2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Not sure why this setup bothers you so much. It's worked out splendidly and it certainly hasn't seemed like an exhibition at all. From what I've seen, all these players are playing for keeps. A couple of the most entertaining games of this century. And that was just the preliminary round.

I get what the poster was saying and agree. A true WC pits countries vs countries. This is a mish mash of teams...countries vs continents vs age groups etc. Less meaningful in some folks eyes, including mine. Opinions vary of course.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I get what the poster was saying and agree. A true WC pits countries vs countries. This is a mish mash of teams...countries vs continents vs age groups etc. Less meaningful in some folks eyes, including mine. Opinions vary of course.

True World Cup (Soccer) is country vs country, as is the Olympics. Yet today you see athletes playing for countries they weren't born in, countries where they don't play, countries where they don't train. The world has gone global and the pursuit of money & glory has shattered tradition, honor and common sense. Everything today is less meaningful (said the bitter old fart).

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I know there are a lot of haters out there, but in my view Crosby was consistently the best player on the ice.

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I know there are a lot of haters out there, but in my view Crosby was consistently the best player on the ice.

I've done a 180 on him. Big fan. Seems like a great guy off the ice and if 37 & 63 like him I'm on board. I wish for historical sake he becomes more stately like Yzerman or Beliveau or Bergeron but he's a fantastic player.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
I've done a 180 on him. Big fan. Seems like a great guy off the ice and if 37 & 63 like him I'm on board. I wish for historical sake he becomes more stately like Yzerman or Beliveau or Bergeron but he's a fantastic player.

Playing for the damn pens is sort of a deal breaker.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Burns is annoying me in this game.

Stamkos takes too long to get his shot off.

I wish there weren't so many penalties. The power plays are garbage for both.

The effort by Crosby on his goal was impressive.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
True World Cup (Soccer) is country vs country, as is the Olympics. Yet today you see athletes playing for countries they weren't born in, countries where they don't play, countries where they don't train. The world has gone global and the pursuit of money & glory has shattered tradition, honor and common sense. Everything today is less meaningful (said the bitter old fart).

I'd say the benefits of globalism outweigh the drawbacks about 50 to 1, even in sports.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Aww, Bergy. Well played by the Russian D, but he could've done more with that.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
"Bergeron is the first on the puck in every zone. How is that possible???" :laugh: Dude must not ever watch the Bruins.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This is kinda the same feeling I get watching a third string goalie shut out the Bruins.

.......... But then Marchand scores!!!!!! :D

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Marchand going after Malkin and Malkin acting afterwards like someone a foot taller than him bullied him. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad