2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Nice for Canada to win, but I get the feeling this World Cup will fade from memory like 2004 did.

I'd probably rank the WC/Canada Cups as..

1.87, probably the best hockey ever played
2.96, US had so many players at their peak. They probably had the best team in the world then
3.81, Soviets win. Tretiak had one of the best preformances ever of any goaltender
4. 76, probably the greatest Canadian team ever assembled

Everything else is kind of meh from me

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I thought that was a great tournament.

The excitement of that North American team and how fast they played. Watching Bergeron and Marchand outplay the best players in the world. Would have been nice to see USA do more but Team Europe was a great story, getting blasted early and then beating some good teams to get to the finals.

Heard Bettman say there are more NHL players in this than in any other tournament in the world. With the invention of Team NA and Europe, the 7th and 8th teams are also much stronger than if they were just the least ****** European countries like we see in the Olympics. Plus, we got to see guys like Kopitar and Draisatl who were great and wouldn't get to play in the olympics.

I loved it.

Totally agree!

...and nobody can tell me that these players weren't all-in and excited to be a part of this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad