2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Marchy almost with the hattie. Missed and then gets it back, passes to Bergy, then Bergy tries to get it back to him. Close!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Wow Marchand this close to the hat trick.

I feel like a proud mother

Marchy played one heckuva game and earned the first star.

It was funny to see some habs fans showing some love for Marchand on their board tonight.:laugh:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
What a beauty of a goal.

It's a goal you make in NHL [insert year] when your controller disconnects/reconnects mid-deke but you're playing on such an easy difficulty level that you can salvage it with a perfect shot afterwards. :laugh:
Nice work by Getzlaf too, or it wouldn't have been possible.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
The Crosby ball-washing is soooo much though.

Made it seem like any warm body, would have scored those goals because Crosby did everything.

anyway, glad they won and glad Marchy got 2.

Seemed to me like the ESPN guys were mostly talking about Marchand and Bergeron. They were getting love all night.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Thought Perry might've interfered with Bobrovski before his goal, but it's really clear on the replay Markov does so (his stick between Perry's leg, flashbacks to spearing Chara?). He also can't get his stick down and is then made to look like a clown in several ways. Hope to see a lot of that in Montreal this year. :laugh:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Based on what? The current state of the world?

Based on just about every metric available. Whose lives have been made worse by globalism? And whose have been improved?

This semifinal couldn't have started more excitingly. :laugh:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Hoping for a Canada and Sweden final. I like Forsberg and Loui, Sweden has nice jerseys, and Z doesn't need to play any extra games. But ultimately I want Canada to win.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Tatar just rage stomps Bäckström's stick to pieces in front of the ref, and not half a minute later Forsberg gets a penalty for a minor hold away from the play. Keeping it exciting. :laugh:

Chara big screen on PP

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Seids most likely saved a goal

Regardless of today's outcome, I'd be shocked if Seidenberg didn't get a PTO offer somewhere after this tournament.

He's not a Top 4 guy anymore, but he can definitely help some team's bottom pairing.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I think team Europe was underrated by everyone (including me), the reality is they have a ton of talent. I think a short tournament favours Europe because guys like Gaborik, Hossa, Vanek, Chara etc. are probably done as elite talent at the NHL level, but they have enough skills to make a huge difference in a one off game.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Roflmao. This will be interesting. Sweden not deserving the win so far, so good on Team Europe

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Well, that game's on Lundqvist. :laugh:

Actually that goal wasn't so bad from him. Did look like a kick on the replay, though. Nope, just a fluke redirection.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well, that game's on Lundqvist. :laugh:

Actually that goal wasn't so bad from him. Did look like a kick on the replay, though.

I wanted Sweden to win but Lundqvist has never been a favorite of mine. Tired of hearing "King Henrik" all the time.

One game elimination, anything can happen. This game is proof.

Last edited:

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Based on just about every metric available. Whose lives have been made worse by globalism? And whose have been improved?

This semifinal couldn't have started more excitingly. :laugh:

This is not the place for a discussion on politics, but I very, very strongly disagree with that statement. I will leave it at that.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
This is not the place for a discussion on politics, but I very, very strongly disagree with that statement. I will leave it at that.

Luckily the modern world affords you a platform to do so. :)

Anyone seriously think Team Europe can offer Canada a challenge? Not sure anyone could in a 3 game final, but TE might be just as good a bet as anyone if Halak is on, I guess.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
chara and Seidenberg haven't been doing it alone... but all the talk that they cant handle the speed is getting a kick in the teeth

I haven't really spoken on the Seidenberg buyout... I have to admit it really took me by surprise. I wasn't in favor of it. I thought it meant they needed the money, but we have lots of cap room.

I guess there was a plan to use the money... that fell through?

I really would have liked to see Seidenberg skated with chara the last couple years... put them together leave them together...

I always thought they were a hell of a shutdown tandem when together... good chemistry

maybe this was a blip on the radar and after this month, the 2 of them will drop off their play... whatever... I'm glad to see 2 of my heroes shut the mouths of their critics at least for this tourney.

I am really looking forward to a few posters here in these forums coming back at the end of this season and begging chara's forgiveness for some of the crap they have been saying about him. one day he will be finished as a force... I don't think that day is today. I'm expecting a season where he gets some Norris consideration and firmly re-establishes my long stated assertion that hof talented dmen can easily play until age 40 if they stay healthy and keep their love for the game.

I say charas struggles the last 2 years are injury related and a healthy chara is still easily a number 1 pairing dman no matter how fast Dylan larkin and connor McDavid can skate

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Nice to hear Chara is done has been greatly exaggerated

If he can get minutes reduced and stay healthy can be a top pair one last time

Boston's top 4 left side is pretty good and balanced with Chara & Krug

Both healthy will go a long way to home ice in first round

These two, Krejci & Rask are key

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Nice to hear Chara is done has been greatly exaggerated

If he can get minutes reduced and stay healthy can be a top pair one last time

Boston's top 4 left side is pretty good and balanced with Chara & Krug

Both healthy will go a long way to home ice in first round

These two, Krejci & Rask are key

Amen. Give chara a shattenkirk type and this team is a lock for the playoffs and I still think they are third minimum in their division without.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
The Crosby ball-washing is soooo much though.

Made it seem like any warm body, would have scored those goals because Crosby did everything.

anyway, glad they won and glad Marchy got 2.

Someone else pointed out Bergie and Marchand got their share of praise, and I agree. But seriously, Crosby has been the best player on the ice consistently.

Oh and even though I've been a B's fan for 40 years, if I am being objective?

Crosby > Bergeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad