Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I have no problem with Neil returning. Good leader, big part of the team's identity. If he's back he'll play 8-9 minutes a night.

If you guys are hoping to fill that spot with someone, who? Robinson? He's shown to be less useful than Neil by a country mile so far.

Really? What does Neil bring at his current state over Robinson, McCormick, or anyone else who's played on the 4th line?

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Really? What does Neil bring at his current state over Robinson, McCormick, or anyone else who's played on the 4th line?

If Ottawa has 3-5 rookies next year you need someone with experience and who is older your asking for trouble if its just all young guys.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006

Compete level. Intensity. Ferocity. Presence.

Yeah he's not the loose tiger he was 10 years ago but everyone still absolutely is aware when he's on the ice.

McCormick was decent and had some of the same qualities. But he's pretty tiny to be out there messing with people all the time.

Robinson was useless, at least in my opinion. I don't see an NHL player there.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
The Score: 3 Teams that should try to acquire Radim Vrbata
Senators general manager Pierre Dorion hasn't been shy about his desire to add some more scoring to his club, and Vrbata could be just what the doctor ordered.

The Senators hold down the second spot in the Atlantic Division, but with just 116 goals on the season, Ottawa owns a minuscule plus-three goal differential, while the club has only outscored seven teams league-wide.

The Senators could use a boost at right wing. At 33 points, Vrbata has nearly doubled the production Ottawa's top right triggerman, Bobby Ryan, who has 18 on the year. Fellow right-winger Mark Stone and defenseman Erik Karlsson are the only Ottawa skaters to outscore Vrbata this season.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1204433-3-teams-that-should-try-to-acquire-radim-vrbata

He would be a nice boost, but I'm wary about acquiring a 35 year old upcoming UFA who might have inflated numbers playing in the top 6 and on the PP for a bad team. Depends on the price I guess.

Also, lol at The Score thinking Bobby Ryan is "Ottawa's top right triggerman"

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Because I'm looking at things further than this year. I don't think losing these guys make a huge difference this season, and I don't think these guys have roles further than this season. I'm tired of either finishing 9-10 and getting a ****** pick, or making trades to squeak into 6-8 and repeating year in and year out.

I see is as a playoff team this year with or without the addition of a top 6 anger and with or without the guys I mentioned. If we're able to get and value for them and also make the playoffs I'd make those trades.

Any trade we are going to make for a top 6 winger we're going to lose, you can quote me on that. We've never been good at the deadline, and we're at a point where we are going to make the playoffs regardless IMO.

Unless we're trading for a superstar, or a bargin bin, don't bother.

...So because you don't think we're a contender this year we should just trade Pyatt for the sake of getting rid of him? Not sure I follow.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
IMO we need to keep our 1sts this year and next unless we can acquire a bonafide star (Tavares).

Stay the course; allow Chabot, White, Brown, Chlapik, Dahlen, Englund, Jaros, our 2017 1st and 2018 1st to develop before deciding which of these assets might be expendable for an upgrade. Maybe sign a couple of FA's to help bridge until the next wave of youth arrives.

Also, after being someone that wanted to see Smith dealt after his 25 goal season last year, I'm starting to think it may be in our best interest to keep him.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Yeah he's not the loose tiger he was 10 years ago but everyone still absolutely is aware when he's on the ice.

McCormick was decent and had some of the same qualities. But he's pretty tiny to be out there messing with people all the time.

No to all 3.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
If the Stars become sellers Patrick Sharp would be perfect.

Meh. At the price he'll likely cost I'm not for it. I know what he's done in the past but the dude doesn't even have 10pts in 22 games so far this year.

Actually, I'm not really down for any rentals..

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
IMO we need to keep our 1sts this year and next unless we can acquire a bonafide star (Tavares).

Stay the course; allow Chabot, White, Brown, Chlapik, Dahlen, Englund, Jaros, our 2017 1st and 2018 1st to develop before deciding which of these assets might be expendable for an upgrade. Maybe sign a couple of FA's to help bridge until the next wave of youth arrives.

Also, after being someone that wanted to see Smith dealt after his 25 goal season last year, I'm starting to think it may be in our best interest to keep him.

I agree to all of the above. No more trading of futures for declining presents!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Next year we will have White, Paul, and perhaps another rookie or two from Bingo. We don't need Neil. We need younger legs at this point.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think we need one more big body with presence and good hands in the lineup for now. Someone like Smith but better offensively. I want Jagr very badly.

Jagr is just about done....and he brings a sideshow with him. That's the one problem with having a legend who is past his expiry date....who is going to tell him to sit in the pressbox? Especially a team like Ottawa.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Meh. At the price he'll likely cost I'm not for it. I know what he's done in the past but the dude doesn't even have 10pts in 22 games so far this year.

Actually, I'm not really down for any rentals..

I guess Eric Staal was done too... He as championship pedigree and can play all three forward positions pk pp play up and down the lineup. He'd be an awesome addition.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I think Ceci has huge value, I wouldn't trade hm for scrap +3 on a 7-6 loss tonight. Maybe something around Ceci for RNH. Ceci plays over 20 minutes most of the year.

Last 5 games :

Opponent Date G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG S Shifts TOI
CBJ JAN 22 0 2 2 3 2 0 0 2 29 23:04
TOR JAN 21 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 37 25:27
CBJ JAN 19 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 31 26:04
STL JAN 17 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 31 25:06
TOR JAN 14 0 0 0 -2 0 0 0 2 30 23:01

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Jagr is just about done....and he brings a sideshow with him. That's the one problem with having a legend who is past his expiry date....who is going to tell him to sit in the pressbox? Especially a team like Ottawa.

He is far too good still to have to sit him in the press box.

I don't think there is much of a sideshow with him at all, except having a living legend around that practices at the rink late at night.

I am not saying we should trade for Jagr but I don't think there is much downside in doing so. It just gives you 3 big, strong, scoring RWers. And exposes all the players on the team to a living hockey legend.

Stone plays awesome with everyone so you can play him with Pageau and Smith and that's a scoring line. Call up White after his season and maybe he is ready for a 4th line role.

Smith Pageau Stone
Dzingel Turris Ryan
Hoffman Brassard Jagr
Pyatt White Lazar
Neil
Kelly

That would be a pretty strong forward lineup with experienced NHL subs. Some speed, size, net front presence, goal scoring and playmaking on all 3 top lines. Makes the 4th line stronger, younger and fresher.

Actually now I really want to get Jagr! Lol.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Not to mention the traveling jagrs means an extra 10 seats sold per game

Also this year's draft is weak by all reports, trade this year's first if need be and try and pick up another first for the year after

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Not to mention the traveling jagrs means an extra 10 seats sold per game

Also this year's draft is weak by all reports, trade this year's first if need be and try and pick up another first for the year after

Is this draft weak or is the top 5 just average?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad