2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Was Chara the 5th defenseman last night,or just in TOI?

No, you saw it correctly. He has regressed even more this year. The Sportsnet guys even took time to break down the 'break down' of Chara and how it was sad to see given all the heart he has for the game.

Josi eats up almost all his minutes thankfully but the Bruins don't have a Josi to do that...

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I'm not comparing either to fans.

And no doubt they are entertaining.

I find both over the top for my tastes, and their message falls on deaf ears in their presentation of what they are trying to say.

Granted, I find a lot of the Canadian announcers to be just as bad, maybe worse.

To each his own.

Yes, and as a member of the media I understand that once we scream at people with a megaphone from atop the mountain that some people may throw things at us, haha.

I get it.

I just don't want to discourage personality in hockey. Milquetoast bro. yawn

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Yes, and as a member of the media I understand that once we scream at people with a megaphone from atop the mountain that some people may throw things at us, haha.

I get it.

So, it's too much to ask for intelligent conversation and personality from analysts without being a jackass? :laugh:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I get it.

Nor do I.

I was kinda harsh on Hull.

But I really don't like Roenick. I probably lumped them together a bit.

I think he's a clown, and when I was younger I was a big Roenick fan and liked he way he played the game. But as I got older and listened to him open his mouth, I became a non-fan of the guy. His time on broadcast TV hasn't helped my perception of him, which I admit is kinda skewed. He just rubs me the wrong way.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I know Chara looked bad on that play. I said it all last year, keep it simple do not carry the puck. He did get stripped by an elite forechecker in Getzlaf. The play after that was just as bad. Sekera covered no one and left a seem big enough that Helen Keller was yelling pass. Halak and everyone knew the pass was coming but let it through his crease. Peewee play by all three and Canada played it perfect.

Would have been nice if Sekera could have taken away the pass.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Oh. My. Word. C'mon NHL Network, Bergeron and Marchand each had a goal and an assist, and all you can talk about is Crosby's vision and will to win. As though there was no skill involved in what the other guys did.

That LINE has 22 points in five games.

I'm guessing you are referring to Dave Reid and John MacLean.

"This one was all Crosby."

Crosby is no doubt the best player on the planet right now. But the way Reid and MacLean were carrying in, they made it sound like you could plug any two guys on a line with him and the results would be the same.

As for Chara, I know in the current possession-obsessed game, 'getting pucks deep' isn't the priority it once was.

But the reality is, the B's will face traps and variations of it. I know 'safe is death' and boring to fans, but I would rather they turn the puck over in the corner of the offensive zone than in the neutral zone, with little foot speed.

I also get nervous with them doing a Red Wing maneuver and skating back into the defensive zone, as I'm not sure they are able to pull that off.

I don't recall Chara's gaffe last night enough to know if he had gained center (I seem to recall he was close but wasn't quite there). And I'll likely be in the minority, but with the B's, I'd rather he just 'get the puck deep' (without icing of course), and either grind out possession, or make the opponent go the full length of the ice.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
bruinaura

I'm guessing you are referring to Dave Reid and John MacLean.

"This one was all Crosby."

Crosby is no doubt the best player on the planet right now. But the way Reid and MacLean were carrying in, they made it sound like you could plug any two guys on a line with him and the results would be the same.

As for Chara, I know in the current possession-obsessed game, 'getting pucks deep' isn't the priority it once was.

But the reality is, the B's will face traps and variations of it. I know 'safe is death' and boring to fans, but I would rather they turn the puck over in the corner of the offensive zone than in the neutral zone, with little foot speed.

I also get nervous with them doing a Red Wing maneuver and skating back into the defensive zone, as I'm not sure they are able to pull that off.

I don't recall Chara's gaffe last night enough to know if he had gained center (I seem to recall he was close but wasn't quite there). And I'll likely be in the minority, but with the B's, I'd rather he just 'get the puck deep' (without icing of course), and either grind out possession, or make the opponent go the full length of the ice.

Yeah, it was those guys. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I agree that Crosby has been great, however to discount the skill of the other two is ridiculous. Plus, Bergeron is not even playing his natural position, which I understand is difficult enough to do in the NHL, much less in a best on best tournament.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I give you guys credit for being so into hockey already. I watched Gotham on the DVR followed by renting The Shallows last night, which is all you need to know about how into this tourney I am.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
bruinaura

I give you guys credit for being so into hockey already. I watched Gotham on the DVR followed by renting The Shallows last night, which is all you need to know about how into this tourney I am.

Well, after two seasons of no playoffs, I am just interested in seeing at least one Bruin win something. :laugh:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

No movie review has ever captured my feelings 100% like this ever. When it was over my wife asked well what did you think and I was like I have no ****ing idea. it was boring and it shouldn't have been. She jumps atleast five times per stressful flick and didn't once this time. I thought the CGI shark was absolutely fantastic. Like you said the last 15 for how corny it was looked neat. Blake Lively is never bad to look at either. The part that stressed me out most was her ridiculous decision making throughout the movie, so being a father of a 20 something year old girl made me cringe. :)

I wasn't expecting much but somehow still ended up disappointed.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
No movie review has ever captured my feelings 100% like this ever. When it was over my wife asked well what did you think and I was like I have no ****ing idea. it was boring and it shouldn't have been. She jumps atleast five times per stressful flick and didn't once this time. I thought the CGI shark was absolutely fantastic. Like you said the last 15 for how corny it was looked neat. Blake Lively is never bad to look at either. The part that stressed me out most was her ridiculous decision making throughout the movie, so being a father of a 20 something year old girl made me cringe. :)

I wasn't expecting much but somehow still ended up disappointed.

Boring was literally the only thing i didn't expect it to be.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Boring was literally the only thing i didn't expect it to be.

So true. It was actually more difficult to make that movie boring than it would have been to make it Oscar worthy. I just don't get it. I really expected a jaws meets deep blue sea attempt and without a doubt expected to jump a few times.

It's funny my nephew went on his first date to see it. And I was like good choice lots of opportunities to hold her tight and he was like it didn't quite work out like that it wasn't scary in the least. There were no "shock parts". I just assumed he was desensitized being a youngster in these times lol.

They really blew it.

Did you see Open Water?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Nor do I.

I was kinda harsh on Hull.

But I really don't like Roenick. I probably lumped them together a bit.

I think he's a clown, and when I was younger I was a big Roenick fan and liked he way he played the game. But as I got older and listened to him open his mouth, I became a non-fan of the guy. His time on broadcast TV hasn't helped my perception of him, which I admit is kinda skewed. He just rubs me the wrong way.

Agreed.

JR is a talking head who just rubs you the wrong way. Extremely overrated in the later stages of his career.

I like seeing Hull on TV every now and again good presence even if he is too arrogant to have a full time role and would be an American Glen Healy if he ever got one. Perfect for here and there ESPN appearances and working ESPN's college games in hes still Minny Duthuth's greatest ever player.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yeah, it was those guys. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I agree that Crosby has been great, however to discount the skill of the other two is ridiculous. Plus, Bergeron is not even playing his natural position, which I understand is difficult enough to do in the NHL, much less in a best on best tournament.

Position doesn't matter with Bergeron he plays center because you just can't play the deserved perrenial Selke winner and top faceoff guy elsewhere.

But no Savard injury and no Seguin trade and no cap issues causing us to move either of them or Krejci and he might spend some time as 1st line wing for us at some point and could have had higher point totals in that role. Just saying.

The guy could be Dit Clapper version 2.0 and make an all star game playing D as well as F he is so solid and good all around at the game.

In 5ish years when he loses a step it might be a very smart move to make him a winger sooner rather than later since he could still be a 1st liner at wing when he'd only be a 3rd line center.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
More Marchand and Bruins talk in general. And another Bruin with a goal. Representing!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
14448894_10209802169983662_5157991355384470325_n.jpg

Chara puts Europe into the lead - I will be honest if this series goes to a third game I will question if it is on the level.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
14448894_10209802169983662_5157991355384470325_n.jpg

Chara puts Europe into the lead - I will be honest if this series goes to a third game I will question if it is on the level.

Both teams are comprised entirely of NHLers.

One team likely think they just have to show up and skate the trophy around the ice.... not shocked they are losing.

I guarantee the entire Canadian team has made plans/arrangements for the post game party/celebration later this evening and into early next morning.:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad