirement fund, or whatever equivalent they have.

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
What did him "losing a step" have to do with the Stamkos goal.

It was a bad decision by Chara to try and step around Getzlaf.

But let's not act like 2009 Chara would of blown by Getzlaf and made that play.

Step = Step around. Point remains; reduced minutes are important for both Chara and this team. We need some to 'step up' and absorb.

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Maybe he meant Bergeron. :sarcasm:

Hull's an idiot. Loudmouth know-nothing just like Roenick.

Hull is colorful and is not an idiot; we need more boring robots to take note on how he conducts himself with color and personality. At least he has an opinion.

And Roenick knows tons more than you or I.

That essential makes you and I the relative 'know nothings" I am afraid.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The NHLPA should try to avoid looking bad (why is this public?), by giving 50% of their share to the guys that played, and 50% to the NHL Players retirement fund, or whatever equivalent they have.

Perfect solution

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Hull is colorful and is not an idiot; we need more boring robots to take note on how he conducts himself with color and personality. At least he has an opinion.

Be that as it may, I'm pretty sure Sidney Crosby isn't solely responsible for the previously severely underpaid Marchand getting 1.6M more a year (still underpaid) on the long term (which is what Bruins had to give up to get him, but if you average out his predicted production over those years, I'd argue he'll still have been slightly underpaid overall by the end of the contract)

You can be colourful without making **** up or using ridiculous hyperbole to hype up the already most hyped player of this millennium - and in the process push down a player that has long been very underrated and is finally getting some attention by the wider public. :laugh:

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Pretty clear Bergy's line needs a highly skilled player after what we are watching in the Worlds. Not sure if they can swing it but Krejci could slide into center. Backes takes Krejci's spot and Spooner the 3rd center. If not that then Spooner, (Czarnik, Senyshyn or Heinen as maybes) on the wing. Not crazy about Pasta with them, he is good with Krejci. Last time they tried it Marshy rarely head manned it to Pasta in flight. He passes a lot more but thats Sid and the respect thing. Getting sick of the constant ball washing of Sid, he is great we know that. Maybe show a clip of Bergy backchecking time and time again of Marshy forechecking and Pking. It takes 3 to form a line and let Sid do his thing or you could have Kunitz again out there dragging him down.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
I know Chara looked bad on that play. I said it all last year, keep it simple do not carry the puck. He did get stripped by an elite forechecker in Getzlaf. The play after that was just as bad. Sekera covered no one and left a seem big enough that Helen Keller was yelling pass. Halak and everyone knew the pass was coming but let it through his crease. Peewee play by all three and Canada played it perfect.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

That's what I like about Hull, he says what he's thinking. I may not agree with everything that comes out of his mouth but I sure do appreciate the fact he has the balls to say it. I could watch him and Chelios talk hockey all day and be a very happy girl.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I'm not comparing either to fans.

And no doubt they are entertaining.

I find both over the top for my tastes, and their message falls on deaf ears in their presentation of what they are trying to say.

Granted, I find a lot of the Canadian announcers to be just as bad, maybe worse.

To each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad